E3 2014

Anacybele

WiiU owners need hope; more 3rd party devs who used to support this home console are puling out e.g. Assassin's Creed Unity & Arkham Knight won't be coming, Watch Dogs WiiU's delayed...

Well if Link, tie-wearing ape & Italian plumber can't save the console, a Samus game unveiling at E3 remains the last & final hope, perhaps a 2.5D Metroid?

(doubt it'll be a FPS or 3rdPS if COD Advanced Warfare eventually gets a WiiU version)

I'd rather have a Prime-style/FPA Metroid on the Wii U. The Prime games are some of the best looking games I've seen (as well as being the best game I ever played period), so I would like to see what it would look like on the Wii U.

There is no chance that Metroid will be able to save the console. It's way too niche of a franchise.

The Wii U's life support is Smash Bros. Mario Kart helped way more than any other game (1.2 million sold on the first weekend, plus an overall 80% increase in Wii U sales) but Smash Bros. will hopefully provide a steady stream of income that the console can recover.

I'm afraid that smash's impact on Wii U sales will be lessened by the fact that the 3DS version exist (and that it will be out months before the Wii U version)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid that smash's impact on Wii U sales will be lessened by the fact that the 3DS version exist (and that it will be out months before the Wii U version)

True, but the GameCube controller announcement for Smash Bros. has sent hype for the Wii U version to a level we haven't seen since last E3.

True, but the GameCube controller announcement for Smash Bros. has sent hype for the Wii U version to a level we haven't seen since last E3.

I think fans have always found Smash to be more suited to home consoles too.

One thing I'm worried about is that I've seen post of some smash fan that don't have a Wii U where they state that they'll just get the 3DS version and save themselves the price of a home console (especially if they already own a 3DS). I don't know what proportion of the smash fans these people represent however.

The Wii U would probably need a 3D Pokemon game too.

A Colosseum style game would be nice.

I wish for a Stadium-like game with Battle Revolution's trainer customization. :3 Or a new Pokemon Snap. Or a Pokepark 3. I still need to play more of the second one though... xP

And I'm willing to bet those people don't know the version differences, don't know that the GC controller adapter will exist, or both. I do hope enough people get the Wii U version to help keep the console going though.

Edited by Anacybele

The Wii U would probably need a 3D Pokemon game too.

I think a fighting game is coming soon but they haven't announced it yet.

Unfortunately GameFreak has already vocalized their distaste at making a console Pokemon game, and is apparently the reason they've been absent from the Wii U VC, so it would have to be either one of the spinoff series, or an rpg developed by a different team, similar to XD Gale of Darkness and Colosseum.

But weren't games like Stadium, Stadium 2, Snap, and those GC games really well-liked? I don't see why GameFreak hates making them when they get so well-received. o.O

Sure, Battle Revolution was a flop as far as I know, but I love the Pokepark games!

Well yeah, I agree that the main games should stay on handhelds, but I see nothing wrong with some spinoffs like the Stadium type games, Pokemon Snap, and Pokepark series being made. :/

One thing I'm worried about is that I've seen post of some smash fan that don't have a Wii U where they state that they'll just get the 3DS version and save themselves the price of a home console (especially if they already own a 3DS). I don't know what proportion of the smash fans these people represent however.

And I'm willing to bet those people don't know the version differences, don't know that the GC controller adapter will exist, or both. I do hope enough people get the Wii U version to help keep the console going though.

While I know that three people don't equate to a lot in the long run, my sister, brother in-law, and I all only have 3DS systems, and atm none of us are shelling out $300+ for a Wii U and Smash Bros.. We all have the 3DS version preordered though~

It's not as if none of us want to get the Wii U, it's just too big of a money sink for any of us to reasonably afford. It's along the same reason that I haven't bought an XL to replace my 3DS with the X button being kind of dead, I just can't afford it.

Edited by Kon

Uh, the Wii U isn't $300. I believe mine was about $200. And Smash Bros. will cost $60. Totaling to roughly $260. And I got mine not long after launch. Surely the price has been cut since then, as it happens to all consoles.

Uh, the Wii U isn't $300. I believe mine was about $200. And Smash Bros. will cost $60. Totaling to roughly $260. And I got mine not long after launch. Surely the price has been cut since then, as it happens to all consoles.

Dunno where the hell you got yours, but the standard retail price for a new Wii U today is ~$300.

How would $200 even make sense when the Wii debuted for $250?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

The cheapest I've found was a refurbished 8GB at GameStop for $230. Every other console was $250-$300, with some of them costing even more. The fuckers are not cheap.

Dunno where the hell you got yours, but the standard retail price for a new Wii U today is ~$300.

How would $200 even make sense when the Wii debuted for $250?

What? The Wii was $200 too. I remember being told how much mine cost after I got it as a late birthday present. I don't know where you guys are buying your consoles from, but they're sold cheaper elsewhere.

Wiis or Wii Us? Either way, that's not too shabby. I just remember my parents telling me "this cost us $200, so you better take care of it" for both. xP

But hey, it's better than buying a Microsoft or Sony console. They always run WAY more expensive from what I've seen.

Edited by Anacybele

Wiis or Wii Us? Either way, that's not too shabby. I just remember my parents telling me "this cost us $200, so you better take care of it" for both. xP

But hey, it's better than buying a Microsoft or Sony console. They always run WAY more expensive from what I've seen.

Wii Us.

i thought nintendo was selling refurbished wii us for $200...

They are, but I was only really looking at retail apart from using that Gamestop one as an example,

What? The Wii was $200 too. I remember being told how much mine cost after I got it as a late birthday present. I don't know where you guys are buying your consoles from, but they're sold cheaper elsewhere.

Wii at launch was $250. Your parents either lied or forgot how much they payed, or got you a used one. Or you remember what they said wrong.

Look around the web, Ana:

Amazon. New from $289. Used from $214.

WWHD bundle. $300. I got this one myself.

Mario Kart 8 bundle. $330.

Basic Wii U at launch was $300. Deluxe was $350.

It's only used or refurbished Wii U's that are as cheap as you suggest.

Even basic sets, which seem more difficult to find as I had to specifically search "basic," don't drop under $235 new, with most $250+.

EDIT: The $235 Wii U I found has $23 in shipping, gg.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Both my Wii and Wii U were brand new, I can tell you that much.

They must have made a mistake then, because they don't just lie to me like that and I'm known to have a very good memory.