NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I know, I'm just saying that it could happen since the Cardinals missed the playoffs last year despite a really good record. And I saw a bunch of people say that it sucked that the Cardinals missed out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it also had something to do with Rodgers coming back in time for the playoffs. iirc they only lost one or two games with him during the regular season.

Thank you RG3-13 and the Racial Slurs for saving my Lions from another potential embarrassing collapse. Choking a playoff spot via a loss to literal Jimmy Clausen would have possibly replaced the Appalachian State game as my most painful football memory ever. But now I don't have to worry about it! =D

A week from tomorrow is going to be the most hyped I've ever been for a Lions game, even moreso than the WC game against the Saints a few years back. I'm really hoping the game gets flexed to sunday night because I work until 3:00 PM. If it doesn't I'm gonna have to call in sick. =P

So the Packers got in simply because of Rodgers hype? That's just uncool. :/

No the packers got in because Rodgers led them on a game winning drive against the bears in week 17 to win the division. People just didn't complain because of Rodgers hype.

I guess Lions/Packers could be flexed, but both teams getting in anyway might make it a bit eh. Bengals/Steelers, Browns/Ravens, Chargers/Chiefs, or Panthers/Falcons could be more or less interesting depending on what happens.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Oh, I see...

Well, more playoff spots would mean more teams get in and more games get played. So fans should be happy.

I'm both excited and kinda nervous about Steelers vs Chiefs tomorrow. Excited cause I want to see Ben have a big game like some people on NFL.com are predicting and I obviously want the Steelers to clinch a playoff spot. But nervous because there's the obvious possibility that that might not happen. xP

The Steelers have the best offense in the league with the #2 pass game and #10 run game. They're ranked #1 in overall offense as a result. But the Chiefs have the #2 pass defense and Jamaal Charles. Still, their offense apparently is not that great at all besides. And then the Steelers have that scrubby secondary. This game could really go either way. The Steelers, imo, should have Le'Veon Bell run it, then finish off with Ben throwing TD passes since the Chiefs allow few rush TDs. I think the experts are right in that it will come down to who out of Bell and Charles can produce more. I'd say our defensive line at least is pretty good against the run game (they haven't allowed more than 90 or so rush yards in the last couple games or so, plus they managed to shut down Arian Foster AND they're getting Jarvis Jones back), but yeah...

Please do it, Bell! Only your ringing can get the team a playoff spot and keep them in the race for the division!

Edited by Anacybele

I"M DED I'M DED

AM I DREAMING HOLY SHIT.

THAT 21 POINT COMEBACK STARTING FROM THE 3RD QUARTER THEN A GAME WINNING FG/ WEDDLE'S GAME-WINNING FORCED FUMBLE. I NEED SOME TIME TO TAKE AND PRAISE THE LORD AND SAVIOR ERIC WEDDLE.

WEDDLE CLAUS

BEARDED HOBBIT GNOME

THE BEARDED BANDIT.

WOOO!

B41m5HDCcAAyCpM.0.0.jpg

FREAKING WEDDLE CLAUS.

HE'S DEFINITELY MY SANTA CLAUS, GAVE US THE PRESENT OF FORCE FUMBLING FOR A GAME WINNING DRIVE.

*dies of heart attack*

FEAR THE BEARD!!!

8oLDdQd.jpg

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Also a factor that people don't account for is random teams coming out of nowhere and dominating. There have been 10-6 teams to miss the playoffs before - the 2012 Bears were one such team because AD went beast mode all of a sudden. The only 11-5 team to miss were the 2008 Patriots, who lost Tom Brady and suddenly we had a 13-3 Titans team that relegated the usually 12+ win Colts to a wild card and a Ravens team lead by some rookie QB/HC. Also Pennington had a brief revival in Miami under a new head coach I believe (or was that the year with Sparano and the wildcat?)

Also yeah Browns/49ers are out and a Cowboys win kicks the Eagles I believe.

Edited by Lord Raven

Hey! We say fear the beard for Brett Kiesel! Don't steal! lol

We also call his pick against the Texans the beardception. :awesome: FEAR DA BEARD.

Anyway, GAMEDAY. Let's go Steelers! CLINCH THE PLAYOFFS! Then wipe out the Bengals again and win the division. ^^ You can prove all those Tomlin haters wrong too! I think he's a great coach, maybe not the absolute best, he just needs to grow up a little bit more as one. I mean, we have the best offense the Steelers have ever had now!

But I'm starting to think that Tomlin is more of an offensive coach than defensive, and that's where our defensive woes are partly coming from. It's like how Rex Ryan is more defensive than offensive.

Damn, the Niners totally blew it. When I saw the scores last night, they were blowing out the Chargers. o.O

Edited by Anacybele

Tomlin is a defensive coach. Defensive coaches can have issues on defense.

For instance: Brian Billick was an offensive coach but we still had shit offenses and great defenses in the 2000s. Jim Harbaugh played quarterback for a fuckload of teams and is an offensive coach but he still had better defenses.

Also how legitimate is the whole "Jim Harbaugh signed a contract with Michigan"?

Edited by Lord Raven

Well Tomlin hasn't had a good defense on this team since he picked up Cowher's guys... But you're probably right.

As for Harbaugh, all I've seen is that Jim is torn between staying in the NFL and going Michigan.

EDIT: AAAH. So CLOSE to an opening drive TD on this Chiefs D. But points are better than no points. And their so-called #2 pass defense got torched by a rookie already. A rookie named Martavis Bryant! :D

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I see. Interesting.

Come on, DEFENSE. KC has a bad offense, even you guys should be able to make good plays on them!

EDIT: Or not. Why not allow multiple first downs in a row and blow a 3rd and 16? And get a penalty? This defense wasn't even playing this bad before.

EDIT2: Well, two sacks already by the defensive line to make up for it is okay, I guess.

EDIT3: Geez... I guess their defense is just too good. Even for the number 1 offense in the league. Sigh...

EDIT4: NOW the defense shows up. Even after a fake field goal, they still managed to hold the Chiefs off for three more downs. Good playing by Antoin Blake there batting a pass away. We need to see more of this! But the Chiefs still got a field goal, so we need some better offensive playing too. I'm surprised Bell isn't ripping them apart...

Edited by Anacybele

fwiw the Chiefs have an above average offense. it's not great, but their schedule has been pretty tough. they've played against 8 of the top 10 defenses this season (including the Broncos, who they had to play twice).

the Steelers' offense will be fine if they can keep Ben off the ground. the Chiefs' defense has holes.

Yeah, you could be right. Bell just got the first TD of the day! And before that, Heath Miller of all guys torched the Chiefs' D. But then again, you focus on Bell, Brown, and Bryant, you're gonna forget that Heath can still do stuff too! The guy is big and can power his way through people, like he did to get us to the 1 yard line.

A Chiefs penalty just saved our asses too though, right before Bell got the TD.

EDIT: Oh COME ON! That was no first down! The guy's fricken knee was down before he extended! Tomlin saw it, the fans saw it, the commentators saw it!

YES. Thank you! Now stop them one more time if they go for it again... Listen to the crowd! DEFENSE!

THEY STOPPED CHARLES!! FUCK YES!

Bell: 1, Charles: ZIPPO! In the battle of the good RBs.

EDIT: And the Panthers are winning. And the Ravens are actually losing. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

16-0 Texans...

I didn't want the Ravens losing, but if that's what it takes for us to get into the playoffs then I'll accept it...

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

And our defense comes through again! YES! I don't know how we're going to fair without James Harrison next season though. I hope the guys can make do.

The pass defense did their job for once too! They covered everybody really well. We need more of this and this team can go all the way and take ring 7! Let's let number 7 Big Ben get ring 7!

Also lol Ravens. I didn't expect them to be this bad against the Texans, I really didn't. I kind of want them to make the playoffs too for another playoff Steelers vs Ravens showdown. :P

EDIT: And the refs screw us by making Tomlin lose that challenge. It's like the commentators said, the guy let the ball come lose as he came down. It wasn't any complete catch...

BUT PITTSBURGH BALL!! FUMBLE RECOVERY! And who fumbled? Jamaal Charles. :awesome: I think. xP The quality on this live stream is kind of bad.

EDIT2: TOUCHDOWN AB!! Steeler Nation loves you Antonio Brown! :D 17-6 STEELERS! Keep cooking up a win! KEEP GOING!

EDIT3: A stupidass penalty on Gay (all he did was fold his arms and stare. How is that taunting? AB's done it and he hasn't gotten called for it) and then a legit foot-shooting one on someone else, I forget who on the Steelers, but they still managed to hold the Chiefs to a FG. Ben is hopefully fine after that hit to his knee, we need more offensive fire power!

EDIT4: WOOOO!! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!! YAY STEELERS! :awesome: And Baltimore is getting blown out, Panthers still ahead. AW YEAH. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Man I fucking hate our receivers. If Flacco had 5 seconds to throw and he's scrambling around and hasn't gotten rid of it it's clear that our receivers aren't getting open.

Ozzie, whatever the fuck you do, stop drafting defense in the first round. We need a receiver or we could just make a big splash in free agency. I'm sick of watching Torrey Smith trip and fall which happens like a million times a game (one leading to a pick). I'm sick of Steve Smith dropping balls that go right to him. I'm sick of Jones, Brown, and Aiken just not getting open. And our RBs can't make plays like Ray Rice used to either.

Yeah, even I totally did not expect the Texans to beat the Ravens. :o I knew JJ Watt would give Flacco and crew a hard time, but I never thought that their rookie QB would play well enough to get more points over them.

But I can't complain, this has been an amazing day for Steeler fans and Panthers fans! I just need a Broncos win over the Bengals tomorrow and my week will be perfecto. :D You should be cheering for the Broncos too, Lord Raven! GO BRONCOS! GO PEY-PEY! (if he plays, cause he got hurt)

Colts can't catch a ball today.

Either they don't care

They are having a huge off day

Or the Cowboys paid them to lose.

Edited by Jedi

Issue is that Reggie Wayne is getting old and will retire after this season, Coby Fleener is unreliable, Dwayne Allen is injured or coming off injury, and Montcrief is a rookie. TY Hilton is great though, he's going to be the next Marvin Harrison.