NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Kurt Warner isn't always correct. Ron Jaworski has contributed plenty to NFL literature (meaning he's actually a significantly better analyst) and he keeps shoving down our throats that Flacco is a top 5 QB which I know for a fact is not the truth. If he's judging by performance over the past two weeks then Ben is definitely #1 or #2, but as a whole body of work throughout the season Ben is not even Top 5. As I said, media kneejerks. If he torches a Jets secondary again, then it's pretty obvious that he's been torching secondaries that have lost their best starters to injuries, considering the Jets lost their top 2 corners to injuries, the Ravens/Colts lost their best corner - who as I said shut down an entire half of the field by themselves because of how phenomenal Davis and Smith are - as well.

These were also among the dudes who were saying the Cardinals would be third in their division. They are 2 games ahead of the Seahawks at the top of their division right now.

Hell, I've even seen Ravens and Browns fans praise Ben.

Praise != thinking he's a Top 5 QB

And if everyone is so biased towards the Cowboys and Steelers, how come they're only JUST now hyping Ben when they've previously been hyping Brady, Manning, and Rodgers a lot more?

Because they talk about those guys even more, and they exaggerate things on both sides. Steelers are 3-3? They're going to suck ass. Ben has a historic performance? Top 3-4, elite, very underrated. Same exact shit with the Cowboys and Tony Romo

They hype those three anyway because they are the greatest QBs in our time (and Brady/Manning are literally among the Top 5 QBs in the history of football) and because they have missed the playoffs, collectively, 3 times when they started for their teams. And all 3 of those times were within 4 years of when each of them respectively started playing. Brees also played at a very, very, very high level, rivaling those three guys between 2006 and 2013 and did not receive nearly as many accolades from the media as Ben is right now. And when Rivers was playing at a high level (before Norv Turner came in and basically fucked the team up) he didn't receive anywhere near the praise that Ben is getting right now.

And I wouldn't be saying "tl;dr" so much if you didn't make half your posts as long as a god damn essay. Do you know how irritating THAT is? To have to read through so much text on unrelated crap (as you said, this isn't about Flacco).

"It's irritating to read an entire argument that disagrees with my point." It's not unrelated, it's illustrating a point that if I take Flacco's two best games in his career they would make him look about as amazing if not more than how Ben looks right now, because he torched the shit out of significantly - and I mean SIGNIFICANTLY - better secondaries than Ben has and he put the game away with 44 minutes left in the entire game.

Anyway: tampa bay buccaneers season

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you do make some good points now that I'd overlooked before.

But if injuries are an excuse, then I can say the Steelers' D sucks because they've been losing a bunch of players there to injuries. But that isn't stopping all of us from saying that it's still mediocre.

Edited by Anacybele

But you're explaining why Ben won, which is also explaining why the Colts and Ravens lost. So I'm still kind of confused here... >_<

The Steelers' D WAS slowly improving though, I'd say. They held Flacco and his guys to just one TD and a FG for a majority of the game. Still, without Polamalu and Shazier now, it's going to be worse again...

Edited by Anacybele

No I'm explaining why Big Ben had two monster games. Also the reason why the Colts put up 34 points on the Steelers D is because they aren't great.

Broncos putting up 20 on a healthy Seahawks defense earlier in the season is more impressive. Same with how the Chargers dismantled the same Seahawks defense.

Edited by Lord Raven

I used injuries as an excuse because Chargers are plagued with them :'D. The only thing that can help our O-line is cloning King Dunlap and make D.J Fluker a Guard or something lol. Without Hardwick our O-line crumbles so easily.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Broncos putting up 20 on a healthy Seahawks defense earlier in the season is more impressive. Same with how the Chargers dismantled the same Seahawks defense.

The Seahawks almost lost to the winless Raiders recently though. But are we calling the Raiders a good team? xP

That Seahawks team was quite injured. They've lost Kam Chancellor and some pass rushers between the Broncos/Chargers game and the Raiders game. EDIT: and a whole mess of corners, I think they've lost Byron Maxwell and are down to a 4th string corner. Super bowl winners curse is really claiming the seahawks

Raiders are not a good team but they're competitive in their games.

Edited by Lord Raven

I almost died laughing at that clip. Anyways since we have enivitably wound up in an argument between Ana and Raven over something that nobody else really cares about I feel obligated to give my two cents. Season wise you can't put Rothlesburger in the top five. He started too poorly and only really started looking like a top tier QB in his last two games. On the flip side Philip rivers was playing at an. MVP level up till two weeks ago, and that massacre on Miami dashed any hopes for him getting the MVP or even offensive player of the year, but season wise the body of work is better. If we go on the last two weeks than Rothlesburger is best in the league, if we go on anything like a month or 6 weeks then Rodgers, Brady, and manning have all played better over that stretch. But it becomes more of a toss up for that fifth slot between Ben and Philip, because let's face it luck has been amazing.

That Seahawks team was quite injured. They've lost Kam Chancellor and some pass rushers between the Broncos/Chargers game and the Raiders game.

Raiders are not a good team but they're competitive in their games.

Oh, okay then. A lot of injuries will definitely hinder a team.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant, Randa. Earlier, Ben didn't look like a top tier QB (except maybe against the Panthers), but now he is. It's just a matter if he can stay that way. And last season, there were definitely a lot of issues going on that were related to him, though it was mostly him and Haley not being on the same freaking page and having trouble figuring out how to work together.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I find that odd. I admit that I was one of the people blaming him for our offensive woes (and honestly, since he and Ben had trouble agreeing on stuff and whatnot, it WAS partly his fault at least). But nowadays, the people that were all "FIRE TOMLIN" and "FIRE HALEY" are all quiet.

I was wrong to say Haley was a bad OC though. It's like I said, he and Ben just had trouble working things out for awhile. And they didn't use Martavis Bryant until three games ago. Why didn't they use this guy sooner? xP

Also, Terrell Suggs got himself a nice fine for his hit on LeGarrette Blount. Suggs might not have intended to hurt him, but "Blount was carrying the pile" my ass. That pile was moving Blount after a couple seconds. He was going BACKWARDS. He was bottled up and stopped right there, so Suggs didn't need to go hitting him at all. Thank you, NFL officials!

Edited by Anacybele

You say that but the same exact thing was happening to Lynch (like 4-5 players were on him) and he managed to break off for a touchdown. It's the NFL.

Also Haley was never a good coordinator, he's been calling some good games but he was bad in KC and he wasn't good in Arizona either (you can thank Kurt Warner for him being employed past 2008 or so). Cam Cameron wasn't a good coordinator either but he called some really good games at times.

EDIT: I didn't see the Lions-Falcons game but I heard about it to hell and back. Apparently this was a thing:

B8nGVsV.jpg

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, I'm not saying he's really good either, he still has work to do to prove that. A few nice games doesn't mean anything. So far, it only shows the talent that the Steeler offense has. If he can pull out nice games like these with a different crop of guys, then I'll say he's good. Right now, he's just okay.

Oh yeah, and as for Lynch, he had help, he didn't do that all himself. I watched the play, some of his fellow Seahawks pushed him into the endzone. In Blount's case, your Ravens' frustratingly brutal front seven held off his allies. He wasn't going to get help.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, so you go for the tackle before that even happens. There was plenty of time for someone to wrap up Lynch with a hit from the back or something and nobody did it. You play until the whistle is blown and the whistle was not blown yet.

And there have been other runs where this has happened to RBs unaided. That one, even if Lynch got help, is still illustrating the point.

Edited by Lord Raven

The whistle was blown JUST as Suggs went after Blount though. And even if it hadn't, I'm sure there was some other way Suggs could've gotten him down without nearly taking the guy's knees out.

I'll do some picks I guess

Cleveland @ Cincinnati - Dalton's interceptions will exceed his QB rating, and the Browns will win by 3 touchdowns.

Tennessee @ Baltimore - The Ravens are an especially great home team. Their secretary issues are concerning, but not enough to lose today.

Kansas City @ Buffalo - Watkins looks like he's gonna try to play, but I'm guessing he'll be pretty limited, so I'm going Chiefs here.

Miami @ Detroit - Megatron is back, and the Dolphins OL, while better than last year, should have its work cut out for it.

San Francisco @ New Orleans - The Niners OL has really fallen apart this year, and Kaep has looked shaky.

Pittsburgh @ New York Jets - Wow the Jets secondary is terrible. Even if Ben gets sacked 3 or 4 times, there should be plenty of big plays.

Dallas @ Jacksonville - Romo is banged up, but the Cowboys should be able to grind this one out.

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay - Julio Jones should have a big game, and Josh McCown is back to being Josh McCown this season.

Denver @ Oakland - Not to be a contrarian, but the Broncos are great and the Raiders are bad.

St. Louis @ Arizona - I'm fond of this Cards team, and they're great at home. Fisher & Schottenheimer versus Arians & Bowles. I mean...

New York Giants @ Seattle - The Seahawks aren't dominant, but their run D has been great, and maybe they'll finally get some turnovers.

Chicago @ Green Bay - The Bears' injuries in the secondary ruin them against good QBs, sadly. Forte might have a great game, though.

Carolina @ Philadelphia - The Eagles have enough speed up front on defense to make Cam's life difficult.

Yeah, well, this Steeler defense with how injury riddled it is could certainly fuck things up and make this a close game. Ugh... No Polamalu, Ryan Shazier, Jarvis Jones, Ike Taylor, pretty much half our fricken defense starters are all hurt. I hope the offense can carry the team enough to keep us in the playoffs.

NFL.com was right when they said we need CBs, safeties, and LBs though. Our D wasn't too spectacular to begin with.

Edited by Anacybele

Tennessee @ Baltimore - The Ravens are an especially great home team. Their secretary issues are concerning, but not enough to lose today.

You kidding? Baltimore secretaries are fucking hot

God damn it... This team doesn't make any sense to me anymore. I don't know what to say about anybody on it. Except that the defense is ass as I said because of all the injuries. But it looks like those last three games really were flukes.

The Steelers say that they were going to do the same thing they were already doing, but it doesn't look like the case to me. They run the ball against a good front seven instead of throwing it against a terrible as hell secondary? Throwing it worked so well before! Ben said himself, why change a good thing? Well, you changed it for some reason and look where you are!

And Antonio Brown of all people fumbles on the first play of a drive?

Yeah, this team makes no god damn sense anymore. I just...I don't know what to believe of them now.

EDIT: And now Ben throws an interception. Nothing is making sense now...

Edited by Anacybele

Ana why would the last three games be a fluke and not one half?

Steelers have a talented offense with a lot if firepower. The Bears this season have showed that doesn't always translate into success.

Edited by Da Bear

Yeah, but Todd Haley is showing exactly why us fans wanted his ass fired before. He's making this offense run the ball when the biggest threat is our receivers and they're going against a terrible secondary. Yet just about every play has been Le'Veon Bell running a few yards. And after Ben said they weren't going to change what they were doing the past couple weeks, which was a lot of throws and TD passes.

Antonio Brown turning the ball over TWO times now is just pathetic and inexcusable though. Still, I thought a muffed catch couldn't be returned anywhere. They said this back in the Carolina game when Philly Brown dropped the punt and then picked it up. The announcer said that as soon as he picked it up he became a ball carrier, so when he lost it again, it was a live ball and Robert Golden could recover it in the endzone for a TD like he did. But then they said that the first drop wasn't returnable. So why didn't this apply to Antonio Brown? And what's with players named Brown muffing punt returns?

I just think this team can destroy good teams, but sucks ass against the bad ones. Like I said, this makes no sense.

Edited by Anacybele

In random Cardinals news. We just signed Palmer for three more years.

I like him as QB nothing like legendary but he's reliable, if he stays healthy I repeat, we hopefully won't have another year like 2012 ._.

Don't worry Ana, 60% of your entire team's starters weren't gone when you went against terrible teams like the Chiefs.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

If you muff a punt or a kick then you can return it or the other team can recover it. I think you may have been misinterpreting what they announcers were saying.

God damn what the fuck is up with our OL lol