why do i keep double-posting

i mean it's like I'm all about the stream of consciousness idk man it just happened

I figure it will probably cease to be a thing in my posting at some point - like my sudden obsessive overuse of hyphens in sentences like this one, it's probably no more than a fad.

What are typing quirks you've picked up and then dropped off, lads

Edited by Parrhesia

Semi-Colons, I've been using them all of the time; I just realized my post in the QOTD had like two semi-colons concurrently with no other punctuation in between. Had to fix that because it was bugging the hell out of me when I realized it!

I used to have that problem, but brevity is the soul of wit...OK, actually I just got really fucking lazy.

I'm the same as shytende. Concision and I... we do not do well together.

And I can completely understand double posting to add onto previous thoughts or simply by accident. I've done it a few times; sometimes I report myself to ask for it to be fixed, sometimes I leave it and hope no-one notices.... And sometimes I feel like double posting should be allowed, but I suppose that would make deciding what constitutes excessive multiple posting too subjective.

Well as long as you aren't triple(+) posting I suppose =D

Strikethrough~!

Small font~!

Strikethrough small font~!

~!

Lately I've been using parentheses a lot! I'm trying to pay more attention to that so I don't use it too much ^o^

... Wait, "dropped"? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Freohr Datia

Hyphens and semi-colons are great.

I don't use hyphens nearly as much as I used to, though.

Yeah when I actually bother to punctuate I use semicolons

Normally I don't bother to punctuate much except for 'postrophes and shit though

I punctuate when I'm going for a more serious tone and also my level of swearing drastically decreases even if I'm increasing in annoyance level I have no clue why

I used to use dashes to form run-on sentences, frequently. Actually, I still do tend to use long sentences in formal writing. Also I don't often double-post but I edit a lot of my posts (actually, my editing rate may be down because I think I write fewer long posts than I used to...).

Edited by SeverIan

• 2 weeks later...