Why Isn't There an Ignis Tome?

This just occurred to me now. Seeing as how, there's a weapon in relation to an attack skill for all of the other weapon choices, this being an exception struck out to me as odd

Then again, considering how Ignis is gained from a class that only Robin (And his/her offspring) could have, I may just be shooting myself in the foot

This just occurred to me now. Seeing as how, there's a weapon in relation to an attack skill for all of the other weapon choices, this being an exception struck out to me as odd

Then again, considering how Ignis is gained from a class that only Robin (And his/her offspring) could have, I may just be shooting myself in the foot

It could also be that Sol/Luna/Astra are based off of the lances of a similar name in FE Gaiden. No skills back then, but the idea was the same.

well...

in japanese Ignis is actually something about cherry blossoms i believe so that might be it.

Ignis is also latin for FIRE so we already do have one either way.

That doesn't surprise me, since when ignis is activated the effect looks like a splash/explosion of cherry blossoms.

Why didn't they make an Aether one either, then?

Instead of getting all pissy and jumping down the devs' throats for this (as opposed to any of the other much more pressing and valid problems with the game), maybe you guys should stop to consider that Ignis is a special skill for your MU (AKA tactician classes), just like how Aether is Lord-specific. (And before you bring up the fact that all the Einherjar can get Tactician and therefore Ignis: I don't care. I'm just talking about the 'regular' 1st gen character units, which get like 3 class sets and can't get Ignis unless they get it FROM your tactician.)

When all the other regular-unit procs (except Lethality, but I don't hear anyone bitching about that one) are represented, who cares really? Why does this even matter?

Edited by BANRYU

Instead of getting all pissy and jumping down the devs' throats for this

This is way out of place. Absolutely nobody is getting pissed or jumping down dev's throats. The op said the found it "odd". I don't picture that as flipping out and planning to burn down the dev's houses or anything.

This is way out of place. Absolutely nobody is getting pissed or jumping down dev's throats. The op said the found it "odd". I don't picture that as flipping out and planning to burn down the dev's houses or anything.

...yeah, agreed, I guess that was pretty uncalled for. Sorry.

For some reason I felt like there were more people saying 'why didn't they put this in' then there actually were. ~___~ You're right, totally uncalled for.

I'm sure we all do it at some point or another, so thanks for admitting to it.

As for the question, they probably didn't think it was necessary or it was on the list but never made it into the game. However, as to whether or not it would be good in the game, I feel like too few magic users have the strength to use it well, and it would just be used as a stronger basic tome.

Why didn't they make an Aether one either, then?

If Aether went on anything, it could only be on Ragnell.

As for the question, they probably didn't think it was necessary or it was on the list but never made it into the game. However, as to whether or not it would be good in the game, I feel like too few magic users have the strength to use it well, and it would just be used as a stronger basic tome.

That problem is hardly unique to a hypothetical Ignis tome when every single legendary weapon is overshadowed by Braves- Ignis would mostly be used for fun, just like the rest of them.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

IIRC the Japanese name was Magnificent Flame anyway.

that's one possible interpretation, but the first kana uses can mean both that and "flower". considering that ignis-proc blows set off a show of flower petals, i'd imagine the latter interpretation is more prominent

If Aether went on anything, it could only be on Ragnell.

I wasn't really intending to say that Aether SHOULD be made into a weapon, but for what it's worth, yeah I agree lol.

that's one possible interpretation, but the first kana uses can mean both that and "flower". considering that ignis-proc blows set off a show of flower petals, i'd imagine the latter interpretation is more prominent

Or maybe it was intended to be a dual meaning. Why rule that out?

Edited by BANRYU

Once could imagine how that would even look like. Firing burning flower petals at enemies...

...yeah, agreed, I guess that was pretty uncalled for. Sorry.

For some reason I felt like there were more people saying 'why didn't they put this in' then there actually were. ~___~ You're right, totally uncalled for.

I'd also like to point out that I made a disclaimer about that. But nevertheless, all is forgiven

It could also be that Sol/Luna/Astra are based off of the lances of a similar name in FE Gaiden. No skills back then, but the idea was the same.

Wait, really? Wow.

I'd also like to point out that I made a disclaimer about that. But nevertheless, all is forgiven

Wait, really? Wow.

Yeah, but I definitely overreacted. Sorry. v.v and thanks. =w=

I was a little surprised to find out about the FE2 weapons as well, though I think yeah Vengeance was never in there.

In any case, the skill-weapons that they incorporated seem reasonable to me (one for each physical weapon type.)

That problem is hardly unique to a hypothetical Ignis tome when every single legendary weapon is overshadowed by Braves- Ignis would mostly be used for fun, just like the rest of them.

I also don't think Brave Weapons should be so readily available, considering how useful they are. But its true, braves make them all pointless, unless you're tight on money.

Well, given that Ignis appeared with Awakening, couldn't MU be considered the canon creator of the Ignis skill, and thus with no time for an Ignis tome to even exist?

Yeah, but I definitely overreacted. Sorry. v.v and thanks. =w=

I was a little surprised to find out about the FE2 weapons as well, though I think yeah Vengeance was never in there.

In any case, the skill-weapons that they incorporated seem reasonable to me (one for each physical weapon type.)

Vengeance wasn't there because axes were shit in FE at that point. You've a point though, but the idea is the same.

Sairi should have gotten that freaking skill. I mean seriously she doesn't shut up about how nice her totally not China Japanese country is.

Say'ri:

'Tis a tree called the cherry. The pink you call out are its blossoms, not its leaves.

Robin:

Interesting. I've never seen one like it.

Say'ri:

It's unique to Chon'sin and blooms but briefly once a year.

Robin:

It must be quite a sight.

Say'ri:

It is a dearly-beloved symbol of my people.

Speaks in super archaic samurai girl speech...

"Sakura"

Hmm... totally not Japanese.

Edited by shadowofchaos