E3 2014

Anacybele

I yelled so loud I'm surprised my neighbors didn't ask if I was okay.

But really though isn't there supposed to be more. I heard a bunch of stuff about Star Fox U and they didn't talk about that. Is there gonna be a bunch of stuff all day?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I yelled so loud I'm surprised my neighbors didn't ask if I was okay.

But really though isn't there supposed to be more. I heard a bunch of stuff about Star Fox U and they didn't talk about that. Is there gonna be a bunch of stuff all day?

They usually keep it relatively short, but there may be more info on the show floor.

Good conference, but pretty much what I expected.

Splatoon looks super awesome.

Is that it? I expected it to be longer, what happened to 90 minutes of Smash and the 90 minute mystery game?

The 90 minutes of Smash is later today and the 90 minute mystery game is tomorrow. :P

I'm most hyped for THAT ZELDA!! DAT OVERWORLD MAN!! And LINK'S ARCHERY SKILLS! Not much was shown, not even a title, but I STILL want to throw my money at Nintendo for this!!! :D

Honestly I think Lucina's image was used to represent Fire Emblem in general with regards to the amiibo thing. There's still a long way off until the 3DS release of SSB4 though, so the possibility of another Fire Emblem character being in SSB4 still isn't dead.

Just keep in mind the amiibo thing is not just for SSB4. It's for Mario Kart 8 too, and a whole bunch of future Wii U games. One of these titles probably includes the SMTxFE crossover, which is probably a better explanation for why Lucina is in that screenshot.

NEW PHANTOM DUST

NEW

PHANTOM

DUST

NEWPHANTOMDUST

I never got a chance to play the original, despite having an original Xbox, was rather rare to my recollection, though I heard it was good. Kind of an obscure one, I've got to admit, though.

I never got a chance to play the original, despite having an original Xbox, was rather rare to my recollection, though I heard it was good. Kind of an obscure one, I've got to admit, though.

Oh dude, it was so cool. The plot was about a post-apocalyptic world covered in a dust that would erase your memories if you stayed in it too long, usually an hour. At the same time, though, it would give people telekinetic powers. So people live underground and then venture above for supplies and such. It's not incredibly deep or anything, but the atmosphere is really phenomenal and draws you in, and the soundtrack is just terrific.

[spoiler=since you seem to be the guy that likes seeing new rules :B]The gameplay starts off simple, but eventually develops into one of those card-game-style games like Lost Kingdoms and Baten Kaitos. You have an "arsenal" (deck) of capsules, released in groups of threes at one position on a map, along with four random ones already mapped to your face buttons. When creating an arsenal, you have thirty open slots, which until you put other skills in are occupied by aura particles. Aura particles are essentially like lands in Magic. During a match you consume them, and they raise your level, and in order to "cast" any "spell" in the game you need to have a specific level. The cool thing, though, is that there are lots of different abilities and different counters to them. So for example, there are optical attack abilities, which tend to be lasers that can curve around obstacles. But, they also tend to be very weak, with low-penetrating power. So someone defending against them can use weak, low-cost shields to stop them easily. This is important because while you only need to be a certain level to use skills, each use of any skill drains an amount of energy based on its level-cost. I guess it's basically like tapping lands in real time.

The game is really quite deep, but while the single-player had a great story it was all about multiplayer with friends and creating awesome arsenals to fight one another. And while there was support for online play, Xbox Live wasn't really that much of a thing, so this was still back in the day when you would be able to punch your friend in the face for being a douche and using some weird tactics. :B

Oh dude, it was so cool. The plot was about a post-apocalyptic world covered in a dust that would erase your memories if you stayed in it too long, usually an hour. At the same time, though, it would give people telekinetic powers. So people live underground and then venture above for supplies and such. It's not incredibly deep or anything, but the atmosphere is really phenomenal and draws you in, and the soundtrack is just terrific.

I have seen a bit of it before, but it does sound cool. I remember why I couldn't find it - it was never released in Europe, and region locking etc. A shame.

Though... I'm still not sure a remake (or reboot... or something) of it would be enough for me to get an Xbox One, considering its without guarantees of its quality at this moment. :P

personally I liked Jade Empire but I don't think Bioware gives a shit

Edited by Tryhard

I have seen a bit of it before, but it does sound cool. I remember why I couldn't find it - it was never released in Europe, and region locking etc. A shame.

Though... I'm still not sure a remake (or reboot... or something) of it would be enough for me to get an Xbox One, considering its without guarantees of its quality at this moment. :P

personally I liked Jade Empire but I don't think Bioware gives a shit

Without spoiling the game, it's almost definitely a reboot. The plot of the first one had some weird twists that make a sequel very unlikely.

And I loooove Jade Empire. It was really unbalanced and short, but it had so much character. Bioware doesn't care about it because the team that made Jade Empire and earlier, thoughtful titles of theirs are mostly gone.