NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Golden Tate is one of the sole reasons detroit won its last two games because matt stafford has been really below average this season and their defense can't do anything.

I would have antonio brown above him though, he is like a tier 2 receiver. He is definitely not better than Calvin, AJ, Julio, Josh Gorden, and Dez Bryant.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my point about injuries still stands. I'd take someone like Brown who is both really good AND can stay healthy over Calvin Johnson or AJ Green, who are sitting out several games. Not JUST Brown either, any other great WR that's been injury free.

Also, I follow the Panthers too, btw. And I see a bunch of teams play because of them and the Steelers going against them and because of all the play highlights I watch. So while I admit I have more knowledge on the Steelers and Panthers than any other team, I'm not entirely blind to who is good and who isn't. >_>

you do realize that they aren't "injury prone" they got injured. injury prone is someone like me who has never been able to finish a season due to injuries, literally fucking every year and its pissing me off, but everybody gets injured at least once. even peyton and brady have missed time due to injuries.

Yeah, but not everyone gets hurt multiple times. From what I remember, I think Calvin Johnson has been hurt multiple times. I don't know about AJ Green, though, so maybe I'm wrong about him.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? Maybe I should just shut the fuck up because apparently I can't be right or have an opinion about ANYTHING around here without being fucking criticized.

Edited by Anacybele

If you're gonna spout an opinion you better be ready to back it up. At any rate Megatron has missed all of like 2 games before this season and same with AJ Green (maybe a bit more from rookie season but rookies tend to miss a bunch). That's not injury prone. Injury prone is Gronk , Bradford, or Ben/Polamalu before last season. Would you say peyton or brady are injury prone because they missed an entire season?

When I get back I'm gonna argue in favor of Golden Tate because my position has been challenged (as should be expected from an opinion that goes against the grain). If you can't argue without being belligerent you should probably avoid discussion forum

Random stat btw: it's kinda easy to drop Stafford balls because he throws bullets and I think Tate hasn't had many if any drops this year. I don't think he's ever dropped a ball from Wilson and his propensity for one handed catches is as ridiculous as the basic catches he makes. He doesn't drop anything. On top of that I think he has the most YAC of any receiver since 2011. I definitely think Detroit was smart to get Tate and Seattle looks dumb in retrospect for letting Tate walk and keeping Harvin but c'est la vie. Another receiver I was hoping the Ravens would go after.... -____-

Edited by Lord Raven

I agree that Polamalu has been rather injury prone lately (aside from having been healthy all last season). Ben, yeah, before last season as well, he was getting hurt too much too, though that's probably partly due to how many sacks he took and how bad of an o-line he's had at times.

And I do try to back up my opinions and such. But I guess it's just not good enough.

Your perspective is pretty limited due to only paying attention to the Steelers (and opponents while playing the Steelers) and sometimes the Panthers. It makes claims like "X Steeler player is best at Y position in the league" seem based off of limited information and rather biased.

I think one could make the case for Brown being the best wide receiver so far this year, probably not Bell for best RB given how ridiculous DeMarco Murray has been, but he is good.

Well, what else do you expect me to do? I can't watch every single game every week. Many are on at the same time and not even on TV here. I'm lucky enough that so many Steeler games were broadcast in my area.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, what else do you expect me to do? I can't watch every single game every week. Many are on at the same time and not even on TV here. I'm lucky enough that so many Steeler games were broadcast in my area.

You can do what I do and live stream redzone, while making recordings of the games you give a shit about.

I have a streaming site that helps me find the game i want w/ multiple different streams. I also tend to read a bunch of stuff outside of ESPN/SBNation/NFL.com and I read a lot of pretty long articles about concepts and history. I look up box scores and play-by-play for teams too when I'm trying to scout another team for whatever reason (including the team we're up against next). That's where I get my info.

More on Golden Tate: Among WRs, he's #2 in YAC and the Lions just had their bye. He's behind Demaryius Thomas. Going into the season he's had 5 drops from 2011 to 2013.

Edited by Lord Raven

Other interesting news that I just found out... Ravens had three healthy CBs yesterday, all of whom got torched yesterday (and all throughout the season - fucking Chykie Brown allowing a huge TD reception to Green Week 1 and Granks allowing Sanu to get 47 yards in the end of the game Week 8). We cut two of those guys, signed Danny Gorrer (who did well enough as a Raven in 2011) and Tramaine Jacobs (practice squad UDFA guy). Damn I guess they really thought Chykie Brown and Dominique Franks were that bad. Can't wait till Jimmy comes back, if at least Gorrer turns out to be decent at corner then our secondary will improve greatly.

Edited by Lord Raven

No, and I don't think I want to. xP

So, I think now that NFL.com articles ARE dumb sometimes. In this one article where they talked about Ben's record-breaking twelfth TD pass throughout the span of two games, they wrote that Heath Miller caught it when it was actually Matt Spaeth. They DO kinda look like on the field seeing as they're both tall, bulky, and white TEs and even have very similar numbers (Miller is 83, Spaeth is 89), but they didn't make this mistake when putting the hightlight video of the play up. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, the Browns are blowing out the Bengals! But I'm not complaining, I need the Browns to win because if the Bengals lose, the Steelers get first place in the AFC North. ^^

So let's go, Browns! The Steelers need your help! :D

lol wow andy dalton dialing up his inner geno smith

the rest of the bengals team is soooooo bad right now. I still can't figure out why they fuck up on primetime constantly.

if you don't want to do your research, then the best favor you can do for everyone else is to shut up.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

Edited by Lord Raven

Um, I have every right to post in my own thread. Maybe I'll stay out of debates and discussions on who's the best at whatever, but that's as far as I'll go.

yes, i have every right to post in this thread too, but since i know very little about the NFL, i'm not going to wax eloquent over the bears every time they win a game.