Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4

Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. How is your reaction that Ike is confirmed for SSB4?

2. 2. Did you expect to see Ike in SSB4?

I actually wasn't a huge fan of how he looked in FE10, but I think his design looks pretty cool in ssb4 so I am satisfied with it~ I'm not even really sure how it's different, even! I just... like it =o

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm STILL tearing up every now and then over this. :3

I mean, I'd been waiting to see Ike since these games were first ANNOUNCED. And he's in at last! :D

Ana, calm down :XD:

But I'm glad Ike's here too. (AND ZERO SUIT OH MY GOD YESSSS).

And I'm not sure if this is true, but my brother kept saying that they would need to balance Ike.

He explained that Ike was a little fast for his strength. After thinking for a while, I actually agreed. Ike has tremendous strength, and he's quite fast (compared to those who have greater or equal strength; I.E. bowser, ganondorf).

So I thought (if Ike was as unbalanced as my brother said) would they keep Ike's strength, but make him slower? Or keep Ike's speed, but make his attacks weaker...? I hope he keeps both, as I really don't think Ike could get any slower. But maybe that's because I use fast characters, like Zero Suit, or Marth, so Ike seems slow in comparison.

And I'm not sure if this is true, but my brother kept saying that they would need to balance Ike.

He explained that Ike was a little fast for his strength. After thinking for a while, I actually agreed. Ike has tremendous strength, and he's quite fast (compared to those who have greater or equal strength; I.E. bowser, ganondorf).

So I thought (if Ike was as unbalanced as my brother said) would they keep Ike's strength, but make him slower? Or keep Ike's speed, but make his attacks weaker...? I hope he keeps both, as I really don't think Ike could get any slower. But maybe that's because I use fast characters, like Zero Suit, or Marth, so Ike seems slow in comparison.

Ike is fine as it he was in Brawl, he doesnt need to be slower, in fact, that would make him completely terrible. If anything, he needs to a bit faster imo.

Also, I literally knew of Ike's return while I was at a tournament lol. I was ok with his return and then i saw his RD look and i went hell yeah! But i wasnt that hyped or anything. After all, I dont main or second him.

I think Ike was at the perfect speed in brawl, and that a lot of the other characters weren't managed that well, and then the brawl physics destroyed them. Ike is fast enough that you shouldn't approach him lazily, but slow enough to not be fast, and his good range sort of makes up for that. But, he has a decent amount of lag on a lot of his attacks, so that balances it out.

Man, I wish I could, but THE HYPE!! lol Especially since E3 is around the corner and Ike not shown using Eruption in the shots we were given could mean he's getting a new move!

Ike does need balancing, as he was fairly low tier in Brawl, but I don't think he needs anymore speed or power. He may be a bit stronger since this is RD Ike now, but besides that, yeah. I think Ike just needs alterations to his moves. Eruption replaced with a projectile like Ragnell's shockwave attack would definitely help. Tweaking Quick Draw so it's a better recovery move would too. Aether is fine as it is. If it got its healing abilities, Ike might be a little too hard to KO. lol He's already a heavyweight!

Ike's slowness is probably based on the fact that while he's generally fast in his games, he's actually one of the slower sword users, even in PoR. Myrmidons/Swordmasters/Trueblades and some mounted units all outspeed him. So him being one of the slower characters in Smash, but one of the fastest heavyweights makes sense.

For more celebration on Ike, guys, let's have some Eternal Bond, aka Ike's theme! ^^ It definitely has to be in the game now, as you just can't have Ike without his epic and badass theme music!

Edited by Anacybele

He's actually Mid Tier as he was deemed too powerful in Low Tier tournaments at one point (dominating low tier tournament results like crazy, he was definetely not a low tier). His jab is a very powerful close up tool, as long as it's as good as in brawl, he will at least already have a powerful CQC tool. His forward air, while having startup higher than most aerials, has a crazy disjointed hitbox that if spaced properly, is actually almost unpunishable. Since he can jab before the opponent closes the gap. I think Aether actually recovering him in some of the hits could be a good change, it's a move that isn't likely to hit anyways.

Edited by PKL

Aether only sucked as a recovery move on certain stages, imo. Namely the ones that were platforms that had dips underneath. It was easy for Ike to accidentally get caught under there using Aether, and all that ever got him was suicide. xP

It's bad on stage, decent offstage in Brawl. Reason for being bad on stage is that the initial hit doesnt have enough range or speed to be a good OoS or pressure reliever like some upbs are and the reward for landing it in relation to the risk for missing it is too high. While it's got a good hitbox offstage and is multi-hit (making it tricky to gimp), his upb does have some issues like marth counter completely beating it and that it doesnt give him that much horizontal boost. Marth can literally counter vs his upb by the ledge and keep hitting him away, it's actually rather sad. Though, of course, there is always a way! If Ike is close enough to the stage, he can reverse his upb so that the sword never hits marth.

Ike's Aether also had a meteor smash, though it was difficult to trigger. Same with Eruption's. In fact, Eruption's was even HARDER to pull off. I only managed it a couple times. And I mained the crap out of Ike. xP

If Aether's meteor smash could be easier to pull off, that'd strengthen the move, methinks.

Ike was generally a meteor smash machine all over. Aether, Eruption, his d-air, and his crouch A all had meteors. Eruption being replaced would take away one, but seeing as its meteor was near impossible to trigger, the loss wouldn't be heavy. Ike would still have three more up his sleeve and if Aether and crouch A got a bit of a boost, he'd have some pretty damn effective KO moves.

Edited by Anacybele

Am I the only one thinking about Ike's VA? Are they going to use Jason Adkins again? I mean.... xP

Edited by Hashuni Mei

Well, after Lucario was confirmed, I definitely wasn't expecting Ike to be removed since they're practically in the same boat. I was all "I could see it going either way regarding Ike going or staying" for the longest time, but seeing Lucario remain playable made me feel "yeah, Ike's chances of being in are good as well."

I'm not particularly psyched or happy about seeing him return though, since I didn't main him and I found his in-battle English voice acting to be annoying. Though it's not like I found his return to be unreasonable or unfair.

Ike's also really handsome. I always thought he was more of a pretty-boy than Marth, but maybe that's just me. 54JlhKp.png

Not a fan of his new muscular build though. I prefer FE9 Ike. The only thing I like about SSB4 art is his face.

I kept staring at his face. But those muscles were so distracting, and... ugly, imo. Still, can't wait until SSB4 comes out!

When I'm alone, I usually play 4-Player matches with myself as Zero Suit (or Peach), Zelda, Ike, and Peach (or Zero Suit). And Nintendo needs to release his artwork thingy with his name on it!

Like so (but with Ike, duh):

oORBzw0.png

I need to add it to my signature, nowwwwwwwwww.

Edited by Carter

I liked Jason Adkins' voice for Ike! It was deep and manly, just how he should sound! He may not be the greatest voice actor ever, but he was good enough, imo. Besides, it's been years since Brawl was done, surely he's gotten even better since then! And actors can improve, ya know. :P

And I've said this already, but I prefer muscle Ike to skinnier Ike. It makes his insane strength more believable, and I think his muscles are sexy. <3

Either way though, the guy is definitely smoking hot. x3

Adkins is gonna stay on, he has always voiced Ike. His voice may be unfitting for some of the lines he spoke but I feel he does well

I always thought Aether was garbage. I mean, as a recovery. It's great if you wanna smack someone til' they bleed.

It really was a bullshit recovery. How many times have i skumped a match cuz of Aether....how many times! Ass!

His B side special was a better recovery.

Ike is pretty great for spanking people around a lot and quickly, in general. I hope he hits just as hard in the new game.

I don't really play SB, but I did first learn of the Fire Emblem series from the game(s) that had Marth and/or Ike (I forget the exact details, it was a few years back), so I did expect to see him back and an pleased to see him again.

I will admit that I am hoping to see someone else from the Fire Emblem series in a game, preferably a different character so there's a change in pace. It doesn't have to be someone from Awakening (though that would be great), but when you have too much of something, you do start to get tired of it a little.

It was a bit of a surprise to me...but a pleasant one. Of course I want Roy and all, but when I look at the grand scheme of things...

We have another FE representative.

That's always good.

And the ridiculously yolked Ike, too.

It's funny. I'm currently on POR. I'm excited for Radiant Dawn.

100% honest here: he's so hot I literally screamed OMG IKE'S BACK AND HE'S SO HOT IT'S HIS SEXY RED SELF AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! RADIANT DAWWWNNNNAADADFAGDDADHKGH!!!

But I wish people stopped whining about his manly pumped up appearance, there are enough pretty boys in SSB, it doesn't hurt to have one less!

It's not like he's a body builder or a gorilla, he just grew up, AND he's both a mercenary and the son of friggin' Greil!! (/)_- )

I feel this is gonna be like the RD Ike whiners all over again... someone save me... (or just give me a RD Ike dakimakura)

Attraction aside, I'm so happy!! I like Ike, even if he's a bit of a Marty Stu and stole Micaiah's role: he still is a cool dude and I love how down-to-earth he is. I thought he was gonna be axed like they did with Roy, but thankfully they kept him and updated his design and made him look supe awesome! Besides, this could mean more Tellius trophies... awwwwwwww yeeeeah!

I know it's stupid to think he'd get axed, but Awakening is very popular now... I thought Chrom was gonna replace him.

I'm still expecting Chrom though, even if I'd prefer a GBA lord, a Jugdral lord or a magic user (all very umprobable); FEA has many fans after all.

Also, I'm thinking that maybe the 3DS version will have more Awakening content, while the console one'll have (hopefully) more general Fire Emblem content; that'd be neat-o.

I agree, Ike's hotness was captured perfectly here!! ^^

That tall frame and awesome messy blue hair... Those pretty blue eyes... Those beefy muscles.... Aaaah. x3

Also, your pretty boy comment reminded me of something funny lol. There's a Brawl taunts video that parodies lots of characters and when Ike appears, he punches this pink blob dude and says "You'll get no sympathy from me, I'm the only pretty boy in this game... BITCH!!" Just...the way he said the b-word LOL. XD

But I agree, I do think Ike is the only sexy handsome dude in the game. Link? Snake? Captain Falcon? They hardly compare. :D (not to mention you never even see that third one's face lol)