E3 2014

Anacybele

Yeah, sorry, it's no joke. xP

But I'm super hyped too!! HYPE! Though I'm trying not to be TOO hyped so I don't wind up really disappointed with anything. :P

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is everything Nintendo has planned for the next 3 days.

Nintendo Digital Event – June 10th at 9:00 AM PT

Games for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U “in 2014 and beyond”.

Super Smash Bros. Invitational – June 10th at 4:00 PM PT

Super Smash Bros. tournament.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 – June 10th – June 12th

Nintendo’s Treehouse product development team live-streaming game demos from the E3 show floor. Timings for the event are as follows:

• June 10th – 11:35 AM – 4: 00 PM
  • June 11th – 9:15 AM – 6:00 PM
  • June 12th – 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM

Nintendo Developer Discussion #1 (Press only)

June 10th at 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PT

This event is a Super Smash Bros. presentation followed by a Q&A with director Masahiro Sakurai. It appears Nintendo do not plan to stream this event. Siliconera will be at the event, though, and will report news from it.

Nintendo Developer Discussion #2 (Press only)

June 11th at 6:00 – 7:30 PM PT

A presentation and Q&A session for a “new game for Nintendo 3DS”. No streaming announced for this event either. Siliconera will be at this event, too.

All of Nintendo’s main E3 events can be viewed at their E3 website.

Nintendo Developer Discussion #1 (Press only)

June 10th at 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PT

This event is a Super Smash Bros. presentation followed by a Q&A with director Masahiro Sakurai. It appears Nintendo do not plan to stream this event. Siliconera will be at the event, though, and will report news from it.

Damn.

I just have ultimate respect for the Japanese interpreters for Nintendo.

Like seriously, on the spot translation in front of people, especially at E3.

That unnerves me.

I always like watching it, but oh well.

What I imagine even more sucking is that time zone shifts when traveling east to the United States from Japan.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, I ain't giving up on them. I could never give up on Nintendo. They can bounce back, I know it. And I'm sure every company has a down moment once in awhile. Nobody's perfect, after all.

No-ones saying "Nintendo is doomed" or anything like that.

The Nintendo press conference will probably be as safe as previous years, which is fine for people who are already Nintendo fans, but if you aren't a fan of 1st party Nintendo games, it'll do little to sway you I would imagine. Even if the Wii U was considered a "failure", Nintendo fans were entertained and Nintendo has had 30 years of success and profits for them to dig into anyway, while they pretty much dominate the handheld market. It's just the Wii U has done little in order to convince people that weren't already on board to get a Wii U, and personally I don't think it will.

It's obvious that you (and a lot of other people here) don't care about Sony or Microsoft. Which is fine, but give credit where it's due. I'm sure there were a lot of Nintendo fans that were unconvinced about the PS4 or/and Xbox One, and still are.

"Best" Conference though, how would you judge that if people's tastes in games are subjective though? The presentation? Because from what I saw Microsoft's was pretty good, showing games the whole way through even if they didn't interest me so much.

Nope, it's Eastern. Currently 5:49 AM.

Oh, huh. The Eastern zone is larger than I thought then. xP

But roughly FOUR AND A HALF HOURS YAY. ^^ Somehow, I feel this is gonna be awesome. I just feel it. :3

EDIT: I never said Microsoft and Sony had bad conferences. How could I when I didn't even watch them? I'm just saying people didn't seem particularly wow'd by either of them.

Edited by Anacybele

No The Last Guardian :(.

last guardian is ded

EDIT: I never said Microsoft and Sony had bad conferences. How could I when I didn't even watch them? I'm just saying people didn't seem particularly wow'd by either of them.

You misintepret what I said. People weren't particularly wowed by them because they didn't like the games being shown. Sony's was meandering around the middle. It's not like this is on the same level as the Xbox One Announcement.

To be fair, this is a Nintendo-oriented forum so I expect more Nintendo hype than anything else.

it's a fucking conference for video games, it's gonna be forgotten about in a couple of days just like always