Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also has Heat Wave from Gen 5. Plus it always has access to Hidden Power Ground or whatever.

even so, it's not like uproar gives pidgeot much with coverage like that

hurricane

heat wave

hidden power ground

uproar / anything else

i think the only thing that uproar does is hit rotom w harder, something that you shouldn't be staying in on in the first place. it might also be nice for an option to hit through substitute, but i still think that scouting stuff like scarf/band victini or anything else for what move they want to be locked into is more valuable.

Edited by Cornet

New Megas for gen 1 Pokemon, but none of them are Rapidash still. :( I gotta admit they look cool though.

I hope they give us something like Ninetails as well as Rapidash.

Or Umbreon and Swoobat.There needs to be more gen 2/5 love.

​And,may someone make a competitive team thread for OR/AS?I don't like competitive chats,and they're getting fucking annoying.

I don't want to believe it. None of it is that interesting to me besides customization returning. But if it's true and there are still more unknown Megas, I of course pray that one of them is Rapidash. It'd be my go-to for sure since it's my favorite Pokemon after Keldeo. <3

I already finally decided to get Alpha Sapphire (but not on release because Smash Wii U is out the same day here and I don't like spending a lot of money at once), so why not hope for more goodies? lol

Edited by Anacybele

Seeing as I was no big fan of gen 3, yeah, pretty much. Sorry...

But the reason I'm still getting the game is because Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, and some of the other little things sound neat.

Seeing as I was no big fan of gen 3, yeah, pretty much. Sorry...

But the reason I'm still getting the game is because Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, and some of the other little things sound neat.

You can just wait for the next games if the new megas are all you want, it would save some money.

Leaks are apparently getting out, but don't take them seriously: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70291241

Mega Jirachi eh?I'd take that one with a grain of salt.

How would the leaker know that they're going to be released in the next weeks?Seems a little fishy.If this seems like annoying ranting,I'll justify myself:I'm naturally suspicious.

Leaks are apparently getting out, but don't take them seriously: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70291241

The only thing that seems sorta legit is the trick house and move tutors returning, and I'd still take those with a grain of salt. And Mega Jirachi is kinda... iffy, because not everyone has a Jirachi. Heck, it, Mew, Celebii and the Gen 5 event trio are some of the rarest Pokemon. I now know why Mew didn't get a Mega... qAq

Unless you have a Power save/ AR.

Edited by TheCanadianKeyblade

Well, the official trailer for the CoroCoro stuff got shown. Has some other stuff too

But, perhaps what is a bit more important, is that the ORAS demo has shown off two Mega Evolutions: Glalie And Steelix. Not much else is known, 'cept for Mega Steelix having Sand Force

Edited by Dusk Hunt Dodge

The US site also told how to get the US demo, you get it in the Pokemon Trainer club Newsletter. The site says you have 'till the 20th to sign up for an account and opt in for the newsletter.

(I just did so)

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/special-demo-version/special-demo-version

Mega Glalie though...the fuck is that?

It wants to be Pac-Man.I'm naming mine Pac-Man now...

Mega Steelix has gems on it that look like the same material as Mega Stones....FREE MEGA STONES FOR ALL!

God.

Here are the stats for Mega Sceptile, Swampert, Glalie, and Steelix: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70319827

Thank you for not fucking up Mega Sceptile~ <3

I can't wait for the e-mail.

nice. looks like breeding competitive sceptiles in gen 4 was worth it. i'm going to be one of the only people with a legit sceptile with dragon pulse

You know, outside of the news that North America is lucky to not have limited demo numbers (who exactly thought that having limits in other areas of the world was a good idea when you can transfer stuff from the demo, again?), I haven't exactly been blown away with today's news.

Confirmation from multiple sources that customization is gone? Chalk another one up to the "Game Freak is lazy" column.

Mirage Spots are version exclusive? Another disappointing ploy to get people to buy both versions, since do we honestly think we'll be able to catch these legendaries multiple times? No.

Separate (online) battle leagues with arbitrary divisions between them? And you're telling me that this was an EASIER process than, you know, just patching X/Y with new data? Are you trying to turn into Activision here? (Now, I get that asking all X/Y players to download a patch is a pain for them, but it's got to be easier from a labor perspective. Plus, what about players that rely on parents/gifts for their games and want to play with friends - Hypothetical: Billy's parents can afford to buy him OR/AS, but Bobby's parents don't have the disposable income to support a new Pokemon every year, so are they now saying that the two can't play together unless Billy uses his old team? Bullshit if true, if you ask me.) (Also, could go as another "Game Freak is lazy / can't program" checkbox.)

The PokeNav Plus stuff with catching Pokemon with better IVs and special moves is pretty dope though.

Despite my complaints, I'm still on the side of the fence of getting one of the games, but this is seriously showing that Game Freak/Nintendo is definitely still behind the times on many levels, especially if it's true that they were actively listening to fan feedback. (Pssssssst, hint: we wanted MORE customization options, not LESS, Game Freak)

(Also, lack of Ice/Fairy Glaile is disappointing.)

Sceptile coming through!

Modest/Adamant outspeeds Greninja.

People said I was stupid for chosing Mega Sceptile because of Lighting Rod..With a Modest,Dragon Pulse and Leaf Storm Mega Sceptile paired with an electric type in doubles shall make me the best!...Or at least better at competitive battling.