What if Nintendo releases a HD remake of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn for Wii U?

IceBrand

I agree with Jave that FE4 and FE5 would have to be remade before this, as well as waiting a couple years so SMTxFE and/or another main series Fire Emblem game can come out first. And, you know, Wii U sales.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Objectively I wouldn't, but I love FE so I'd probably okay, definitely get it.

Also, it would probably sell terribly or just "okay".

SOC, you do know that many believe PoR to be what FE 64 was going to be, right?

Sorry, both are wrong.

Well, it'd certainly get me to go out and buy a Wii U. But I think that overall it would be a very poor idea, since the only reason that the entire FE series hasn't been canceled is because Awakening sold so well.

Same reason they won't release a Pokémon RSE remake: sales.

RSE didn't sell poorly but they were vastly outsold by RBY and GSC so...

However! With Awakening the series sort of broke into the mainstream, so an HD version of PoR and RD could do well.

Edited by Bird Jesus

Not a good idea with the Wii U poor sales.

terrible logic

I already discussed this idea thoroughly a few months back on a podcast as well as twitter

but I'm all for it as long as they made sure to fix a few things too and not just port the games over with slightly updated graphics like with many HD remakes (e.g. ToS Chronicles was not graphically impressive in the least)

they could have another company help while they focused the bulk of their efforts on something else

it'd help bridge the gap between games etc. as well and make Ike more relevant for a reappearance in Smash (though it's a bit late for that, I think)

people who didn't get to play those would get to play them as well (PoR is kinda old and for GC and RD is hard to find... rather, they're both hard to find)

lots of positives and I don't see many actual negatives

Uh, source? Proof?

Hello Ana. You're talking to *the* mainsite Admin of Serenes Forest.

He will wreck you on source material.

Where is yours?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Isn't there an article on this very site talking about Fire Emblem 64?

Here.

I'm gonna hop on board and say that there's no way the sales would justify this, but I would love to see Tellius remade* in HD.

*read as fixed so that it lives up to the great potential in the games

Hello Ana. You're talking to *the* mainsite Admin of Serenes Forest.

He will wreck you on source material.

Where is yours?

Like I thought that mattered? Anyway, I read the speculation I mentioned in more than one article awhile back. I don't remember where they were though.

Like I thought that mattered? Anyway, I read the speculation I mentioned in more than one article awhile back. I don't remember where they were though.

It is only fair to give proof for your own claim before asking for proof for someone else's. The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, as a rule of thumb.

Do people only need to prove things when they contradict things you have said?

No matter. It looks like proof against your claim has been presented. Your lack of proof became irrelevant.

Edited by Makaze

SOC, you do know that many believe PoR to be what FE 64 was going to be, right?

It was actually 6 after 5's creation. But...how it came to be handheld...that's a mystery in itself.

Edited by Barbie

It is only fair to give proof for your own claim before asking for proof for someone else's. The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, as a rule of thumb.

You clearly don't know the rules of presenting a claim.

Edited by shadowofchaos

no one's dragging it out

they're just telling you that you should provide your own proof first before challenging the head honcho.

anyway, I can't say I'd want a remake of FE9 or FE10 as good as FE9... better to just go with a new game.

Edited by Chen

Truth be told, I didn't actually notice that it was the head admin at first.

It's ok.

-----

:On Topic:

I wouldn't want a remake of FE9, or 10 as Nintendo aren't idiots to make an FE game on a console that isn't selling well.

Edited by Barbie

Same reason they won't release a Pokémon RSE remake: sales.

RSE didn't sell poorly but they were vastly outsold by RBY and GSC so...

However! With Awakening the series sort of broke into the mainstream, so an HD version of PoR and RD could do well.

While I agree that Sales are the reason Tellius remakes won't happen, using RSE is a pretty poor example. For the GBA, R/S are the top selling games followed by FR/LG which are followed by Emerald.

If Nintendo were to remake these, I'd want:

Giving more chapters to the DB.

How? The availibily of the characters should be adjusted in general.

Extended script.

Yes.

Actual support convos.

Yes.

1-2 range nerfed to DS/Awakening levels.

No. I absolute like the idea and it should be used in future parts.

Caps adjusted in Radiant Dawn.

Imo they are alright. However the caps in FE9 and 10 should be similar.

Mages to not be completely awful in Radiant Dawn.

They should be faster and thunder should be strongest magic like in other parts.

Maniac Mode for FE9.

Yes.

RD's Maniac Mode to not have the range and Weapon triangle bull.

Weapon triangle should be added in FE10 hard mode. No enemy range should be a customized option an least.

The LEA to not be forgotten til the game is over.

What is LEA?

Mastery nerf.

Mastery skills like in FE9 would be fairer, or the enemies have them too.

3x effectiveness in POR.

Yes.

Bows made useful in POR.

How are they unuseful? However the double bow should be improved in might. In FE10 warriors should use bows as well.

That may not be that important, the worst selling Fire Emblem games are on both of Nintendo's highest selling console(Wii) and handheld(DS) and the best is on currently what may be Nintendo's lowest selling handheld.

The size of the user base is not necessarily proportional to the sales the Fire Emblem series games,(unless way more people pirated Shadow Dragon than bought it) it doesn't appear the game's number of players are limited by the install base, I think it's more around the interest in the title itself.

That may be true, but it does not change the fact that the Tellius series failed in sales. So it is very hard to find to potential buyers. Most of them would be people, who could not get them for a low price.

However FE13 intodruced many newcomers into the FE series, because of the fantastic graphics and that the 3D-effect was used very well.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach