I Can't Believe It's not SFMM4! - Game Over

BBM

That's just how Iris is, and even so I don't think it sounded too defensive. Literally was just stating a pet peeve. And if you think she is being defensive are you going to vote her over it?

It sounds like you think she is scum but you aren't doing anything about it. Scared to vote? Don't worry I got chu.

##Unvote:

##Vote: FFM

I don't like making votes unless I'm fairly sure/in RVS.

Meanwhile I don't like how it looks like you're trying to start a wagon against me.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Shinori

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile I don't like how it looks like you're trying to start a wagon against me.

##Unvote:

THE KNEEJERK.

Also when someone votes you they're trying to make a wagon on you, because they think you're scum and want you lynched #logic.

That's just how Iris is, and even so I don't think it sounded too defensive. Literally was just stating a pet peeve. And if you think she is being defensive are you going to vote her over it?

It sounds like you think she is scum but you aren't doing anything about it. Scared to vote? Don't worry I got chu.

##Unvote:

##Vote: FFM

This vote would be called a pressure vote! It's there to apply pressure and get a reaction!

Well it definitely got a reaction cause you then:

##Unvote:

You respond by going "I DON'T LIKE IT YOU ARE TRYING TO WAGON ME."

Isn't this like textbook OMGUS or am I wrong?

Well, in Frosty's defense, he is new (this is really just his second mafia, after Hard NOCs), so it could just be a newbie not knowing any better... Still, the posts read very badly.

Also, Shinori, why exactly did you make that vote a pressure vote? You could easily have made it a normal vote and avoided the kneejerk reaction that you ended up getting.

Well, in Frosty's defense, he is new (this is really just his second mafia, after Hard NOCs), so it could just be a newbie not knowing any better... Still, the posts read very badly.

Also, Shinori, why exactly did you make that vote a pressure vote? You could easily have made it a normal vote and avoided the kneejerk reaction that you ended up getting.

I wanted to see how he would react mainly.

As far as I see it, most 'normal' votes as you said generally start as votes to get a reaction, especially on the first day.

Do you see me voting him for his reaction as wrong?

but you aren't explaining yourself you're forcing a conclusion that you made about someone else's reaction test on others.

I don't have reads yet, the off-topic section threw me a loop.

FFM. Could you try to explain that "assuming" thing meant. Also how were you "explaining yourself" as well.

EDIT(because FFM just posted): Uh okay I guess. But uh can you answer the second question? If you have please clarify.

This vote was OMGUSing pretty hard. I don't see why scum would have any reason to make themselves this noticeable, though, so I don't feel comfortable voting FFM now. Basically what bear said:

That post is so off I don't even think it's scummy.

However. . .

I'm not sure how my reaction proves anything worthwhile, really. Either I'm a defensive newbie trying to avoid a mislynch or defensive scum trying to avoid getting lynched.

No, a townie doesn't value their own life over finding scum. Over-defensiveness is a generally reasonable scumtell because scum do have far more reason to avoid being lynched than town, who instead examine cases on themselves to find scum.

FIRST:

- One of Shinori's posts was edited to put a damn seizure warning in there. My stomach was already loopy, and thanks to that awful video, I lost what little appetite I had AND I can't see straight (and I'm not even prone to seizures).

Now then. . .

GP's claim is eh - unlike a traditional miller/hated/WHO MAKES TOWN NINJAS?!, this wouldn't have been a problem as long as she was never in danger of being lynched. I'm not happy with the timing of the claim, but I'm not reading it as scummy.

Yeah I'm mostly just playing up for laughs, there doesn't seem to be much in terms of game right now other than the beloved thing going on. I love Nicki but I can respect people who don't, music taste is very subjective. Anyway still holding votes on eclipse till she posts. I'll probably have to unvote and make a decent post in the morning since it's bed sooner or later.

I think prodding people who haven't shown up is acceptable in, like, the first hour or two of the game; after that, it reads like a vote park. As town, it's an empty vote, as your vote won't influence what time I get back. As scum, it's a safe way to have a vote on someone without committing to a read. I'll take into account that voting for people who hadn't shown up was acceptable way back when, but I don't like the logic behind it.

Also I agree with Shinori (Scumnori???) that talking about what the cop (if we have a role cop) should do about their scan is pointless at this point in the game. #notstuntingscumhuntingiswear

Why does it have to be a role cop?

All thoughts, no scumreads

in retrospect Iris sounded pretty defensive just now even when I didn't even change my vote to her (or him)

It sounded like a verbal facepalm to me.

Less talking, more saying

You respond by going "I DON'T LIKE IT YOU ARE TRYING TO WAGON ME."

Isn't this like textbook OMGUS or am I wrong?

Do you think it's scummy or not?

I have a worse feeling from bearclaw's reaction to the Shinori/FFM exchange than either of those two. It feels like he's trying to push FFM without committing to a read on him, which is about the scummiest thing in the thread so far.

##Vote: bearclaw/dragonfang

That post is so off I don't even think it's scummy.

Eclipse didn't Bear post this and that would thus mean he's saying he doesn't think FFM is scummy?

And to answer your question no I don't think the OMGUS is defintely scummy. I just think it's really terrible play and it doesn't help us at all.

Eclipse didn't Bear post this and that would thus mean he's saying he doesn't think FFM is scummy?

And to answer your question no I don't think the OMGUS is defintely scummy. I just think it's really terrible play and it doesn't help us at all.

Then why bother with the rest of what he posted?

@Shinori: No, I wasn't saying that your vote was bad. I was just curious as to why you made it into a prodvote in the first place.

Feeling less happy about how Frosty's handling the game so far. Frosty, whoisscum? Based on what you've seen so far, who would you prefer to lynch (or not to lynch) today? I'd hope you'd have at least one read of some sort already. Saying "yourself" is a B.S. answer, btw, for reasons others have mentioned (self-preservation isn't scummy, but it's not exactly good town play either).

GP's claim is eh - unlike a traditional miller/hated/WHO MAKES TOWN NINJAS?!, this wouldn't have been a problem as long as she was never in danger of being lynched. I'm not happy with the timing of the claim, but I'm not reading it as scummy.

If I waited instead and there ended up being a wagon on me, for me to say "you shouldn't lynch me or town will get X drawback" sounds far more like a fakeclaim than if I'd simply got it out of the way now voluntarily. I don't really see how it's different from a miller and such, but eh, I guess the consideration's subjective and potentially WIFOMy anyway.

The only thing that really bothers me about FFM is his post #159; like Shinori said, offering analysis of one's own posts is very easily misleading. I don't see the rest of FFM's posts as scummy more so than just questionable play.