Manaketes vs Taguels?

Torva

Just wandering what you guys think, but I say Manaketes are better. Theres one more Manakete than there is Taguel, and they just seem better for long-distance hitting.

Wyrmslayer, though, IS a problem.

Manaketes are better in pretty much every way. Taguels have better speed, but that's about the only thing they have going for them.

I prefer Taguel, whether it's statistically better or not. I just like bunnies more than dragons. And the manaketes bore me. The laguz need to return, imo.

I prefer Taguel, whether it's statistically better or not. I just like bunnies more than dragons. And the manaketes bore me. The laguz need to return, imo.

Likewise, I found the laguz rather boring, which doomed Taguels to me not liking them (their personalities don't help their case any, Panne especially).

Edited by Levant Caprice

I prefer manaketes, just because they can attack in range.

Just wandering what you guys think, but I say Manaketes are better. Theres one more Manakete than there is Taguel, and they just seem better for long-distance hitting.

Taguel sucks because no 2-ranged attack. Vulnerable to Beastkiller, too.

Wyrmslayers are pretty dang rare in-game though (what, only like 2 enemies in the game use 'em?)...

Manaketes have 1-2 range and tanks things with their faces. So if i had to pick, id pick the dragons. Everyone gets reclassed out of that shit anyway. Nowi and Panne love to be Wyvern Lords.

Manaketes are 5000% better.

Taguels are... uh... cute?

In terms of mechanics and optimization, it's pretty much no debate. Taguels are very aesthetically interesting, though, so that's one thing they have going for them I guess lol (and Speed but Manakete advantages far outweigh).

Also, Wyrmslayers basically aren't a problem for Manaketes because all of them get the Wyvern tree, and thus Swordbreaker. I guess it's basically the same, though, because Panne gets Lancebreaker as well so basically only Yarne misses out if he doesn't have a dad that passes wyverns. *shrug*

Edited by BANRYU

Theres one more Manakete than there is Taguel

Look again, there's a Manakete in the Bonus Box.

Panne wrecks Lunatic by relcassing into a Wyvern. Nowi wrecks Lunatic by staying as a Manakete. Shouldn't be too hard to guess which is better.

Eh... I like Manaketes more. Just because of ranged fireballs of doom. And the pretty colours. And because I like reptiles more than bunnies. (YOU'RE NOT GONNA EAT THAT GODDAMN WIRE, YOU HUNGRY FURBALL.)