Wich Fire Emblem world could have sequels?

Arrout

I've been wondering about sequel hooks in Fire Emblem games, having recently finished Seisen no Keifu, I have seen a more than obvious sequel hook there, after you defeat Julius, Loptosu is simply put out of his body, wich could lead to another game set in Jugdral. In Awakening, depending on the canonical decision in the ending, you can have, or not, a sequel hook, depends if you decide to kill or seal the final boss.

For Elibe, Magvel and Tellius, I think it's storylines are all finished... I haven't played the Akaneia games yet, so idk.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you leave Magvel hanging on its own? It needs a sequel. We all want more Magvel deep inside.

#magvelsequel

I'd love to, but I can't see how another one fits there... Magvel is a really small continent compared to any other FE continent, it also has no surroundings, like Akaneia, Ylisse and Valm.

I think there could be a game about one of Ike's visits to another land. He IS a mercenary, so he could get hired to fight in another war.

I doubt so, and I also think that Ike would destroy everything in his path XD, maybe a game about Ike's descendants in these far lands.

I'd love to, but I can't see how another one fits there... Magvel is a really small continent compared to any other FE continent, it also has no surroundings, like Akaneia, Ylisse and Valm.

I doubt so, and I also think that Ike would destroy everything in his path XD, maybe a game about Ike's descendants in these far lands.

Ike's descendants? You must be pulling my leg. A game where you play as a wandering nomad would be uninteresting. But so long as it's not about "ikes descendant Priam"(from Miiverse[sorry whoever you are{I'm Canadian-level polite}]).

Ike's descendants? You must be pulling my leg. A game where you play as a wandering nomad would be uninteresting. But so long as it's not about "ikes descendant Priam"(from Miiverse[sorry whoever you are{I'm Canadian-level polite}]).

Canadian-level is a whole new level.

Well, idk, I just don't feel like Tellius nor Ike can give us any more awesome stories as PoR/RD

Jugdral or Tellius. The former was wrapped up too neatly (the continent is such a bad place to live in, I guess it deserves an ending) but I can't imagine there'd be no politicial complications like in P2 of RD. The latter had a sequel hook set centuries after the end of the game, which would basically be a new plotline since most of the characters would be long gone.

None, really. I don't think any of them left enough potential for a sequel

I'd rather IS just moved on and created a new world. I mean, they haven't created one since 2005 with Tellius.

Edited by Nobody

I've always wanted a third game in the Elibe continent with all the characters from 6 and 7 (mainly Lyn and Roy) teaming up, minus characters like Canas and Karla who are dead. But that's just a personal hope, the chances of that happening are very unlikely.

I think Magvel actually has a decent chance of getting a sequel, that seems to be a fan favorite. I'd play it for sure. I also think 4/5 could get a sequel, mostly because I read somewhere (forget where) that there was originally supposed to be a third part of 4 where the kids and surviving parents meet up...don't know if that's true, though.

I think Magvel actually has a decent chance of getting a sequel, that seems to be a fan favorite.

Please keep in mind that in regards to "fan favorites" which have a chance of getting a sequel... they pretty much only take into account Japan's demographics AND THEN localize it.

I really doubt and to be honest I do not want to see a prequel or sequel of any released FE parts. Two parts took place in Akaneia, Jugdral, Elibe, Tellius, so it is enough. And Magvel does not need another part.

I still think a "next generation" Tellius sequel could work with the kids of the FE10 cast. And Nico and Amy as Lords.

And what could be the story?

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

As much as I adore Elibe (it's my favorite continent, sorry Jugdral...) I cannot see an Elibe sequel. Maybe something about the 8 Generals teaming up with the 12 Crusaders, 3 Heroes, those Magvellians that sealed away Fortmortiis and Anri but that's a slim chance that probably won't happen.

Likelyhood brings Jugdral. Magvel as well.

Tellius I'm fine so long as Micaiah is the only lord.

I'd rather agree with Nobody.

It is better to create a new world. The can be sequels in the same world, but I don't think it'll be as good if there's a new world to be known.

I've been wondering about sequel hooks in Fire Emblem games, having recently finished Seisen no Keifu, I have seen a more than obvious sequel hook there, after you defeat Julius, Loptosu is simply put out of his body, wich could lead to another game set in Jugdral. In Awakening, depending on the canonical decision in the ending, you can have, or not, a sequel hook, depends if you decide to kill or seal the final boss.

For Elibe, Magvel and Tellius, I think it's storylines are all finished... I haven't played the Akaneia games yet, so idk.

What do you guys think?

I think Jugdral has the potential in that we never got the Part III and there are a ton of plot threads dangling from Gen2 as it is.

I'd prefer something entirely new, though.

I think any of the continents could get a sequel if they were interested in using the same nations/world set up but with a different plot. The continent and countries themselves aren't integral to the plots of Fire Emblem. By that I mean if they wanted to have the whole Ilia, Sacae culture set up they could easily implement Elibe again a couple hundred years after the games thus having a sequel that isn't directly tied to the game's stories. In terms of plot I think pretty much all the games are wrapped up completely. Even Jugdral.

Ylisse and especially Valm really need a sequel/prequel to explain a lot of things about the plot in awakening that are never fleshed out

Actually on that note I think Gaiden is the only plot sequel I could see happening. Doma was sealed in Gaiden yet his remains are said to be in the volcano in Awakening, somewhere far from where he was sealed. Implying he escaped again and was killed.

Edited by Jotari

I still think a "next generation" Tellius sequel could work with the kids of the FE10 cast. And Nico and Amy as Lords.

So Nico and Amy suddenly gain nobility? If this were the next game, I think it'd work better if they were just other characters.

None of them need a sequel(nor should they get them) but they all need prequels. They wrap up their own stories fine, but they still leave have all these tales that we know next to nothing about.

What I plan to do with Amy is make her the Jagen and a Fire Sage. She would be like the Titania of the Ike Mercenaries, the successors to the Greil Mercenaries and group led by Ike's son.

Nico, I dunno yet. Haven't thought that far ahead. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I guess they could manage to write a few prequels. Maybe one about how the Greil Mercenaries came together. We still don't know where Shinon got his respect for the man from, for one thing. I would also like to see a story that follows Alvis and the Grandbell Empire.

But stuff like this could hardly be extended enough, nor would it be interesting enough to cover an entire game. And the last thing I want to see is a FE7 kind of prequel which has very little to do with FE6 except for the occasional cameo.

Maybe these kind of stories would work as a mini campaign. The DLC system could be used for that sort of thing if IS doesn't continue to waste it's potential on stuff like the Boys vs Girls deathmatches in CoY.

Edited by BrightBow