E3 2014

Anacybele

hi E3

GIVE ME THE LAST GUARDIAN

I don't even care if it switches generations, I bought one console for it and I'll buy another lol.

Edited by Tangerine

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently Nintendo are having two 90-minute conferences, one to discuss Smash, and one to discuss an "unannounced 3DS game". I'm really curious to know what it could be. That's a lot of time to devote to one game, so it's obviously something big. Majora's Mask remake or something Pokémon related?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/nintendo_hosting_two_big_evening_presentations_at_e3

New Metroid?

Star Fox?

FE14?

Something completely new?

90 minutes of SSB4 and a new game? Yaaaay. :D

But I hope this isn't ALL Ninty is planning on doing for E3. They always talked about way more than just two games. :/

I'm looking forward to some MGSV Phantom Pain stuff the most. Ground Zeroes was a pretty brutal experience at some points despite its brevity, so if the Phantom Pain is just a lot more of that it's going to be quite a show on that part. I'm also interested in what 90 minutes of Smash could have... probably a few character announcements, but I feel like 90 minutes might almost be pushing it?

So wait, are these two 90-minute conferences separate from the previously announced video stream? If so, are these going to be broadcast at all, or do we have to hear about them later?

And while I would love a MM remake/3D upgrade, wouldn't it be odd for them to devote a 90-minute conference to something like that instead of a new game?

Apparently they're private press-only conferences. If you recall Skyward Sword was first announced at a similar meeting, where they showed that first piece of art with Link and Fi.

A remake might not be important enough, yeah. I have no idea what else it could be. Metroid seems a little unlikely, if it were a Wii U game I could believe it, but not for 3DS. I doubt it's a new Zelda, and Mario would be too underwhelming since they've already been relying on that franchise too much recently. Pokémon titles usually get announced on their own...

I honestly don't know. @.@

Edited by Owain Dark

Apparently they're private press-only conferences. If you recall Skyward Sword was first announced at a similar meeting, where they showed that first piece of art with Link and Fi.

A remake might not be important enough, yeah. I have no idea what else it could be. Metroid seems a little unlikely, if it were a Wii U game I could believe it, but not for 3DS. I doubt it's a new Zelda, and Mario would be too underwhelming since they've already been relying on that franchise too much recently. Pokémon titles usually get announced on their own...

I honestly don't know. @.@

New Golden Sun Game! Would be awesome, but there's no way Nintendo would consider that important enough for a 90-minute conference, even on the unlikely chance that they decide to give Camelot the go-ahead to make one after Dark Dawn's low sales.

Possibly a new IP?

Or, maybe a "Nintendo All-Stars RPG" sequel to Super Mario RPG, collaborating with Square Enix to bring back Geno. Admittedly, this is not much more likely than a new Golden Sun game getting a 90-minute conference, but it could possibly be the greatest game ever (or the greatest disappointment ever. It could go either way with Nintendo and Squeenix these days).

Or it could just be Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and Nintendo forgot that Game Freak already announced those.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

^ But again, are remakes worth spending 90 minutes over? I did think about Pokémon Z, but yeah, something tells me it's not Pokémon. Golden Sun also crossed my mind but I agree with you. :(

New IP is possible. Or maybe a reboot of an old franchise? Sort of like Kid Icarus, since that was received pretty well.

^ But again, are remakes worth spending 90 minutes over? I did think about Pokémon Z, but yeah, something tells me it's not Pokémon. Golden Sun also crossed my mind but I agree with you. :(

New IP is possible. Or maybe a reboot of an old franchise? Sort of like Kid Icarus, since that was received pretty well.

I can't think of any single title worth 90 minutes of presentation for. Not even 60 minutes. The best I can think of is a new Metroid game... unless the feature isn't a game, but some new fangled hardware/software thing.

I don't know if you guys know this but here's Nintendo's E3 Lineup

Smash 3DS release date: July 18 2014

-Smash Wii U release date: December 2014

-Pokemon Omega Sapphire and Alpha Ruby release date: November 2014

- Bayonetta 2 release date: August 14 2014

- Shin Megmai X Fire Emblem release date: August 29 2014

- X From Monolith Soft release date: September 12 2014

- Third Party Games Lineup: Various

- Wii U virtual Console: Gamecube Lineup:

Super Smash Bros Melee

Luigi's Manshion

F-Zero GX

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Kart Double Dash

- Hyrule Warriors release date: June 27 2014

-Mario Party U release date: Holidays 2014

-Yarn Yoshi release date: October 2014

-Metroid 3DS release date: November 2014

Pokken Fighter release date: Spring 2015

-Star Fox U release date: Holiday 2014

New Legend of Zelda release date: TBA 2015

I don't know if you guys know this but here's Nintendo's E3 Lineup
Smash 3DS release date: July 18 2014
-Smash Wii U release date: December 2014
-Pokemon Omega Sapphire and Alpha Ruby release date: November 2014
- Bayonetta 2 release date: August 14 2014
- Shin Megmai X Fire Emblem release date: August 29 2014
- X From Monolith Soft release date: September 12 2014
- Third Party Games Lineup: Various
- Wii U virtual Console: Gamecube Lineup:
Super Smash Bros Melee
Luigi's Manshion
F-Zero GX
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart Double Dash
- Hyrule Warriors release date: June 27 2014
-Mario Party U release date: Holidays 2014
-Yarn Yoshi release date: October 2014
-Metroid 3DS release date: November 2014
Pokken Fighter release date: Spring 2015
-Star Fox U release date: Holiday 2014
New Legend of Zelda release date: TBA 2015

Is that list official?

I saw a screenshot taken from a cellphone of this list, but it could easily have been a fake.

Yeah, anyone with a computer, Microsoft Word, computer paper, and a printer could forge that list in the photo. I could have made it. lol But of course I didn't. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Easily fake. There's no way such information would be released early. SMTxFE and Hyrule Warriors release dates are also way too early considering how much we've heard of them.

EDIT: I am also quite saddened to see (from the SSB4 topic) just how many people fell for it.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Continuing discussion from the Smash thread:

Not really, Mario Paint had more than just a few drawing tools. It had a music composer, bug swatting game, stamps, and even an INTERACTIVE TITLE SCREEN. Art Academy doesn't have any of this.

But that doesn't mean it can't have those features in future entries or even patch them in (save maybe the Bug-Swatting game which would be better released standalone as a cheap eShop game). The bottom line is that Mario Paint and Art Academy are both drawing apps which cover the exact same niche and purpose and Nintendo seems to have established AA as the go-to series when it comes to a drawing app, starting on DSi and getting ongoing entries on 3DS and Wii U.

I'm not saying Mario Paint can't happen, but right now it seems redundant and hardly a priority, specially with Wii U in need of a more varied line-up.

I also love how you say INTERACTIVE TITLE SCREEN as if it's this ground-breaking feature that's exclusive to Mario Paint.

Also why do Star Fox U and Metroid 3DS not have titles when they're apparently coming out in November? And gotta love "third-party games lineup" - lacks specifics because you can't just guess at that stuff. And no new IPs?

"New Legend of Zelda" All aboard the roflcopter.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

And a new Mario Paint could add more features to further differentiate it from Art Academy. Nothing says that a new one has to be exactly the same as the original except with shinier graphics.

As for the title screen thing, Mario Paint is the only game I've played that had an interactive title screen. I wouldn't know of any others, so if there are, I knew not that they existed.

And a new Mario Paint could add more features to further differentiate it from Art Academy. Nothing says that a new one has to be exactly the same as the original except with shinier graphics.

Of course not, but the point I'm trying to make here is that when it comes to drawing apps, Art Academy has pretty much all the basics covered. We could eventually get one (which I doubt), but for now, it's not a priority Nintendo should follow.

Although I agree with you on Pokemon Snap. Seems tailor-made for Gamepad play.