X/Y Smogon Metagame Thoughts

ZemZem

Gotta break my no-posting thing for one thing

I need help on a Tyranitar build, I'd like it to be sort of a mixed offensive/defensive kind of thing, what nature, EV spread, and moves should I do for that? I have access to the egg moves stealth rock, pursuit, dragon dance, and outrage

since i'm weird, i tried doing an offensive dancer with stealth rock, dd, stone edge, and crunch/earthquake. it was okay.

oh and anybody not using kadabra in pu is high. i have to wonder how it isn't banned yet.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-167954245

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta break my no-posting thing for one thing

I need help on a Tyranitar build, I'd like it to be sort of a mixed offensive/defensive kind of thing, what nature, EV spread, and moves should I do for that? I have access to the egg moves stealth rock, pursuit, dragon dance, and outrage

Pokemon Nickname Nature Ability Move 1 Move 2 Move 3 Move 4 Held Item HP ATK DEF SpA SpD SPE

Tyranitar Tita Jolly Sand Stream Earthquake Dragon Dance Stone Edge Crunch Tyranitite 337 363 254 200 233 239

Not sure if you can get other abilities, because Sand Stream doesn't really seem to be that useful, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong or something.

Either way, I have fun with this guy, probably not the best but it works for me.

Edited by NICKT™

I only play free matches in the battle spot, so I'm not too experienced with the whole thing, but I'll keep the tip in mind.

along with being much better for switchins and stuff like that (1.5 spD is amazing), it also doesn't give away the fact that you're a mega.

I'm not good on tiers, but I imagine this specific Pokemon is pretty limited, but I play in free matches so my hands are tied.

But what the fuck is up with Darkrai?

That thing is absolutely bloody ridiculous to deal with. In doubles, put my first two to sleep, even managed to break through to my Blaziken even though it protected.

Shit's fucked up, mate.

I'm not good on tiers, but I imagine this specific Pokemon is pretty limited, but I play in free matches so my hands are tied.

But what the fuck is up with Darkrai?

That thing is absolutely bloody ridiculous to deal with. In doubles, put my first two to sleep, even managed to break through to my Blaziken even though it protected.

Shit's fucked up, mate.

fake out, priority, choice scarf users. conkeldurr with mach punch should specifically be able to deal with it, and thundurus with priority thunder wave can stop it before it does much.

positive speed nature sceptile only needs 176 evs to outspeed mega manectric (base 135). this also outspeeds neutral base 85 speed scarfs (basically heracross and nidoking).

neutral needs 236 to outspeed weavile (base 125).

and THIS: 252+ SpA Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 222-262 (57.6 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 202-238 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

80 Atk Sceptile Focus Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 334-394 (52 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO because i'm weird... with stealth rock and focus blast, there's a minimum of 86% damage... RIP chansey

Edited by Cornet

Here's hoping Sceptile gets access to Earth Power, Power Gem, and I hope to God, Quiver Dance. Then it's set.

earth power for heatran? don't worry, it already does a ton of damage to him with earthquake. don't forget about that base 110 attack.

So Mega Sceptile would want to run something like Naive, Hasty, Naughty, Rash, etc.?

it was just an idea, but yes. this is mainly because of sceptile's lacking special movepool. oh well, here's to hoping that he gets something cool this gen like you already said.

it was just an idea, but yes. this is mainly because of sceptile's lacking special movepool. oh well, here's to hoping that he gets something cool this gen like you already said.

If Sceptile gets Earth Power and Power Gem, then it'll be purely specially offensive with perfect coverage.

If it doesn't get those moves, it'd have to go mixed. Which isn't a bad thing, but there are better options.

Though it's been confirmed that move tutors are returning and certain Pokemon will get new moves. And since it seems Sceptile is mainly a special attacker, I'm sure it'll get more special moves.

Finally, I hope it gets Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance. So much potential in this thing.

Edited by Z.M.

If Sceptile gets Earth Power and Power Gem, then it'll be purely specially offensive with perfect coverage.

If it doesn't get those moves, it'd have to go mixed. Which isn't a bad thing, but there are better options.

Though it's been confirmed that move tutors are returning and certain Pokemon will get new moves. And since it seems Sceptile is mainly a special attacker, I'm sure it'll get more special moves.

Finally, I hope it gets Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance. So much potential in this thing.

woah woah woah

Source?

not that I don't trust you ZM, but I need to see this from the source

EARTH POWER AND POWER GEM MEGA SCEPTILE

KNOCK OFF FOR EVERYONE

ROCK CLIMB TAUROS FOR PU

KNOCK OFF ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Alright so let's contain our excitement and think up something for mega glalie

Glalie @ Glalite

Jolly | Refrigerate

252 Spd 252 Atk 6 HP

Body Slam/Double-Edge

Iron Head

Earthquake

Ice Shard

Explosion for Mega Glalie. It can learn it, and it gets turned into an Ice type move via Refrigerate.

Scary shit.

Maybe

Glalie @ Glalite

Jolly | Refrigerate

252 Spd 252 Atk 6 HP

Body Slam/Double-Edge/Explosion

Iron Head

Earthquake

Ice Shard/Explosion

Because I'd like to have a strong, hard-hitting ice move that won't kill me instantly

No matter what, Explosion is taking something out. It's worth it, I'd say.

Also would you like to have a battle later?

So then would you run Iron Head/EQ/Explosion/Ice Shard or Iron Head/EQ/Explosion/Double Edge (or body slam?)?

I can battle at around 10:00 only sadly

if you're still ready then, hit me up and we shall duke it out

I have a couple new friends you might like