Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

But what to do next in the game... I suppose I could go for Heatran since I found its location by accident while looking for Registeel's cave. lol

You could shiny hunt past shiny-lock legends.I know I'll be doing that once I've drained everything the game has to offer.Shiny Reshiram will be mine...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to get back to this game.

My current team planned so far:

Blaziken, Shiftry, Flygon, Metagross

I'm honestly not sure about my pokes, especially a water type. I WANT to use Lanturn or Walrein but their so late in the game I'm gonna need a water HM slave

Well there's Pelipper, Tentacruel, Gyarados, Azumarril, Sharpedo, Whiscash, Ludicolo, Milotic. For late game, there's Lanturn, Wailord, Relicanth/Corsola, Starmie (?), Seaking, Walrein, etc.

Also, as far as I know, the Orbs aren't findable in the game.

Looking on Serebii, yeah they can be found.

Adamant Orb is on Route 128, Griesous Orb is on Route 130, Lustrous Orb is on Route 129.

DNA Splicer is found in Gnarled Den apparently.

So I need Zekrom to open the place up so I can get it. Bah, I have to play Black 2 again. Looooooooooooooong game is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

I wish they ported over that movie maker, it was fun.

Flygon rocks.

My current team is:

- Swampert

- Gardevoir

- the shiny Beldum from Mystery Gift

- Manectric

- Altaria

- Spinda

The Gardevoir. . .kind of happened as I was hunting for a Zigzagoon with Pickup. I figured "why the hell not", and ran with it. I'd planned for Swampert/Altaria, and the Beldum was suggested to me by someone else. I was curious to see how powerful Manectric would be since the days of R/S/E. As for Spinda. . .SHE TOOK ON KYOGRE. AND LIVED. She stays on the team (since the only other option I'd consider is Sableye).

Currently got all eight badges, and am flying around doing side things that I can do. Next up is to get every route on my map, followed by a visit to the Pokemon League. My team is getting overleveled, and I am perfectly fine with it.

I'm considering re-doing a new run since I got a year of Bank now. (<3 christmas present)

Is Giratina's Orb or Kyurem's DNA splicer findable in this game?

Not sure about the orb, but I know you can get Kyurem's DNA splicers. You can get Giratina and Kyurem once you have both of the version exclusive legendaries

Team discussions? Sweet, let me throw my dick into the mix.

Kirlia(Gallade), Nuzleaf, Trapinch, Duskull, Carvanha, Loudred.

Just got my third badge.

I wanted to use Pokemon that were introduced in R/S/E, Gallade and DusclopsDusknoir* are special cases because even though they're later additions, they evolve from R/S/E Pokemon.

I was going to use other of my favorites like Aggron, Blaziken, Manectric, but I had already trained those and they're in my 'battle box' of Pokemon in Y, I didn't feel like training them a second time.

All in all, I'm somewhat pleased with the turnout, Carvanha and Trapinch I find I'm having a little trouble keeping alive for elongated periods due to the types of Pokemon I'm encountering but their strength makes up for it.

Took ages to get the dawn stone from Super Training for Kirlia, not evolving her yet but as a left hander, fuck super training.

I also decided not to go with my starter this time, which is the first time I've done so ever and I've played every generation. I nicknamed my mudkip "beef curtains" at first but apparently that wasn't allowed so I went with 'moose knuckle' instead which was a-ok? Nintendo, you so weird.

Edited by NICKT™

After 87~ encounters, I finally caught a 2IV Modest Electrike with Lightningrod and Swift. I also got a Mild Electrike with Uproar but had Minus :(, and another one with 2IVs Bold, Strong Willed and with Uproar too, but discarded them for the Modest one. Going to Super Train him as it is quick and easy and then make him catch Grovyle and Kirlia's level. Next pokemon might be Aron or probably Skarmory, cuz wynaut, I need Steel for Ice pokes.

My current team: Grovyle, Gardevoir, masquerain, Roselia (Adding Bagon) and I don't know what else yet. Maybe swap out masque rain and roserade later. This is OR

AS is going to have at least Mega Salamence as well, but the rest is undecided.

Shame I have so little time to play.

My team heading into Victory Road:

Snorunt (Froslass)

Aggron

Ninetails

Wailord

Gallade

Flygon

I had a bit of problems with Wallace (shockingly, his Luvdisc was most annoying) but Archie was pretty easy (until dat Mega Sharpedo, then I got my ass whooped).

Took ages to get the dawn stone from Super Training for Kirlia, not evolving her yet but as a left hander, fuck super training.

Sorry, but only male Kirlia can evolve into Gallade. If you want one, you'll have to go back and catch a male Ralts, I'm afraid.

My team hasn't changed yet, but it will eventually, seeing as I want a Mega Lopunny and stuff. :P

Man so checking in on things Flygon line's learnset is kinda ridiculous now. Earthquake at 33, you can relearn Bug Buzz as Vibrava(learned at 29 but not as Trapinch sooooo), Vibrava also gets Boomburst at 47 but you don't really want it so much since Flygon learns Dragon Claw at 45 instead of Dragon Tail, and even Dragon Rush at 47 if that's your thing.

Sorry, but only male Kirlia can evolve into Gallade. If you want one, you'll have to go back and catch a male Ralts, I'm afraid.

My team hasn't changed yet, but it will eventually, seeing as I want a Mega Lopunny and stuff. :P

I know, that was my bad, I called her a girl because I've been watching her twirl and shit in battles and it's been conditioned into my head but it's most definitely a male.

Fuck, If I lapsed that bad and went over that detail I'd have to check myself back into an asylum. ._.

nervous laugh at bad joke.

Edited by NICKT™

Aron with Iron Head at level 22. 100% acc with 80 base dmg, pretty OP for this stage of the game, and there's not many other Steel moves I'd pick over it.

Iron Tail is strong, but 75% accuracy is too unreliable.

Metal Burst should work well considering my Aron's got the Sturdy ability.

Taught Strength to Gyarados after receiving it from Rival. He needed a good physical move. Bite and Tackle just weren't good enough - although I am looking forward to Dragon Rage. Strength will be overwritten later, since I'll need space for his other attacks.

Planned HM usage throughout team:

Cut - Linoone

Fly - Flygon

Surf - Linoone

Strength - Linoone

Waterfall - Gyarados

Rock Smash - Linoone

Dive - Gyarados

Gyarados will have to have 2 HMs since nobody else can learn them, but they are physical at least, with the same base damage. Dragon Dance and Crunch will probably be the other 2 attacks, taking Mega Gyarados' Dark typing into consideration.

Chewed through the rest of the "game". Kudos to whoever reminded me to get the Master Ball!

Right now, I'm working on growing berries and getting my team up to the second run of E4. Everyone on my team now has their Mega Stone, but if my experiences are any indication, the only one that I'll need is Altaria. I still have a few move sets to fix, such as Spinda's (Dizzy Punch and Psychic can stay, still iffy on Copycat, and Feint Attack needs to be replaced with something stronger).

if your spinda is limited to not-egg moves and not-contrary abilities (well, i don't think it can learn superpower without transfer from a previous gen anyway), you should at least consider relearning hypnosis and replacing dizzy punch with a stronger normal-type move. shadow ball is also better for coverage than psychic or feint attack, or you can relearn sucker punch.

alternatively, if you have move tutor access and you really want a barely-usable spinda within these constraints, hyper voice, shadow ball, hypnosis, calm mind is a set...

Edited by dondon151

Biggest problem is that this Spinda's Attack is, uh, bad. I'm using Dizzy Punch for its confusion effect, as my Manectric's job is to paralyze things (thus putting them to sleep doesn't quite work). I can probably swap out Feint Attack for Shadow Ball, since I finally found the latter.

I could use something like Teeter Dance/Hyper Voice/Psychic/Shadow Ball. . .just gotta remember to pair up with Altaria, should I ever be suckered into a double battle. Thanks~!

the regis are, if not the most, very close to being the most objectively difficult legendaries (or pokemon ever, natch) to catch because the catch rate formula has a factor of something like (3*maxHP - 2*currHP) or something of the sort (someone can check me on the exact coefficients)

I was like "nowai, I don't remember having problems with them" but then I realized I caught all of them with masterballs because of the battle tower cloning glitch in emerald

B)

While this is a pretty random question, for those of you who have messed around with the Multi Battle in the Battle Resort, who do you think is the best partner out of the default AI partners? (May/Brendan, Steven, Wally, and Maxie/Archie) I've messed around with all of them, and I personally think that in Omega Ruby Maxie is the best partner available. His Camerupt is pretty useful, but his main use is his Crobat. It's quite fast, and with its Life Orb it KOs a majority of the opponents in 1 hit with Brave Bird, or leaves them in KO range. Granted, my main Pokemon during my time in the mode was Typhlosion with Choice Specs (Feraligatr as backup), and almost nothing could survive the combination of Eruption and Brave Bird, so he may have been the most useful to me because of my team.

Edited by Monado Boy

Steven is the best for me if he starts with the Aerodactyl. His Rock Slide saved me with some clutch flinches and pairs up well with a Landorus-t and his Earthquake. It also has a Focus Sash in case the enemy gets cheeky with Ice type spam. Mega Metagross is still a monster and can clean up well.