OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Speculation Thread

ZemZem

Blaziken, Swellow, Aggron, Manectric, Sharpedo, and Flygon (My Hoenn only dream team)

I'm hoping they add more to the region. It is my favorite region, but I've explored every nook and cranny of that place, so it'd be nice and refreshing to see something new. I'd also kinda like it if they switched up the Regi puzzle. I remember my 3-4 grade self actually went out and got a braille translator from the library to solve that puzzle. Now I'll probably never have that experience again...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope fucking Feebas is easier to catch in this game. Thankfully they at least fixed the problem of Milotic being a pain to evolve into.

But they made Feebas evolve through the worst kind of evolution there is

Maybe trade-evolution was the worst kind back in the day when we had to go through all that hassle with link cables and shit, but now that we have wireless trading it's FAAARRRR from the worst form of evolution.

Anyway yeah they better. =3= I might actually want to use Milotic in a playthrough this time.

I always wanted to use it in Emerald, but I could literally never figure out where the fuck Feebas was hiding.

-probably an updated pokedex (pancham. Pancham everywhere xD)

-hopefully the battle frontier

-I really want an indoor battle screen, as opposed to a grid... Loses all immersion

-a few new megas (I doubt we'll have many, due to having to intergrate them into X and Y)

-I assume we'll have a new area or two, with a few rare Pokemon and things to do.

-I really want an indoor battle screen, as opposed to a grid... Loses all immersion

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.

He means he wants the floor on the inside of buildings to actually be a floor. For example, the battle castle might have marble. Instead, the indoor floors are grids that look like they'd only work in the battle arcade, and possibly the battle factory.

If two friends have the same secret base; They should have the option to pair up so other people have to do a double battle.

Also, Nerf Tate and Liza. or Buff Juan/Wallace.

Edited by Maerk

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.

When you battle indoors in x and y (major battles aside) the Pokemon are just fighting on this sort of grid. (I only remember it being indoors, it may have a different reason/cause. I just got a little annoyed by it) it's a purely cosmetic feature though, and won't affect gameplay at all

Edit: just found a picture!

http://pokedream.com/games/pokemon-xy/04-lumiose.php

Edited by eggs4king

....Oh, the grid thing! Yeah hopefully that'll be better.

It's not, uh, not real high on my list of things I want to see fixed/added though lol. Like the feet in Awakening.

Custom Trick Houses sound fucking sweet.

A friend and I have been mulling over the "whole new area," or whatever they said in the trailer for a while. And even after the game was confirmed to be a remake, we were wondering what this meant.

One of the ideas we thought of, and we hope comes true, is the possibility of going into space. Hoenn is the region that it would make the most sense to go to space in with the Mossdeep Space Station as well as several space themed pokemon such as Solrock, Lunatone, Deoxys, Jirachi. It would be really interesting to see where they take this idea, considering the whole space station dynamic in R/S/E was a complete let down.

A friend and I have been mulling over the "whole new area," or whatever they said in the trailer for a while. And even after the game was confirmed to be a remake, we were wondering what this meant.

One of the ideas we thought of, and we hope comes true, is the possibility of going into space. Hoenn is the region that it would make the most sense to go to space in with the Mossdeep Space Station as well as several space themed pokemon such as Solrock, Lunatone, Deoxys, Jirachi. It would be really interesting to see where they take this idea, considering the whole space station dynamic in R/S/E was a complete let down.

I remember visiting the space station everyday because I had read on the internet that speaking to a certain guy a number of times would allow me to go in space to capture Jirachi xp

Maybe trade-evolution was the worst kind back in the day when we had to go through all that hassle with link cables and shit, but now that we have wireless trading it's FAAARRRR from the worst form of evolution.

Anyway yeah they better. =3= I might actually want to use Milotic in a playthrough this time.

I always wanted to use it in Emerald, but I could literally never figure out where the fuck Feebas was hiding.

Depending on either having someone else with the game, having two 3DS and 2 copies of the games or Wi-fi is pretty bad though, you can't have access to these anytime you want (or at all for some cases), while the rest you only need to have the game and put some effort into it

The only thing that might be worse is Wurmple where you don't have control over what it's evolving to, but even then it's an isolated case while trade evo has several pokemon that suffer from this

And then there's Shelmet and Karrablast where you have to specifically trade one for the other in order to evolve it, ugh

And I really really want contests back ;n;

Edited by Baldo

Depending on either having someone else with the game, having two 3DS and 2 copies of the games or Wi-fi is pretty bad though, you can't have access to these anytime you want (or at all for some cases), while the rest you only need to have the game and put some effort into it

The only thing that might be worse is Wurmple where you don't have control over what it's evolving to, but even then it's an isolated case while trade evo has several pokemon that suffer from this

And then there's Shelmet and Karrablast where you have to specifically trade one for the other in order to evolve it, ugh

And I really really want contests back ;n;

I'll admit the trade evolution thing sucks when you don't know anyone in person who can help you out with that kind of thing, but if you know people on the internet who have Pokemon, nowadays it's not too difficult to just get a FC and nicely ask them to help you out, y'know? Back in the day it was a huge hassle, no question; but now it's not such a problem.

I'll admit the trade evolution thing sucks when you don't know anyone in person who can help you out with that kind of thing, but if you know people on the internet who have Pokemon, nowadays it's not too difficult to just get a FC and nicely ask them to help you out, y'know? Back in the day it was a huge hassle, no question; but now it's not such a problem.

Not everyone has Wi-fi access on their 3DS though :x

Well, there's only so much you can do, then. :x The tools are there-- you just gotta find a way to make wifi work or make the effort of finding someone IRL to trade with. Either way, I still don't think it's nearly as big an issue as it used to be-- but everyone has different circumstances. *shrug*

It's true that trade evos are annoying, but people forget the benefits of it, if you can do it. You can evolve into the third stage right as soon as you get to the second one, and have a pokemon that wrecks a large chunk of the game. Level 16 Alakazam? That's like just after your starter gets to the second stage.

Oh shit, I just realized.

Pokemon Special/Adventures will revisit Hoenn like it did Kanto for the FR/LG saga and Johto for the HG/SS saga. I wonder the trials that Ruby and Sapphire (and Emerald, I guess) will go through during the OR/AS saga. Now I'm stoked for the game AND the new volumes.

Edited by ZeeEmm

Oh shit, I just realized.

Pokemon Special/Adventures will revisit Hoenn like it did Kanto for the FR/LG saga and Johto for the HG/SS saga. I wonder the trials that Ruby and Sapphire (and Emerald, I guess) will go through during the OR/AS saga. Now I'm stoked for the game AND the new volumes.

Hell yeah man! This honestly is what I'm most hyped for besides the possibly remade battle frontier

• 2 weeks later...

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/nintendo-trademarks-delta-emerald-japan

Nintendo just filed a trademark for what sounds like an Emerald remake.

Probably nothing to worry about, since IIRC Nintendo had filed trademarks for "Pokemon Water Blue" and "Pokemon Gray."