Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. And why is that worth noting? xP

Whoa... that is pretty big.

Well, it had always been there and it didn't really serve any purpose AFAIK.

It's akin to SF having a splash page for 10 years and suddenly dropping it now.

I saw Hoopa's trailer yesterday before the Direct but it was unimpressive. While Hoopa's typing is original and all, it'll die to Ghost and Dark type moves so miserably which are pretty common, specially Shadow Ball.

Unrelated to ORAS but didn't find any thread nearby so here it goes anyways. Directly from serebii:

Pokkén Tournament
It has been confirmed that the next batch of information for the upcoming game Pokkén Tournament is to come on January 23rd within the Weekly Famitsu Featuring online series on NicoNico. It's not known what information will be shown but we'll post all of it as and when it comes.
Ok, back to ORAS, I've progressed a bit on AS: caught a Modest Kyogre, got the Eon Flute and went soaring in the sky. The first thing I did was super training Latias and Kyogre until Latias learned Dragon Pulse and Psychic, got the Scanner and caught a Relaxed Lugia (lmao after so many rigging) then went to Nameless Cave and caught a Timid Uxie, Mild Mesprit and Rash Azelf, Dialga is pending; went through routes 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 and 134 among with its underwater parts. I'm really glad the variety of trainers was improved as well as the pokemon they train, despite the dominance of Water types. The lower screen makes it less tedious to traverse said routes and helps you locate where you are. But, anyways, did the stuff on the Sealed Chamber with Dig, Relicanth and Wailord, opened the three caves and caught the regis with Adamant, Careful and Calm/Sassy natures, respectively. Latias's Dragonbreath and Manectric's Thunder Wave helped a lot when catching these legendaries. Pending Legendaries: the Dog trio, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Dialga, the Unova trio and Thundrus. I don't know if I'm missing other legendaries besides Groudon, Latios, Palkia, Reshiram, etc. So anyways, going to Ever Grande City and Victory Road to finish story mode and get to Delta Episode.
Edited by Quintessence

I found a Ralts with Memento with dexnav lol. I love all the weird moves you can find on mons.

Does anyone know if Dexnav chaining increases the odds of a shiny appearance? Sorry if this has been asked before

Does anyone know if Dexnav chaining increases the odds of a shiny appearance? Sorry if this has been asked before

It was kinda like the, "Tip" thing back in X and Y.

Everyone claimed that by tipping waiters and stuff the chance to find Shinies would go up.

But it's not... Actually been proven.

It's possible, but at the same time, it's not.

Don't go chaining with the DexNav, expecting to find a shiny Ralts or something.

It was kinda like the, "Tip" thing back in X and Y.

Everyone claimed that by tipping waiters and stuff the chance to find Shinies would go up.

But it's not... Actually been proven.

It's possible, but at the same time, it's not.

Don't go chaining with the DexNav, expecting to find a shiny Ralts or something.

I've just been messing around with it more so movewise anyways. Although I've always wanted a shiny Zangoose and I was hoping there was a way to chain ._.

I would've liked to chain for a shiny Luxio too, I discovered it as one of the new hidden Pokemon that appear after the Cave of Origin part. It stinks, I know... :(

Ponyta and Luxio can be caught in this game, if only their evolutions had gotten Mega forms to go with that! And they could sure use them too, Rapidash and Luxray aren't the best Fire and Electric types.

And Zebstrika, my other favorite Electric type, can be caught too, on a Mirage island. But no Mega there either. And Zebstrika needs a better move pool. DX

Edited by Anacybele

Ha, that's pretty cool. XD

I could name one Stripes after the racing zebra in the movie Racing Stripes. But I don't want to name it and not name the rest of my team. And I don't know what to name them.

By the way, I managed to capture all the Regi trio and the Regigigas and plus, Heatran and I managed to defeat the Elite Four without any restarts and used only one revive for Latios during in Drake's battle. Also, I got my Sceptile in Lv. 85 right now.

By the way, does anyone know how to work on the Cresselia requirements? That it saids that it needs the Internet on, but I couldn't see the correct location and Cresselia's Mirage Ring appearing?

Technically chaining increases the chance of finding a shiny for the pokemon you are looking for since it almost entirely gives you only 1 pokemon to find.

yeah but you might as well use the masuda method. that way you can control ivs and pass down egg moves along with having a better chance for a shiny anyway.

I've just started playing ORAS and I have some beginner's questions:

Were there any basestat or balance changes compared to X/Y? (I assume not since it's the same gen)

Is it possible to trade from ORAS to X/Y?

1. No, not from X/Y to OR/AS, but there WERE from Gen 5 to Gen 6, aka from the Black and White games to X/Y. (And later OR/AS.

2. ...yes. I know it's... Possible.

Perhaps you can trade just like normally. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.