WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want to say but playing for AZ isn't exactly 'career = over'. Sure, toplevel Dutch football isn't on the level of La Liga or the Premier League, but It's above the level of the English Championship for sure.

Say what you want to say but playing for AZ isn't exactly 'career = over'. Sure, toplevel Dutch football isn't on the level of La Liga or the Premier League, but It's above the level of the English Championship for sure.

Whether the last is true is debatable.

Either way the entire point of my thing was that had Altidore not made the step up he would be known as 'a very good Eredivisie striker'. As opposed to 'a monumental failure'. Same with van Wolfswinkel. Johannsson appears to be knocking in one every two games over there. This is good. He is known as 'a very good Eredivisie striker'. I hope he does not get transferred to a top league, break, and have his career basically fucked due to that season. Like van Wolfswinkel and Altidore.

That was a good match, and Ghana should've taken their chances. They didn't, though, so it's a well-earned three points for the US. Interesting fact, Ghana took 21 shots, 8 on target. US took 8 shots, 7 on target. Just a touch more precise, there.

yeah brothers

iran x nigeria best wc game so far

portugal is a piece of shit squad 2 good playes ten cones oh my god it's terrible

brazil has no center fowards at all fred doesn't fucking move goddammit

uruguay without suarez is like i dunno popovich without tim duncan it just doesn't happen

argentina has an awesome squad midfield onward but oh my god their defense sucks romero is the worst gk ever i don't know one good argentine cb since ever

fuck higuain too and aguero is flop

brazil has no center fowards at all fred doesn't fucking move goddammit

I'm sure Lovren would argue he moves too easily.

The fact that every decent team is still very flawed is amazing and I love it, I'll be happy with either an Argentine or German victory. But Brazil and Argentina both looked uncertain in their first match. Spain died. Germany's the only real contender that's gotten off to a flying start.

yea i couldnt agree more. I thought that Germany might slip up since they looked a bit shaky in the friendlies before the WC but they showed that they've still got the potential to win. I hope they at least make it to the final before choking this time

plus, Argentina can play better if they continue the attacking football, and not sit back to compensate for their lacklustre defense

I'm sure Lovren would argue he moves too easily.

The fact that every decent team is still very flawed is amazing and I love it, I'll be happy with either an Argentine or German victory. But Brazil and Argentina both looked uncertain in their first match. Spain died. Germany's the only real contender that's gotten off to a flying start.

I couldn't expect less from a Fluminense player

i dunno brazil looked better than argentina, no bias here. germany while it looked very good (specially muller), it did benefit from some referee mistakes, or at least dubious calls.

plus, Argentina can play better if they continue the attacking football, and not sit back to compensate for their lacklustre defense

argentina NEEDS messi and aguero at top form. it just can't rely on di maria alone, otherwise they are really fucked up

I couldn't expect less from a Fluminense player

i dunno brazil looked better than argentina, no bias here. germany while it looked very good (specially muller), it did benefit from some referee mistakes, or at least dubious calls.

Brazil were one correct decision and one 50/50 going the other way from the referee away from a 2-2 draw. Argentina at least won the match through their own actions. They were both shit though.

I've not had the chance to see the Germany/Portugal game, but I'm assuming a 4-0 was at least a convincing victory. Though I heard there was a missed penalty?

Edited by Parrhesia

What I felt from Brazil x Croatia is that the only error the ref called was giving that penalty. The disallowed goal was actually a correct decision at least IMO. Anyways, we played better.

Regarding Germany/Portugal, there was a weird penalty 12 minutes in. Then after the second goal Pepe headbutted Muller and got a straight red card, and it's not even 39 minutes in.

2nd half starts yadda yadda a way clearer penalty wasn't given to Portugal when things still were 3-0. Right afterwards the germans score their fourth goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqSehRVwB2Y

Is this really a foul? Julio Cesar does absolutely terribly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMSPrDve4o0

frankly this was a foul before the oscar goal too, if we're saying the above is, good strike though

Brazil need to improve (and Argentina too) - Mexico and Cameroon are probably easy games, but I don't see them getting far otherwise.

Germany had it easy because of Portugal's actions. Admittedly I didn't see the entire game, but they seemed to dominate even without the referee calls. Pepe was gonna be sent off every day of the week, though.

Also no love for Holland as contenders?

Edited by Tryhard

I can't comfortably say that Germany is amazing. It just felt more like Portugal was throwing.

I'm not exactly rooting for them, but I do hope that the US/Portugal game on Sunday is a game worth watching. Brooks does need the international opponent practice tho...

If the US manage to grab a draw from Portugal, I think it's fairly certain the US would go through provided they don't lose to germany by more than two/three goals and Portugal don't decimate Ghana.

Edited by Tryhard

If the US manage to grab a draw from Portugal, I think it's fairly certain the US would go through provided they don't lose to germany by more than two/three goals and Portugal don't decimate Ghana.

that's an awful lot of ifs there

that's an awful lot of ifs there

you can't expect an easy ride with Portugal and Germany in the US' group

that or you could win against Portugal and automatically go through

Well, it DID look like a foul on JC there, just like Van Persie fouled Casillas on Netherland's 3rd goal.

As for Oscar's goal, Ramires does a really hard tackle, but he gets the ball first.

Anyway, fuck Julio Cesar he has lettuce hands.

And USA could tie with Portugal, but OUTDOOR is fucked and Dempsey got fucked up too right? At least the portuguese side has their fair share of hurt/expelled players...

ANDPLEASE DON'T HYPE BELGIUM FUCK THEMMMMMMMMMMMM

Well, it DID look like a foul on JC there, just like Van Persie fouled Casillas on Netherland's 3rd goal.

As for Oscar's goal, Ramires does a really hard tackle, but he gets the ball first.

Anyway, fuck Julio Cesar he has lettuce hands.

I dunno maaaaan I think they had a case

regardless it's now done and croatia are probably still going to finish second in their group bar catastrophes.

julio cesar is lulzy, makes me appreciate good goalkeepers

Edited by Tryhard

It's :Belgium: really that good?

I've read that the footballers are more worth than the footballers from the :England: team.

And honestly I only know very few players of this team.

The most famous would be their coach Marc Wilmots.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Belgium is, according to FIFA and PES players around the world, better than England. While they COULD do a better campaing due to an easier group, I'd say England is a bit better, even though both ain't worth much.

Some of them Belgium key players are Kompany, Hazard and Lukaku. All of them play in the Premier League - Kompany for Manchester City, Hazard for Chelsea and Lukaku for Everton (though he is on loan from Chelsea).

Belgium is, according to FIFA and PES players around the world, better than England. While they COULD do a better campaing due to an easier group, I'd say England is a bit better, even though both ain't worth much.

Some of them Belgium key players are Kompany, Hazard and Lukaku. All of them play in the Premier League - Kompany for Manchester City, Hazard for Chelsea and Lukaku for Everton (though he is on loan from Chelsea).

Kompany played also in Germany like van Buyten and De Bruyne still do. These are the only ones, I know.

Marc Wilmots was a legend for Schalke 04 in the 90s. The fans called him "Kampfschwein"="Fighting pig"

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Wilmots is prolly the best Belgian player ever, he gave us a bit of trouble in 2002. BTW that Belgian squad was miles better than this one.

belgium said fuck you in the last 20 minutes

struggling against algeria

fuck THEM