Admit it: You ENJOY being a Mary Sue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I loved FE7's self-insert obviously. Silent characters are great. But FE13's MU was terrible.

I like ignoring the fact my Avatar can speak for himself and put my own spin on it. Avatar would have been pretty cool if we had Silent MU Option. The Avatar thats written in the game and the Avatar of my mind are very different creatures.

It affects me when merely expressing dislike of a character means that people are going to rage on you because "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY WAIFU/HUSBANDO/CHILD YOU AWFUL PERSON". It affects me when people get so EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN A NON-IRONIC WAY that they become depressed or upset or hurt when people don't like their spouses/children or are "hurting" them in silly games like HnH and then cry about it to me or in a general place where I am. People being creepy is creepy and enough of a reason to be mad.

It's far from silly.

Whoa whoa whoa there! PEOPLE DO THAT? SERIOUSLY? *grabs telescope from the hall closet* Gimme some examples! *grabs popcorn* this outta be good!

Why does it affect your enjoyment of the game so much? It's so easy to just ignore it. I really, really don't understand how the way people act can affect another person's enjoyment of a game.

It doesnt affect my enjoyment of the game and i dont think Boron thinks the game sucks because of this either. Shes expressing discontent with the fanbase, not the game. The Avatar being in the game however, is the root cause of the weirdness and shes expressing that it shouldnt return due to the negative impact on the fanbase. Im not sure i agree with that, but i see her point loud and clear.

This is something I completely disagree with. Like, why let people affect your enjoyment of something? It doesn't make the smallest sense to me

You truly have no idea what its like to be amidst a nasty, creepy, discontented fandom do you? Its fucking crap is what it is. Let me put it to you like this:

You like a thing. That thing is pretty awesome. You like watching/reading/doing that thing. That thing even inspires you. There are other people out there that like that thing. You think this is awesome cuz others are sharing your joy. You find a place where people get to talk about that thing. Hell, they even create new things from that thing. This only furthers your enjoyment of that thing.

But then...you find a group of people within the community about that thing. These people are very loud. They are so loud, that their voices drown out yours and your friends'. These people are taking the thing you love and celebrate and they are twisting it into something else entirely. Something that is barely recognizable to the thing you originally love. They covet that thing and even say that you have no right to love this thing if you do not follow their rules. These people are such a negative influence, that they are affecting how others see the thing you love.

It gets so bad, that you no longer love that thing anymore. That thing only makes you think of these nasty assholes, nitpicking, fighting, etc. Now the thing you love is something you hate.

Thats what a toxic fanbase does. It can be avoidable by not becoming a part of the community around the fanbase, or choosing who to listen to, but thats often easier said then done. This happened to me and the MLP fanbase. It sucks a lot. Im trying not to let the fanbase of A Song Of Ice And Fire crush my love for the series, but holy shit do i kinda hate that lot! The Thor MCU fandom is rather gnarly too so i steer clear of it. Doesnt mean i dont see or hear things i dislike come from it.

As for the OP, I like wish fulfillment just fine. I dont like being a Mary Sue too much cuz i like the idea of something challenging me.

I feel like I see more people fighting about how annoying the "crazy waifu" people are and talking about how "shitty" this forum is and how all these posts are shitty and honestly I don't even see that much waifu stuff.

I dont see waifu stuff either and i lurk Miiverse. So im curious as to where it comes from as well. Rey said "youtube comments". I buy that, but where else is it happening, and if its happening here, where?

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Please, ignore everything I said in those posts. I was having a bad day and overreacted on places I shouldn't. I'm truly ashamed of them.

Edited by Nobody

I dont see waifu stuff either and i lurk Miiverse. So im curious as to where it comes from as well. Rey said "youtube comments". I buy that, but where else is it happening, and if its happening here, where?

I'm just more focused on Serenes Forest. I keep hearing how awful this place is but it doesn't seem bad. Am I missing something?

Please, ignore everything I said in those posts. I was having a bad day and overreacted on places I shouldn't. I'm truly ashamed of them.

there, there. /patpat. Im more explaining what a toxic fanbase can do in general anyway. Cuz its truly unpleasant. :(:

I'm just more focused on Serenes Forest. I keep hearing how awful this place is but it doesn't seem bad. Am I missing something?

Oh im right there with you, mate. I dont know where the waifuing is happening. If its in the IPchat or somewhere i dont lurk....

I like ignoring the fact my Avatar can speak for himself and put my own spin on it. Avatar would have been pretty cool if we had Silent MU Option. The Avatar thats written in the game and the Avatar of my mind are very different creatures.

I'm imagining Avatar giving the Shepherds the silent treatment...thinking to him/herself "man fuck this I was really enjoying lying in the grass on a sunny day."

Not a day goes by that I do not alternate between staining my 3DS with lipstick and tears as I watch Chrom's confession scene. I shall summon Chrom with these or get pulled into the world of Fire Emblem eventually; no matter the outcome I will win his heart because I am so perfect and desirable. Oh yes...

BACK OFF PUNK

I'm imagining Avatar giving the Shepherds the silent treatment...thinking to him/herself "man fuck this I was really enjoying lying in the grass on a sunny day."

That'd be the best. Or "dammit, I barely know how to walk in a straight line how are they expecting me too fight anything ever".

There's a reason that people tell you to stay away from Forum Games....

What secret abominations await me in the forum games and other dark places of serenes forest forums? I'm afraid I'll never know, for those places are too sinister for me to brave.

just nerds mostly, but we got those everywhere

we are those mostly

there, there. /patpat. Im more explaining what a toxic fanbase can do in general anyway. Cuz its truly unpleasant. :(:

Oh im right there with you, mate. I dont know where the waifuing is happening. If its in the IPchat or somewhere i dont lurk....

Forum Games.

i thought the japanese version had a silent option for awakening avatar

It did according to Rey. Pretty jellis of that.

There's a reason that people tell you to stay away from Forum Games....

For it is dark and full of waifus? OoooOo...im intrigued!

For it is dark and full of waifus? OoooOo...im intrigued!

oh god Loki no don't get pulled into its darkness. We can't lose you!

Waifuism isn't even that bad here (note: I don't frequent the Awakening boards, and probably for good reason) compared to some other sites, though there are, of course, specific people.

Regardless, it is negative reputation from the ones that there are.

Congratulations, everyone. You all went insane. KEIKAKU DOORI.

I'm especially proud of Nobody. Going on a rampage of denial that waifufaggotry exists, and then deleting every single one of his posts to hide his actions despite the quoting.

master russman

if by "going insane" you mean i and others pretty much knew you were trolling the entire time, then ok

Edited by Tryhard

oh god Loki no don't get pulled into its darkness. We can't lose you!

lel Speaking to me of darkness. You are adorable. :P:

Waifuism isn't even that bad here (note: I don't frequent the Awakening boards, and probably for good reason) compared to some other sites, though there are, of course, specific people.

Regardless, it is negative reputation from the ones that there are.

I lurk the Awakening board and its pretty tame as far as that sort of thing goes. I mean, you get guys like Airship Canon clinging to Lucina like a drowning man clings to driftwood, and Anacybele's occasional Frederick squee, and that one guy with the Cherche sig...but other than that, its not that bad. Otherwise i would not have asked where the waifuism lies.

Congratulations, everyone. You all went insane.

You speak as if we were not already mad.

I'm especially proud of Nobody. Going on a rampage of denial that waifufaggotry exists, and then deleting every single one of his posts to hide his actions despite the quoting.

I didn't delete every one of my posts for hiding them. I deleted them because they were dumb, and to make sure people know I was sorry for them.

And you're quite clever being ~le internet troll~, aren't you?

Edited by Nobody

what an epic trole man, haha, upvote for you xD

who even are you

Yes. Yes, I do.

OH. And I also like Robin, since, y'know, it's a character who's appearance you can customize, and not much else.

Very well then.

@Rest of the board: It's not so much trolling for rage as it is trolling for opinions.

tbh I don't like how the older male Robin looks

I think it's that lip thing he has going on

also the hair options for him SUCK

also no FACIAL HAIR even more SUCK