Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

I've just started playing ORAS and I have some beginner's questions:

Were there any basestat or balance changes compared to X/Y? (I assume not since it's the same gen)

Is it possible to trade from ORAS to X/Y?

Pokemon that know the moves Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse or Dragon Ascent cannot be traded to X/Y. The new megastones cannot be traded back as well. Those are the only restrictions.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, does anyone know how to work on the Cresselia requirements? That it saids that it needs the Internet on, but I couldn't see the correct location and Cresselia's Mirage Ring appearing?

it's a mirage island; if you pass someone (or spotpass someone) that has it, you'll get it as well

So I finally cleared the game with the Delta Episode and have to say that it really was a nice addition. I enjoyed the battles with Zinnia and her theme is pretty likable too. Was nice to see more in depth the reason why Rayquaza and Deoxys appeared/exist and why Sky Pillar was built. I don't know if this was explained on RSE or not, or I wasn't paying attention and just playing straight forward like a raging horse.

So ok, the Elite Four was pretty simple, my trio were Lv. 73 and dealt with the E4 easily: Mega Sceptile rekt most of Sidney's team, Mega Manectric and Gardevoir defeated Phoebe with Hidden Power Ghost, Shadow Ball and Moonblast, Mega Manectric spammed Flamethrower against Glacia as MegaVoir spammed Moonblast on Drake, finally Steven was rekt by MegaTric's Bolts and Flames and Voir's blasts.

Got a Hasty Rayquaza and Chikorita and Snivy.

Gonna focus now on catching the rest of the legendaries and then visit the Battle Resort.

Btw, is it true that Deoxys reappears at Sky Pillar if it is defeated and you clear E4?

The game tricked me!
My Mightyena suddenly started getting boosted EXP. I was confused. It wasn't traded. No Lucky Egg. No O-Power. Amie was never touched. But it had 2 affection hearts? How? Turns out that winning contests awards affection points. Furthermore, affection for the original trainer cannot be erased through trading. Mightyena is going to get replaced by Cacturne anyways, but I'm glad that I didn't start going contest crazy with the entire team.

It's kind of a shame that Contrary Serperior really only has one move that I can see that makes its ability so good, aside from the obvious effects from opponents. Probably just gonna breed mine into a tank.

I'll use my Serperior on a Grass type team. I'd like to make teams of my favorite types for once. ^^

Fire (my top fav!)

- Rapidash

- Infernape

- Flareon

- Ninetales (one with Drought though, not the one I already have. I'm aware that the Ability Capsule exists, but that would take a long time to get because it can only be found at the Battle Maison for 200 BP. xP)

- Mega Houndoom

- Talonflame

Fairy

- Mega Diancie

- Sylveon

- Slurpuff

- Wigglytuff

- Florges

- Togekiss

Grass

- Bellossom

- Sawsbuck (totally forgot this one being my other favorite Grass type next to Bellossom)

- Meganium

- Serperior

- Mega Sceptile

- Leafeon

Dragon

- Kingdra

- Garchomp

- Haxorus

- Mega Rayquaza (I have to admit that even though I was never a big fan of gen 3 legendaries, Rayquaza's mega form is badass)

- Tyrantrum

- Dragalge

I also like Dark and Electric, but not as much as these four. :P

Edited by Anacybele

monotypes are cool

i also learned that the cover legends are shiny locked. i guess i wasted my time trying to complete the dex before the delta episode for nothing...

I'll use my Serperior on a Grass type team. I'd like to make teams of my favorite types for once. ^^

- Ninetales (one with Drought though, not the one I already have. I'm aware that the Ability Capsule exists, but that would take a long time to get because it can only be found at the Battle Maison for 200 BP. xP)

Ability Capsule doesn't work involving Hidden Abilities anyway.

---

Are the HA Unova starter distributions gender-locked in some way, shape, or form or am I just being extremely unlucky while soft-resetting?

You can't soft-reset genders; you need to get a new Wonder Card.

I know the Japanese HA starters can be female, as a friend got female Samurott and Emboar in some files, but dunno about the Western event.

Also, 7 wins/3 losses in the Battle of Hoenn. Not tooshabby, right?

Edited by VincentASM

I know the Japanese HA starters can be female, as a friend got female Samurott and Emboar in some files, but dunno about the Western event.

They can be. Mine was female.

Is it really important anyway? I heard males can pass down HAs in 6th gen, though the chance is less. You can breed the male with Ditto and hope for a female offspring with HA. Largely ineffective due to low female ratio, but getting a male doesn't lock you out of a DWF anymore.

Edited by Cerberus87