petition to delete serious discussion

Darros

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have just gotten to the point and said "Ow."

Norm Macdonald:

A moth goes into a podiatrist's office, and the podiatrist's office says, "What's the problem?"
And the moth says "What's the problem? Where do I begin, man?" He goes, "I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and uh, all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I don't even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness. But I don't know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there."
And the podiatrist says, "Oh yeah?"
And the moth goes, "Yes." And he goes, "Uh, at night I...I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that's on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don't know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the...in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us. And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch... I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I... that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only the cowardice was stronger then perhaps...perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all."
He says, "Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I'm a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I'm not feeling good.
And so the doctor says, "Moth, man, you're troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?"
And then the moth said, "'Cause the light was on."
Edited by jiodi

Norm Macdonald:

A moth goes into a podiatrist's office, and the podiatrist's office says, "What's the problem?"
And the moth says "What's the problem? Where do I begin, man?" He goes, "I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and uh, all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I don't even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness. But I don't know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there."
And the podiatrist says, "Oh yeah?"
And the moth goes, "Yes." And he goes, "Uh, at night I...I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that's on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don't know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the...in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us. And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch... I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I... that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only the cowardice was stronger then perhaps...perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all."
He says, "Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I'm a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I'm not feeling good.
And so the doctor says, "Moth, man, you're troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?"
And then the moth said, "'Cause the light was on."

i recorded this joke for the irc once but i decided not to post it because i'd save them the pain

So I decided to read this whole topic for some reasons.

Wow. That was something indeed.

are you seriously autistic

Please don't makes us autistic folks looks bad.

We all hope we never looks that obnoxious.

Anyway, since videos are better than full length posts.

Much of the "debate" here either go like this :

Or sometime, like this :

I am an elitist. Thank you for pointing that out. Nothing wrong with being much more knowledgeable than other people!

This is literally nonsense. It's too bad you can't admit it. :< Man, do I have to convince my professors to join this forum and tell you you're clueless?

Lol what? It's not my definition. It's the definition everyone is familiar with and accepts. These are just terminological things; there's nothing to disagree with.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/compatibilism/

http://philosophy.tamu.edu/~sdaniel/Notes/96class4.html

http://introductiontophilosophy.com/Four2.html

You are so arrogant and deluded that you even think you can correct professors of philosophy who have been doing this for their lifetimes. The biggest elitist here is you. It's ridiculous here that me and dondon get called elitists when there's someone here who thinks he's better than people with PhDs!

tumblr_inline_n52g9yYhPg1sp7u3t.gif

The Fedora is strong with this one.

sjhM0.gif

omg i love these cup buns. So cute.

So I decided to read this whole topic for some reasons.

Good point (don't shame autism), horrible presentation.

Don't try again.

Edited by Makaze

Please don't makes us autistic folks looks bad.

We all hope we never looks that obnoxious.

Had you not said anything, I wouldn't have known (really).

dondon - Your RL and SF are two different environments, and I'm more interested in the latter than the former. Thus. . .even if it didn't work RL, I'd like to see how well it works here.

I assume that for him it was less about being an autistic person and being made fun of for it than about the word being used as an insult.

my friend has a theory everyone fucking despises exactly one kind of basic spirit

mine's tequila

what's yours

my theory is after a certain alcohol threshold which varies by person it doesn't fucking matter

i'm not too good with scotch though.

Edited by fuccboi

my friend has a theory everyone fucking despises exactly one kind of basic spirit

mine's tequila

what's yours

tequila is so horrible it's an "I can only drink this if I'm very drunk already" drink

mine's tequila

what's yours

That would be "alcohol" - 'cept for sake, FSR.

Dammit, why must I be the exception?! ;/

tequila is probably the worst drink i've ever had. truly disgusting.

now fireball whiskey on the other hand...

i'm new to beer--what are some good ones? pale ale or lager.

Never tasted tequila, and am vaguely familiar with straight whiskey. Next question: What kinds of alcoholic beverages do you enjoy?

Summer's coming up, so now's the perfect time to ask~!

poor college student stoly, so i'll happily drink tequila--but i won't enjoy it until later!

whiskey is tasty, but i only care to drink a lot of fireball. i don't like to drink a lot in general, though.

rum is my go-to liqueur.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

poor college student stoly, so i'll happily drink tequila--but i won't enjoy it until later!

whiskey is tasty, but i only care to drink a lot of fireball. i don't like to drink a lot in general, though.

rum is my go-to liqueur.

Hmmm. . .see if you can find a good dark, stout beer. I'd go to a liquor store (as in, a place that mostly sells booze) and ask them for suggestions. Another place you can try is anywhere that features various local beers (on Oahu, one such place is Kona Brewing Company. . .don't ask about the name, or why it's on Oahu, it has local beer, 'kay?).

Oh, and don't drink warm beer - that's just gross.

Warm beer is like a veritable punch to the gut.

Im a dumb teenager so that means just about anything flies tbh. Frizze is awful though. Its like shitty wine cola.

Speaking of, wine is p great, but getting drunk off good wine is a waste, and carton wines are like poison

I guess ive never been able to down plain fernet comfortably? Like, without coke, it is just plain nasty

mine's tequila

what's yours

Vodka. I love lots of mixed drinks using it, but just the thought of it makes me sick.

One night years ago, my friends and I were getting drinks but we didn't have a lot of cash. So one of them went and got some really cheap vodka and after bringing it back poored it in a quarter empty warm bottle of watermelon Gatorade. Imagine drinking the warmest, foamiest, undiluted riot juice you've ever had. I want to gag after typing this