E3 2014

Anacybele

Who says I'm going to repeat this in the future? I know I sometimes say something offensive without realizing, but that doesn't mean I'm a horrible monster. You guys act like there's not a single nice bone in my body. And I'm hurt. Deeply.

Not a big deal until it hits close to home, eh?

Well, now you know how most people here felt with your comments.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I think it's time this was taken to PM. As it's getting rather personal and way off topic.

Carry on with E3 discussion peeps and pay no mind to the conflict above. I don't wish for any more trouble to happen here. E3 is supposed to be an exciting time of year, not a sad one.

Okay, I think it's time this was taken to PM. As it's getting rather personal and way off topic.

Carry on with E3 discussion peeps and pay no mind to the conflict above. I don't wish for any more trouble to happen here. E3 is supposed to be an exciting time of year, not a sad one.

Hahahahahahahaha.

And simply ignoring it will make the problems just disappear.

Dream on.

See?

No effort to change.

I told you so.

This is why.

You don't listen.

Some of the comments you get are uncalled for, true, but the way you act just screams "HURT ME."

As for E3, a Majora's Mask remake would be cool, as I never played the original game.

More news on the SMT x FE crossover would be great, too.

A new FE game would be even, better, and one should be announced this year, maybe? With the series' 25th anniversary around the corner...

But I seriously don't expect that at E3.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

While a new FE would be nice and appreciated, I don't think we can assume we'll get some news about it because the 25th anniversary is around the corner *cough* Metroid *cough*

I'll be more disappointed than usual this year if there's no Majora's Mask remake announced. I'm kinda expecting it after the rather obvious tease from Nintendo in A Link Between Worlds.

I never liked Majora's Mask much, so it never mattered to me whether or not they remade it. Besides, I'm starting to get tired of remakes. First OoT and then TWW, and then a game that isn't a remake, but plays heavily off of ALttP. I'm ready for something totally new in Zelda, plz. xP

Can't say I'd care too much about a Majora's Mask 3D seeing as I don't like Zelda much.

Mario Galaxy 3D would be my life though. Mix up the Galaxy formula (HUB world, star collecting, beating Bowser, etc) with Mario 3D World mechanics (use of touch, sound and... I think gyro was used too. If not use it. Multiple characters would be pro. Mario, Luigi, Captain Toad, Yoshi and Rosalina as playable would be the best setup ever if you have to save Peach)

Or do Super Rosalina Sisters seeing as it's the only thing missing from her resume

^That would be cool, especially if Daisy is playable too, but unfortunately, Nintendo stated awhile back that they have no plans for another Galaxy game. It's why I said Galaxy-esque. They said it would be extremely difficult after having done the first two, and I can understand why. It's hard to explain, so my apologies for not being able to do so.

I never finished MM, so I wouldn't mind a remake, honestly.

As for a new 3D Mario, I really think Mario needs a break this E3. We've gotten plenty of the guy as of late, and as much as I love mainline Mario games, announcing another feels like oversaturating it. We can wait one or two years more.

I think Wii U is a good time to remake FE4 and FE5. I would definitely welcome that to go along SMTxFE.

I initially disliked MM a lot when compare to OoT, but replaying it recently made me appreciate that while it doesn't have as much Dungeons as OoT or other Zelda games, the overworld is extremely complex and truly feel alive thanks to the timed events. The fact that you have to replay the same 3 days over and over until you find a way to save the town also added an emotional aspect to the game for me.

To everyone who like Zelda and gave up on MM when they were younger, I think it would be worth it for you to give it another try.

And if it wasn't obvious from this post, I would definitely buy a MM 3DS remake.

Edited by LuxSpes

I've replayed MM a few times over to see if I could like it more, but I just never did. It's nice that the characters have their own schedules and stuff, but I didn't really like the three day system or how few dungeons it had. And I though it was overloaded with side content. I like sidequests as much as the next Zelda player, but the amount this game had compared to main story content was just really ridiculous, imo. I also got bored quickly with almost every part of Termina. And the characters bored me too despite that they actually had a little depth to them, my least favorite being Anju. The one part of the game I really did love though, was Ikana Canyon and pretty much everything in it. That place is amazing and the only reason I'd ever buy a MM remake.

Majora's actually ranks the top of my Zelda list, so I would love a remake.

I would also love to see something new about FE. I think a new game, console or handheld would be cool. If it's a remake, how about a mixing of FE 6-7, with Awakening style gameplay and two generations?

I want to hear something about Metroid so bad too. Of course, this is just a list of what I want and not what will be there.

At the very least, I'm looking forward to all the Smash Bros info.

And Ana continues to be the complete opposite to me in terms of taste. :p

I personally adored Majora's Mask for the characters and the overworld in general, with Anju being my favorite character~ I tend to get really into games with a lot of interesting characters and a fairly expansive world, so not even the lack of dungeons bothers me.

As for other games, I am semi hoping for a new FE title, although I'm not betting on it. I know for sure that ORAS will be talked about it, because Pokemon, and I'm really excited about the 90 minute directs. I hope the unannounced game will be a new IP~

Edited by Kon

Yeah, we're the complete opposite here alright. o.O

I play Zelda for the story, gameplay and the dungeons, mainly. Not so much the characters or sidequests, even though I do still enjoy sidequests sometimes. For me, Skyward Sword did all of these flawlessly for the most part, making it my favorite game in the series. Epic story? Check. Awesome dungeons? Check. Decent number of dungeons? Check. Fun gameplay? Check. I also found its characters entertaining (especially Groose and Pipit. Omigosh I LOVE Pipit) and didn't mind any of its sidequests. I didn't even care that the game was rather linear. I hope Zelda Wii U follows these examples!

I'm not much of a Majora's Mask fan, but I think it's a popular enough game that it deserves a remake for the people who do like it. I probably won't buy said remake myself, especially if it shares the OoT remake's trait of never getting a price drop (Sorry. I've had to buy OoT 3DS three times now (the second time was to replace my first copy which got lost/stolen, the third time was for a gift), and the fact that even a pre-owned copy still costs about $30 is kind of steep), however I think enough people want it that it would be a good idea both as a financial investment and to show that Nintendo cares what their fans want.

Looks like Zelda Musou's 3 different preorder sets are doing well so far in amazon.jp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

But you never know, it could drop in a week.

Hopefully details could be revealed this E3 and chances of these preorder bonuses will come to NA and Europe but I doubt it at this point.

Edited by kingddd

Hey, people doubted that anyone besides Japan would get the FE: Awakening art book or 3DS bundle. But we still got those!

We can always hope, I'd love a figure or something of that Link they made for Hyrule Warriors, that blue scarf is so cool. ^^

This vid shows a graph of the sales number of Mario games. The whole point of this vid is to show that innovative games don't necessarily sell better than less innovative ones

Also these links:

New Super Mario Bros Wii = 27.38 million copies sold

Super Mario Galaxy = 11.07 million copies sold

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 7.21 million copies sold

27.38 > 18.28

all these numbers are from sales up to may 3rd 2014

VGChart isn't a reliable source and plus, do we have any real proof about Super Mario Galaxy series sells worse than New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

And also, I kinda wanted to see more on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, and some of the other games if they get announced and show more stuff on the E3 this year.

VGChart isn't a reliable source and plus, do we have any real proof about Super Mario Galaxy series sells worse than New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Well they're pretty close in this case:

From a top 9 best selling Wii games on Nintendo's Japanese website as of march 31 2014:

New Super Mario Bros Wii = 28.65 million copies

Super Mario Galaxy = 12.22 million copies

Galaxy 2 doesn't even appear on the page and the latest official sales number by Nintendo is 6.36 millions in April 2011

Even if we assume that Galaxy managed to sell enough to reach just below Brawl sales number (which is highly unlikely since Wii support pretty much ended in 2011-2012) and that it sold 12.13 million copies, this added to the 12.22 million of Galaxy 1 are still less than the 28.65 million of NSMBWii.

Looks like Zelda Musou's 3 different preorder sets are doing well so far in amazon.jp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

...you know, I'd love to get Zelda Musou.

But the Wii U doesn't have enough pull for me to drop money for it.

...especially since Smash Bros. shot itself in the foot by making the 3DS version available earlier. Or has that changed?

People seem to think that that was a good business decision, actually. The Wii U version will likely have features not available in the 3DS version since it's a much more powerful system.

I think releasing Smash, a franchise which was always a big moment for Nintendo home consoles , earlier on the 3DS is an horrible business decision if their plan is to sell more Wii Us. People who are on the fence about buying a Wii U might have decided to buy it after hearing about the next smash, but if these people already own a 3DS, there's little reason for them to spend the money for both a Wii U and its version of SSB4, especially since the 3DS version is coming out months earlier.

Edited by LuxSpes

Screw you then. I apologized. Apparently that wasn't enough.

Hahahahaha. Wow. Now I see what the drama was all about.

That is the most stuck up posts I've seen today.

If people don't see your apology is meant and see that you're only going through the motions, the only thing you're harming is yourself.

I think releasing Smash, a franchise which was always a big moment for Nintendo home consoles , earlier on the 3DS is an horrible business decision if their plan is to sell more Wii Us. People who are on the fence about buying a Wii U might have decided to buy it after hearing about the next smash, but if these people already own a 3DS, there's little reason for them to spend the money for both a Wii U and its version of SSB4, especially since the 3DS version is coming out months earlier.

It's a horrible business decision.

At least in my perspective.

I used to be able to drop money on games and systems whenever I wanted due to a certain situation.

Now I'm in most people's situation where the investment and payoff is heavily considered.

Why should I buy a new console for "new features" and shiny graphics when I can get most of the experience playing my friends from a handheld I already own?

And being one of the people with a capture card, can put up the screens on my TV.

Adding onto my unique situation which most people wouldn't care about, why should I deal with a region lock if the voices happens to be locked as well?

JPN 3DS for JPN voices.