General music discussion/sharing/recommendation thread

peener weener

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New O'Brother album came out just a few days ago, so listening to it is required. Or not. I just really like them.

[spoiler=(If you didn't want to listen to the whole album) Black Hole - O'Brother]

Saw these guys play yesterday with Foxing, and Tancred. Great show, man. Just a little sad they didn't play this song there, or that ADJY's van broke down, so they couldn't show up...

• 2 weeks later...

For somebody who has taken a liking to Kanye's MBDTF, does it make more sense to keep listening to his highly acclaimed older albums or check out the more dubious later ones instead? I'm not a fan of hip hop, but I've been listening to some of the good stuff because finding good new music in the genres I'm more used to has been rather difficult.

For somebody who has taken a liking to Kanye's MBDTF, does it make more sense to keep listening to his highly acclaimed older albums or check out the more dubious later ones instead? I'm not a fan of hip hop, but I've been listening to some of the good stuff because finding good new music in the genres I'm more used to has been rather difficult.

none of his other work is quite like MBDTF, but then none of his work is much like any of his other work, so you might as well pick something at random. if you're not familiar with hip hop though, i'd recommend checking out some of his earlier music. you might like late registration and the college dropout.

apropos of nothing here's a mashup of "fuck up some commas" by future and "oxford comma" by vampire weekend, i'm dumb and easy to amuse but i'll do better, be well everyone

(and i'd lean late registration as the kanye album to listen to after mbdtf. it's great and it has a bit of orchestral accompaniment so it's probably the closest his other albums get to mbdtf's "grandeur")

apropos of nothing here's a mashup of "fuck up some commas" by future and "oxford comma" by vampire weekend, i'm dumb and easy to amuse but i'll do better, be well everyone

(and i'd lean late registration as the kanye album to listen to after mbdtf. it's great and it has a bit of orchestral accompaniment so it's probably the closest his other albums get to mbdtf's "grandeur")

i don't know about orchestral on the level of mbdtf (stuff like bring me down is for sure tho), but it's definitely grandiose,. and also ,his best album,

Greetings again!

Blackened death metal necromancer HAIDUK returns with a crushing new release!

“DEMONICON”!

Inspired by fantasy books & games. CD booklet features a map and short stories relating to demons from the volcanic fortress of Octavia in the realm of Callost. Check out and comment!

metal crypt [4/5]

metal-rules [4/5]

brutalism [5/5]

canadian beats [5/5]

bravewords [8/10]

blackened death [8/10]

metal trenches [9/10]

pest webzine [8.5/10]

Album Available At:
http://www.haiduk.ca

• 2 weeks later...

Drop everything you're currently doing, and listen to this brand new Radiohead song. Or don't. I won't judge.

[spoiler=Radiohead - Burn the Witch]

Edited by Disinnocence

New album's out this Sunday too, which is really exciting. Good week for music tbh (Death Grips, Radiohead, Aesop Rock, etc.).

I'm really digging the strings and discordant, chaotic endings on both tracks here.

If you are a hardcore STG ( Shooting Game / Shmup ) fan or gamer, then maybe you can answer this question.

https://www.mixcloud.com/AlekseiSTG/stg-playlist-2/

What's the song at the beggining ( 0:00 ) and at the end ( 5:04:10 )?

EDIT: Nevermind, already found it.

Edited by Ercki

New album's out this Sunday too, which is really exciting. Good week for music tbh (Death Grips, Radiohead, Aesop Rock, etc.).

I'm really digging the strings and discordant, chaotic endings on both tracks here.

i bought the special edition for 86 dollars.

ful stop is goat

Edited by Radiant head

As much as I want that special edition, I don't know if I can afford it. We'll see. Not sure on my favorite tracks yet. I'll give it a few more listens.

Anyway, in other recent (music) news, as I said before, Death Grips' new album released this Friday, and I think it was a bit overshadowed by the new Radiohead. New record sounds like sort of like a fusion of all the band's previous records, but retaining an identity of it's own, I guess. It's fantastic.

[spoiler=Death Grips - Giving Bad People Good Ideas]

IF THIS TRACKS DOESN'T GET YOU HYPED THEN YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LYING

[spoiler=chance time]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vyt2Je2Ogw
this song doesn't have a young thug feature but other than that i'm a big fan of it; hummed the thing to myself for like 2 hours to stay awake thru a Formal Event™ tonite. if i gotta shoot off some #takes like premature evaluation i'll say this new tape is my favourite chance tape

• 3 weeks later...

yo, man, i'm a little new to this whole "music" thing, so cut me a little slack, eh?

in all seriousness though, i'm quickly mending my past mistakes ASAP, and hey, i'm only like what? 16 years late?

Anyway, as Youtube ads are making painfully apparent recently, the new Thrice album came out like a week ago, and while the first single didn't do much for me, I can safely say the rest of the album is actually really good. It may not be as good as "The Alchemy Index" or "Major/Minor" imo, but there's enough experimentation and shit for my tastes, so it's all good. I'll rate it 5 "hey, that's pretty goods" out of 5 "hey, that's pretty good."

[spoiler=Thrice - Hurricane]

Edited by Disinnocence

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta admit, I love Skelethon but Aes did a wonderful job with The Impossible Kid.

I've also recently gotten addicted to older albums such as Eardrum (Kanye and Jean both bodied Talib on very good tracks) and The Infamous (knew most of the songs but never actually listened to the album straight through).

And since Eardrum is 10 years old, I can call it old without feeling shame.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest thing The Impossible Kid has over Skelethon is that the beats have improved from it. Don't get me wrong, I like Skelethon a lot, but there's some beats on the record that just rub me wrong. New record does away with any of those annoyances for the most part.

Anyway, for you post-ironic hipsters (like me), The I.L.Y.'s (Death Grips side-project sort of) released a new record, Scum With Bounderies, that's really good, so if you're into that, check it out. You won't regret it.

Edited by Disinnocence

• 1 month later...