E3 2014

Anacybele

So, this year's E3 is less than a month away now, I think. So it's high time for some discussing, speculating, and hoping on it. ^^

Oh, and by the way, in case some people here don't know, E3 is called so because its real abbreviation is EEE, which stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo. I didn't know this the first time I learned of E3, so I just thought I'd point it out. :)

Anyway, surprisingly, there's not much I'm really really hoping for this year. I just want some awesome surprises for the most part from Nintendo. I don't really follow anyone else either, though I've played games from other developers many times. It's just that no game company has earned my praise and respect like Nintendo has. So yeah, here's my little list for 2014. :P

- Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS stuffs, lots of it. Newcomers, veterans, stages, more features, whatever! ^^ (Please show Ike, please show Ike, please show Ike! <3)

- Zelda Wii U (come on, we know it exists, so obviously it's gotta be shown! And it's Zelda. :3)

- A Galaxy-esque 3D Mario title. The Super Mario Galaxy games are among my favorite non-Fire Emblem games ever. 3D World is amazing and fun, but I'm ready for another Galaxy-like 3D Mario!

- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. SERIOUSLY. WTF is going on with this one? We saw a teaser trailer for it well over a year ago and we've heard nothing else since. :(

- A new FE. Though FE is almost never shown at E3 for some reason, so I know this is a bit of a stretch. Awakening sold really well though, so maybe that's made IS want to make a new game already and showcase it at E3. I'd stick with the 3DS since the Wii U still needs to pick up the pace, but eventually I want a Wii U FE too.

And of course, cool surprises. That's really it. A Wii U Pokemon title would be lovely though, maybe a Stadium-like game with Battle Revolution's trainer customization. ^^

Oh, I'd love another Luigi's Mansion game, this time on the Wii U, but since Luigi just had a whole year to himself, Nintendo might want to take a break from all the Luiginess. lol

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Zelda Wii U (come on, we know it exists, so obviously it's gotta be shown! And it's Zelda. :3)

Thing is, they'll probably show that Hyrule Warriors game instead...

Or both.

I'd like to see some actual Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire gameplay, that ten-second snippet they showed yesterday hardly amounts to anything.

I need more info on Assassin's Creed Unity.

I really hope we get some closure to Connor's story from it, whether he makes a cameo in it or is the player character himself, since he'd be alive during that time anyway (French Revolution). I'd prefer him to be the playable character instead of Yet Another White Dude anyway, especially since I've been rooting for Shao Jun to get her own game for a while (at least there's always another AC next year, right?). The lack of a new number historically meant a recurring assassin rather than a new one, and the glimpse of the assassin's profile view in the trailer did resemble Connor, so I'll be rooting for him until the reveal.

More stuff on the other AC would be great, too. There's next to no info on that one :c

Or both.

Wasn't Nintendo close to showing Zelda Wii U at E3 2013, but they ended up leaving it out? In any case, it's likely to be shown this year.

Edited by DragonLord

I'd like any other fire emblem game(it's around time for fe14), Plus i want to be pleasantly surprised by something entierly new, i often end up liking the game that i did not know in advance that i wanted much more than the ones that i wanted in advance. Many of the games that i love most today were essentualy introduced to me out of the blue.

Or both.

I'm pretty sure [i have no idea how to spell his name, Aonama? No] said that he'd have something to show for E3. Anyway, apart from that, I'd be really happy with a new first-person Metroid on the Wii U or a 2D Metroid on the 3DS. Gameplay of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire would be awesome, gameplay on Batman: Arkham Knight would be even more awesome, whatever the new Assassin's Creed is, MGSV, anything on a new Fire Emblem, anything new on Super Smash Bros. 4, and hopefully some surprises. I'm generally really hyped for Zelda Wii U though.

Edited by Knight

His name is Eiji Aonuma. lol

And I thought Hyrule Warriors was supposed to be out real soon? If I recall right, it was supposed to come in the first half of 2014. o.O

I want to see more stuff for Hyrule Warriors, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U, and SMT/FE. I'd also like some new announcements, like a new Fire Emblem and Star Fox. Also maybe perhaps some Virtual Console announcements, like localizing Mother 3 and Roy's FE through the eShop :3 but that's just wishful thinking lol.

i know this is primarily a nintendo-oriented forum but really I couldn't give much less of a fuck what they do, the fact that they've decided they're too good for actually showing up for E3 two years in a row speaks for itself, as well as several poor business decisions

as long as I can see some cool games I'll be happy

Edited by Tryhard

Two years in a row? I only recall them not appearing last year. :/

And Nintendo chose not to show last year because they were up against Sony and Microsoft's new consoles. Nintendo had already released the Wii U.

I call fake. Nintendo wouldn't do this bullshit two years in a row. They have no reason to.

ok, it's NOT complete bullshit, since a lot of people love smash bros to the hall of origin and back, so there is a reason to, given that it seems nintendo is finally recognizing the huge smash community. it seems really likely to me at least, but we won't know until it happens.

It still doesn't sound like Nintendo to me. They care a lot about their fans, why would they stop talking to them? So it's all fake. Those other sites just mistakenly picked up on a false article.

EDIT: What does Smash Bros. have to do with this?

Edited by Anacybele

It still doesn't sound like Nintendo to me. They care a lot about their fans, why would they stop talking to them? So it's all fake. Those other sites just mistakenly picked up on a false article.

hm, thought you were responding to the article about nintendo holding a smash tourny instead of having a briefing.

Why can't they hold a tournament and still have a briefing? Fans have been able to try out new games after briefings before.

And the mentioning of the tournament is probably to make it look real.

i know this is primarily a nintendo-oriented forum but really I couldn't give much less of a fuck what they do, the fact that they've decided they're too good for actually showing up for E3 two years in a row speaks for itself, as well as several poor business decisions

as long as I can see some cool games I'll be happy

While they are not having a live conference, they're still having directs that are shown at E3 (iirc) and they will have booths on the show floor plus a Smash tournament (plus ssb4 in various Best Buy across the States)

And I read some article on gaming websites that said that this was a good strategy since not everyone can make it to E3 and having directs allow them to reach all their fans directly, without having to go through news outlet that have been a bit to critical of Nintendo lately IMO (for example, regarding the whole homosexual relationship debacle in Tomodachi Life, news outlet are saying far and wide that Nintendo patched the ability to have same-sex couples, while they actually patched a game breaking bug that allowed, in part, to make same sex relationship possible).

I personally don't think not having a live conference is that bad.

They're not lying and there's no fake article. Nintendo announced themselves that while they will have booths and games available on the show floor at E3.

Yeah okay I can't handle you right now.

While they are not having a live conference, they're still having directs that are shown at E3 (iirc) and they will have booths on the show floor plus a Smash tournament (plus ssb4 in various Best Buy across the States)
I personally don't think not having a live conference is that bad.
Yes, I think they are having their standard direct.
Personally, I would rather they show up, but there you go.

Yeah okay I can't handle you right now.

Yes, I think they are having their standard direct.
Personally, I would rather they show up, but there you go.

Living in Canada, I personally don't really see the difference between watching a direct or watching a live broadcast of a conference.

how would not being live hurt nintendo? we're still getting the information.

see above