Why, XSEED? WHHHHHYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Fruity Insanity

Did we say SC was coming in summer? (looks) Crap, we did!

...Because yeah... I don't see it happening. In fact, I don't think I EVER saw that happening -- far as I knew, it was always planned for much closer to the end of the year. Not sure why we said summer, but... no, I don't think it's going to make summer, I'm afraid. (Not because of FC bugs, mind you, but because it's still being translated and edited!)

-Tom

So yeah.

SC isn't coming out this summer.

I'm sad.

some of us have been waiting longer

tbh I haven't even been waiting that long but still

regardless, that's super sad indeed, I was seriously looking forward to it coming soon >_>;

I mean, I'll play FC and Sen no Kiseki II to bide me in the mean time, but SC is the only new English Trails game I'll be playing anytime soon, so <___<'

It's planned. I don't care if it's planned to come out at my retirement party. As long as it comes to the US of A, I shall be happy!

go improve your japanese already neal

Big question now is... Will we get TC as well?

they said it'll depend entirely on how SC performs

so you better prepare your wallets and spread the word when/if it happens

it'll be fine

I'm going to personally buy like, 100 copies of FC that I will give away to people, including key people who I can trust will enjoy the game and spread the word and who will want to play SC as well, and then purchase another 20 copies of SC as well that I will also give away, while concurrently running other elements of my marketing campaign across the internet

I won't fail

*game face*

*takes this too seriously*

I'm surprised XSEED mentioned Summer in the first place; anybody who's played the game knows that's likely an unreasonable timeframe given how freaking massive it is. Of course, I understand the people who care most won't have played the game yet to know that ^^;;;

I'm surprised XSEED mentioned Summer in the first place; anybody who's played the game knows that's likely an unreasonable timeframe given how freaking massive it is. Of course, I understand the people who care most won't have played the game yet to know that ^^;;;

remember that xseed outsourced the translation to carpe fulgur, though

also, they probably hadn't started running into issue after issue with steam fc

Edited by TheEnd

I'm still mad at XSEED for butchering the Ragnarok Odyssey line. It's sooooooo generic, with a RO skin slapped over it. Even ACE is just an update of the first one, and it's all essentially Monster Hunter anyway (just like all military shooting games are just CoD rehashes).

What's so great about this awkwardly-acronym'd SC (I seriously thought you were talking about Soul Caliber until someone clarified otherwise).

I'm still mad at XSEED for butchering the Ragnarok Odyssey line. It's sooooooo generic, with a RO skin slapped over it. Even ACE is just an update of the first one, and it's all essentially Monster Hunter anyway (just like all military shooting games are just CoD rehashes).

What's so great about this awkwardly-acronym'd SC (I seriously thought you were talking about Soul Caliber until someone clarified otherwise).

trails in the sky second chapter (if you thought sc was an awkward acronym, look at the game's name itself)

because the first chapter ends in a massive cliffhanger, that's why

To expand a little, it's also part of one of best RPG franchises that nobody in the West knows about. Mainly because each game in the series has an insane amount of text.

I still think it's a minor miracle SC is even coming out (or FC prior to it) in English.

Of course, the situation is still less than ideal, given that Japan (and the rest of Asia) is about to enjoy the 7th game soon, while Westerners are still waiting on the 2nd. But, hey, one miracle at a time...

go improve your japanese already neal

I should NIHONGO, too.

Or just find out how to get my hands on Korean TC, Zero, Ao, and FIND A PLACE WHERE I CAN PREORDER SEN AND SEN II, DAMMIT.

;n;

it'll be fine

I'm going to personally buy like, 100 copies of FC that I will give away to people, including key people who I can trust will enjoy the game and spread the word and who will want to play SC as well, and then purchase another 20 copies of SC as well that I will also give away, while concurrently running other elements of my marketing campaign across the internet

I won't fail

*game face*

*takes this too seriously*

Such dedication.

But the fact that they did announce it led me to assume that they had, in fact, their plans in motion...

Apparently not as much as I expected. ;n;

To expand a little, it's also part of one of best RPG franchises that nobody in the West knows about. Mainly because each game in the series has an insane amount of text.

I still think it's a minor miracle SC is even coming out (or FC prior to it) in English.

Of course, the situation is still less than ideal, given that Japan (and the rest of Asia) is about to enjoy the 7th game soon, while Westerners are still waiting on the 2nd. But, hey, one miracle at a time...

Yet China and Korea get it. ;n;

Hell, those three countries are even having a simultaneous release for Sen II.

And here we are, just scraping by with SC...

Yet China and Korea get it. ;n;

Hell, those three countries are even having a simultaneous release for Sen II.

And here we are, just scraping by with SC...

Ouch, I feel ya (and everyone else still waiting)... But honestly I don't think anyone's to blame for SC coming out during this relatively late timeframe (nor the fact that everyone else is so far ahead and we're playing a massive game of catch up).

In an ideal world, some brave Western publisher--with the right amount of manpower and budget--should have started localising the games nearly a decade ago. Presumably that's what happened in China, Korea, etc., where JRPGs (on PCs?) are more popular. Then we wouldn't be so far behind.

Good thing XSEED stepped in and did what those big companies couldn't and brought us FC (plus a ton of Ys games).

Sadly, as awesome as XSEED and Carpe Fulgar are, they're still small companies in the grand scheme of things. I'm just assuming, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're very near the point where they've bitten off more than they can chew with regards to publishing SC.