Ability: Volt Absorb

Nature: Impish (Def+, SpA-)

EV Spread (I believe): 252 Def / 252 HP / 6 SpD

Item: Sitrus Berry

~Nuzzle

~Protect

~Follow Me

~Super Fang

Edit: Apparently Pachirisu's EV spread was 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD. Interesting.

Edited by ZM©

So, speculating with mega salamence, I decided to take a Latios type of approach.

Salamence @ Salamencite

Nature: Rash / Naive

EVs: ??? Atk 252 SpA ??? Speed

Ability: Intimidate --> Aerialate

Dragon Dance

Hyper Voice

Heat Wave / Flamethrower

Dragon Claw / Outrage

I can't think of anything that stops this... Hippowdon with Ice Fang? IDK

Edited by Comet

Okay, so can you beautiful people rate and help me with my team? This is the one I've been using in game.

Skarmory @ Leftovers

Impish | Sturdy

252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD

-Roost

-Brave Bird

-Stealth Rock

-Whirlwind

Sylveon @ Leftovers

Bold | Pixilate

252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD

-Protect

-Heal Bell

-Wish

-Hyper Voice

These two are standard, and they allow me to have a great physical wall, and a great special wall.

Greninja @ Assault Vest

Timid | Protean

252 SpA 252 Spd 4 HP

-Ice Beam

-Surf

-Dark Pulse

-HP Fire

AV is truly amazing on Greninja as it allows it to survive so many hits that it couldn't normally. Otherwise, standard.

Talonflame @ Choice Band

Adamant | Gale Wings

252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP

-Fly (I really need it, and this thing really only needs Brave Bird and Flare Blitz)

-U-Turn

-Flare Blitz

-Brave Bird

If I really need to change fly then I will, but it is super convenient to have fly on one of my competitive pokemon.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf

Jolly | Rough Skin

252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP

-Earthquake

-Outrage

-Stone Edge

-Brick Break

Kinda want to change brick break, but to what?

And finally...

Pinsir @ Pinsirite

Jolly | Moxie/Aerilate

-Swords Dance

-Close Combat

-Return

-Quick Attack

Standard Mega Pinsir. Still very threatening.

Alright, so rate this team and stuff.

Edited by Reshiram

Mega salamence basically screams BAN ME right from the start. Just run Return/DE/Thrash in addition of "Generic Salamence Moves".jpg. Breaks through fairies, burns Skarm, and Screws Hippo.

Its inevitable with Smogon's ridiculous bias for Stall playstyle

The massive difference between Salamence and Pinsir (as well as Aegis/Mawile/Lucario/Kangaskhan) is that Salamence doesn't get a single priority move.

This is pretty big because stuff like a boosted Pinsir can muscle past things that would be able to check it otherwise like Mega Scizor (and if Pinsir somehow gets speed boosts, probably due to Scolipede shenanigans, it can Quick Attack TF to its doom as well). Salamence isn't going to do any of that.

Salamence probably wishes it can run DD/Return/Outrage/Fire Blast/Hydro Pump/Earthquake together, but not. It's definitely enough to allow Salamence a second chance in OU, but ban-worthy? Doubt so.

Then again, this really depends on how high an Attack boost Salamence is even getting. But without Swords Dance, it's no stallbreaker. Just a good sweeper that beats offensive teams.

It's most certainly ban worthy. It's base speed is pretty damn high for a Dragon Dancer and it can go mixed with Hyper Voice. Flying, Ground, Dragon and Fire has perfect coverage. Most people are going to get greedy with Dragon Dance, but I think the all out attacking set is going to be it's best set.

Not to mention the confirmed Defense boost paired with Intimidate is going to make this thing stupidly bulky.

Mamoswine and Thundurus will have to be staples when Megamence is released.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Guys, Mega Mence is cool and all, but can you please

Okay, so can you beautiful people rate and help me with my team? This is the one I've been using in game.

Skarmory @ Leftovers

Impish | Sturdy

252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD

-Roost

-Brave Bird

-Stealth Rock

-Whirlwind

Sylveon @ Leftovers

Bold | Pixilate

252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD

-Protect

-Heal Bell

-Wish

-Hyper Voice

These two are standard, and they allow me to have a great physical wall, and a great special wall.

Greninja @ Assault Vest

Timid | Protean

252 SpA 252 Spd 4 HP

-Ice Beam

-Surf

-Dark Pulse

-HP Fire

AV is truly amazing on Greninja as it allows it to survive so many hits that it couldn't normally. Otherwise, standard.

Talonflame @ Choice Band

Adamant | Gale Wings

252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP

-Fly (I really need it, and this thing really only needs Brave Bird and Flare Blitz)

-U-Turn

-Flare Blitz

-Brave Bird

If I really need to change fly then I will, but it is super convenient to have fly on one of my competitive pokemon.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf

Jolly | Rough Skin

252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP

-Earthquake

-Outrage

-Stone Edge

-Brick Break

Kinda want to change brick break, but to what?

And finally...

Pinsir @ Pinsirite

Jolly | Moxie/Aerilate

-Swords Dance

-Close Combat

-Return

-Quick Attack

Standard Mega Pinsir. Still very threatening.

Alright, so rate this team and stuff.

Steel Wing to replace Fly on Talonflame to nail Rock types.

Poison Jab in place of Brick Break on Garchomp. IIRC, it learns it.

Otherwise, solid team.

Outside of Tyranitar, though, what Rock types see frequent use?? All I can think of is Terrakion, which Brave Bird hits harder.

Replace Brick Break with Fire Blast on Garchomp. It hits Ferrothorn and Skarmory hard, even with a negative nature and bad ivs.

Will-o-wisp does a better job at screwing over Rock types than Steel Wing.

I'm not too sure about Assault Vest Greninja. It's Special Attack isn't very high without a Life Orb. Also Dark Pulse isn't as good as Extrasensory now that Aegislash is banned.

If you're running Talonflame and Mega Pinsir you need some form a hazard removal.

Coverage is nice, no?

It's still a better option than Fly.

Maybe, but why the hell would you be leaving Talonflame in on a Rock type anyways?? It doesn't really help Steel Wing's case that U-turn hits Tyranitar SE.

Coverage is nice, no?

It's still a better option than Fly.

I don't use fly in battle, it's just nice to have

but I also think WoW would be cool

Replace Brick Break with Fire Blast on Garchomp. It hits Ferrothorn and Skarmory hard, even with a negative nature and bad ivs.

Will-o-wisp does a better job at screwing over Rock types than Steel Wing.

I'm not too sure about Assault Vest Greninja. It's Special Attack isn't very high without a Life Orb. Also Dark Pulse isn't as good as Extrasensory now that Aegislash is banned.

If you're running Talonflame and Mega Pinsir you need some form a hazard removal.

Fire Blast sounds like potential

that's what my friend recommended

AV Greninja is amazing. I've won a good amount of battles just because I had it. Extrasenory is a good option, so I'll probably do that

what do you recommend? and what to replace?

It's most certainly ban worthy. It's base speed is pretty damn high for a Dragon Dancer and it can go mixed with Hyper Voice. Flying, Ground, Dragon and Fire has perfect coverage. Most people are going to get greedy with Dragon Dance, but I think the all out attacking set is going to be it's best set.

Not to mention the confirmed Defense boost paired with Intimidate is going to make this thing stupidly bulky.

Mamoswine and Thundurus will have to be staples when Megamence is released.

Hyper Voice feels pointless IMHO. The checklists for damage output is pretty much Hippowdon. Once you can nail Hippo for more than/close to 50%(I think most Normal Boosted Aerialate move would be plenty), your good to go

Throw in Fire moves for Skarm and thats it.

Of course I need to see if Salamence still followed the standard "Almost Life Orb" Power Boost norm of other Megas or he would get the reverse "20% increase in defense, minimal in offense" treatment

As for those two, mamoswine might be a staple if Mega Mence stayed, but Thundurus almost definitely won't. Thundurus is VERY VERY likely to be banned after M-Mawile. I mean cmon, I don't think theres other pokemon in the meta right now that is hated more than Thundurus

Edited by Anti-Fun

I don't use fly in battle, it's just nice to have

but I also think WoW would be cool

Fire Blast sounds like potential

that's what my friend recommended

AV Greninja is amazing. I've won a good amount of battles just because I had it. Extrasenory is a good option, so I'll probably do that

what do you recommend? and what to replace?

i like extrasensory > dark pulse with hydro pump, ice beam, and grass knot

Hyper voice is good stab that goes throygh stabs and isn't affected by burns