E3 2014

Anacybele

I don't see where it says "invitation only." o.O

"Press have been receiving invitations to two developer discussion events, each scheduled to run for about 90 minutes."

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just says people are receiving invitations. Not that only those people would be able to see what's revealed. That's like saying only the invited players will be able to see the invitational Smash tournament.

There's no word on whether the two conferences will be streamed or not. So far everything points that they won't, though, as Nintendo's official stream programming states nothing will be streamed at the time of the conferences, as seen here. You can bet on people liveblogging and tweeting the conference, though.

Might I add, this isn't something that's new to Nintendo. Back in 2006, the Brawl reveal with Snake was done in a similar conference that was not live streamed.

avmYnTt.jpg

For a bit of context, Zelda Williams is Robin Williams' daughter, and they're both big fans of the Zelda series.

If I had to guess, she'll be cosplaying as Zelda for the Smash Bros invitational.

It's a good thing she's a fan of the series haha. Wouldn't it really suck to be named after a game series that you loathed?

Well, they better be live-streamed. I don't think it makes any sense for them not to be. Smash is huge, and a lot of people think that that mystery 3DS game is a Majora's Mask remake. These are both things that TONS of fans would love to see.

But if this isn't live-streamed, that's a major let-down. The Smash one was what I was looking forward to the most.

Yeah, but we'll see it in text articles for the most part unless there's more in Nintendo's main thing on Tuesday morning (which I doubt considering the Smash conference is 90 minutes). The only footage we'll see are newcomer trailers. Everything else we'll only get to READ about, not see it in action.

Definitely not live-streamed. Full Twitch schedule here.

Either way I'm not expecting much out of the private Smash conference. It will likely be a Q&A regarding upcoming features of the game, release schedule, and additional footage of the game. They COULD drop a surprise newcomer trailer, similarly to how Wii Fit Trainer was randomly revealed in a public attendance last E3, but I think all the stuff we want to know about, mainly characters, will be shown at the Digital Event on Tuesday.

But at least four unannounced titles from Nintendo are confirmed to be shown! I say get hyped on that!

I'm pretty sure Twitch isn't the only place you can see Nintendo Direct conferences.

SOC: Seriously, which would you rather do? Read about new info in an article or actually see footage of it?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm just gonna say it is disappointing that Nintendo chose to go with that route with their press conferences, but it is their choice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well that's a major let-down, like I said. I just became a lot less hyped for E3. Smash was the one thing I was REALLY looking forward to. Sure, Zelda Wii U and Hyrule Warriors are big and I want to see them, but Smash has been on my mind far more often.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-at-e3-2014-treehouse-streaming-schedule-miyamoto-appearance-and-more/

http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/treehouse

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 is a new way to bring Nintendo fans closer to E3 than ever before. During all hours of E3 – which runs from June 10 to June 12 – members of the Treehouse, Nintendo of America’s Product Development division, will be live-streaming a wide variety of game demos directly from the show floor.

Fans will be getting an unprecedented look at all the E3 games Nintendo has to offer. Instead of reading a short tweet or catching a gameplay trailer, fans can watch live as members of the Treehouse give in-depth gameplay demos of new and previously unannounced titles. There will also be special guest appearances from developers who will provide in-depth game commentary, including an appearance by Shigeru Miyamoto on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 10th.

Keep your browser open to Twitch.tv/Nintendo beginning June 10th to make sure you don’t miss a minute of Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3, and follow @NintendoAmerica on Twitter for announcements about special guests, programming schedules and live updates. Treehouse Live will broadcast:

Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT
Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT

It's going to be a long one.

Edited by kingddd

BpJWpxrCMAAMcRF.png

Funny how Nintendo is the only one presenting on the tenth. I guess the other companies wanted to get out of the way of the Smash juggernaut.

Also lends credence to that MGS tease being Nintendo related.

Funny how Nintendo is the only one presenting on the tenth. I guess the other companies wanted to get out of the way of the Smash juggernaut.

Also lends credence to that MGS tease being Nintendo related.

Nintendo is always the last major company to show off their goods though. The same thing happened last year with Nintendo E3 Direct and the many press conferences before that.

Good thing too, nobody would want to watch 3 or 4 of those bloody things in a single day.

Edited by Knight

Okay, an update, though it's kind of bad news. Remember those unannounced Nintendo titles listed on Twitch's stream schedule? I just heard that three of them were changed to demos. Yeah... :/

Edited by Anacybele

WiiU owners need hope; more 3rd party devs who used to support this home console are puling out e.g. Assassin's Creed Unity & Arkham Knight won't be coming, Watch Dogs WiiU's delayed...

Well if Link, tie-wearing ape & Italian plumber can't save the console, a Samus game unveiling at E3 remains the last & final hope, perhaps a 2.5D Metroid?

(doubt it'll be a FPS or 3rdPS if COD Advanced Warfare eventually gets a WiiU version)

There is no chance that Metroid will be able to save the console. It's way too niche of a franchise.

The Wii U's life support is Smash Bros. Mario Kart helped way more than any other game (1.2 million sold on the first weekend, plus an overall 80% increase in Wii U sales) but Smash Bros. will hopefully provide a steady stream of income that the console can recover.