E3 2014

Anacybele

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii Sports was bundled with the damn Wii, nobody counts that. >.>

Wii Fit, seriously? The only people I see buying that are fatasses who are too lazy to head to a gym or go jogging. Which I'm sure there's a nice number, but a lot of people also actually do jog and go to the gym.

I just don't see why such high rated games would sell poorly. Give me some proof.

I just don't see why such high rated games would sell poorly. Give me some proof.

This vid shows a graph of the sales number of Mario games. The whole point of this vid is to show that innovative games don't necessarily sell better than less innovative ones

Also these links:

New Super Mario Bros Wii = 27.38 million copies sold

Super Mario Galaxy = 11.07 million copies sold

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 7.21 million copies sold

27.38 > 18.28

all these numbers are from sales up to may 3rd 2014

Edited by LuxSpes

Wii Fit, seriously? The only people I see buying that are fatasses who are too lazy to head to a gym or go jogging. Which I'm sure there's a nice number, but a lot of people also actually do jog and go to the gym.

Ever considered there might be Wii Fit players on here? Watch the kinds of things you say. Geez.

Selling less than NSMB does not equal "sold poorly." Even so, ratings are not sales. Across all mediums you can find stuff that is well-rated but sold poorly, or at least not as much as the ratings might suggest.

...That's just totally bizarre. I can see some people thinking that SMG2 is too much like its predecessor, but that applies to every NSMB title too, imo. It also doesn't explain Galaxy not selling as well.

I just can't imagine why they sold so poorly for such high rated games.

Ever considered there might be Wii Fit players on here? Watch the kinds of things you say. Geez.

I honestly doubt that given what the people here are like.

Edited by Anacybele

...That's just totally bizarre. I can see some people thinking that SMG2 is too much like its predecessor, but that applies to every NSMB title too, imo. It also doesn't explain Galaxy not selling as well.

Rating doesn't equal more sales.

Some of my favorite games sold rather poorly, despite being loved by the critics

Metroid Prime who has a score of 97 on Metacritic, putting it on the same standing as Super Mario Galaxy sold 2.82 million copies.

But Mario isn't exactly unfamiliar to people.

The name isn't but when they do thinks like the gravity mechanic and the flud mechanic it tends to shy away most people. You are paying $60 for these games, most people want something they know they will enjoy so they go with the similar things. Why else do the sales on Madden and CoD (except Ghosts) keep on rising?

Call of Duty sells because a lot of gamers in the US like guns, blood, and gore. Madden sells because the NFL is really big too. I myself enjoyed NFL Blitz on N64 back in the day despite that I sucked at it because I love NFL football.

i'd think it's popularity, since if i had to initially choose one of the two, i'd choose a game of the main series instead of a spinoff, since the main series is what would typically be better.

really, ana? that doesn't matter, it's still rude.

It is? I thought it was only a US thing. But I guess a lot of gamers in Europe like guns, blood, and gore too. Which actually rather disgusts me. The sight of things like that make me want to puke. How so many people put up with it is beyond me.

EDIT: Uh, both NSMB and the Galaxy games are part of the main series...

Edited by Anacybele

Call of Duty sells because a lot of gamers in the US like guns, blood, and gore. Madden sells because the NFL is really big too. I myself enjoyed NFL Blitz on N64 back in the day despite that I sucked at it because I love NFL football.

It is? I thought it was only a US thing. But I guess a lot of gamers in Europe like guns, blood, and gore too. Which actually rather disgusts me. The sight of things like that make me want to puke. How so many people put up with it is beyond me.

You should really do a better job of checking your posts for blanket statements and sweeping generalizations. If you asked a random CoD fan why they like the games I bet the answer would not be, "Oh, I like guns, blood, and gore."

You've made it painfully obvious that you haven't the slightest clue what makes games popular.

Who said anything about hating the players? And I can't hate Call of Duty, as I've never played it. Seen some gameplay of it though.

You called Wii Fit players lazy fatasses and essentially called Call of Duty fans disgusting and gross.

I was meaning to call their TASTES gross, not the people themselves gross. There's a difference.

I was rather harsh on the Wii Fit comment though, so I apologize for that.

Wow, screw you too.

Screw you then. I apologized. Apparently that wasn't enough.

hm...

I play Wii Fit, thank you very much.

Seriously Ana, do you even think before you post?

try doing the bolded, ana. apologizing doesn't magically make things go away... people remember this stuff...

I was meaning to call their TASTES gross, not the people themselves gross. There's a difference.

Wow, way to be elitist.

I don't play those games either, but those who play FPSs and the like don't - by any means - have "worse" or "less-refined" tastes than a certain Nintendo fangirl.

Sheesh.

Just because they don't match your ideals and your tastes that you seem to impose on others, that doesn't make them bad.

Open your eyes. There's more to the world than what you currently see.

Screw you then. I apologized. Apparently that wasn't enough.

*ahem*

Let me get this straight.

Apologizing isn't enough if people clearly know that you will make a similar comment or "mistake" in the future.

Keeping it in mind and acting upon it is what is important.

Not saying "Oh, sorry" and thinking that clears everything up.

Just sayin'.

Who says I'm going to repeat this in the future? I know I sometimes say something offensive without realizing, but that doesn't mean I'm a horrible monster. You guys act like there's not a single nice bone in my body. And I'm hurt. Deeply.

I really am sorry for all the times I did this, including now. If you don't believe me, that's on you.

And yes, apparently there is a lot more I don't know about the gaming world than I thought. I made this mistake too. But you know, we all make mistakes.

And at least I'm ADMITTING to my wrongdoings here instead of continuing to be a bitch. I was out of line. And admittedly annoyed that two of my favorite games of all time didn't do nearly as well as I thought. I believe that got the best of me. I believe this is what causes me to unintentionally be offensive a lot of the time. I have trouble keeping any foul mood from clouding my judgement. This is why I try not to talk to people at all when I'm upset... I guess this is much harder to do on an internet forum though.

Who says I'm going to repeat this in the future? I know I sometimes say something offensive without realizing, but that doesn't mean I'm a horrible monster. You guys act like there's not a single nice bone in my body. And I'm hurt. Deeply.

I really am sorry for all the times I did this, including now. If you don't believe me, that's on you.

And yes, apparently there is a lot more I don't know about the gaming world than I thought. I made this mistake too. But you know, we all make mistakes.

And at least I'm ADMITTING to my wrongdoings here instead of continuing to be a bitch. I was out of line. And admittedly annoyed that two of my favorite games of all time didn't do nearly as well as I thought. I believe that got the best of me. I believe this is what causes me to unintentionally be offensive a lot of the time. I have trouble keeping any foul mood from clouding my judgement. This is why I try not to talk to people at all when I'm upset... I guess this is much harder to do on an internet forum though.

Ana, we're not annoying because you made a mistake.

Like you said, we all make mistakes.

It's how you come off that irks me. And apparently others, as well.

And no matter how many times you're sorry - its sincerity included - people really don't give a damn unless you change to reflect that apologetic attitude. You're sorry? Try to change accordingly. If people see you even attempt to do that, I'm sure they'd be more friendly. Or at least I would.

I don't know whether you really are trying or not, but as far as is apparent to me, you aren't.

Of course, an apology is better, but it isn't much if there are no actions to back it up.

Oh, also, saying "we all make mistakes" should never be used to justify your mistakes.

It makes you look lazy and insincere.

"Oh, we all make mistakes. That must mean I can do whatever I want. I mean, we all do, right? I can always just apologize and everything will be fine and dandy, right? RIGHT?! And when I apologize, everyone will just know that I'm sincere and truly mean it and will try to amend my mistakes, right? THAT MAKES SENSE, RIGHT?!"

*sigh*

Edited by Fruity Insanity