Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

This is flavour but I can't see a character serving Marche as part of town

Like the town is literally the GRAN GRIMOIRE CLAN and marche's against it

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "roleblock" I mean "all night actions are prevented, including mafia factional kills".

I can see a couple of scenarios where the mafia kill goes through. Unless the mafia wants to aim their kill at me, then I should be alive to explain this come tomorrow. Crazy theories which end with "but this doesn't say anything about FFM's alignment" are a waste of time IMO.

So this is rather rolescpec/flavorspec-heavy, but I'm pretty sure Ultima is an antagonist in FFT, and hookers are more often scum roles than not, especially so if the hook is stronger. . . did FFM not get assigned a fakeclaim, or are there actually "enemy" characters in town?

This is flavour but I can't see a character serving Marche as part of town

Like the town is literally the GRAN GRIMOIRE CLAN and marche's against it

My character is (loosely) friends with Marche and part of Gran Grimoire, so I would assume Marche is town. Isn't he the main character of the game as well?

A disclaimer, though - I haven't played FFT myself and I'm basing these thoughts off of the FF wiki, so I'm not confident enough to commit to a vote based on FFM's claim alone.

Will post more on non-rolespec stuff shortly.

Because its not modkillable and this is FFM claiming

You know, the guy who claimed vanilla townie ED1 in his last game? I don't think he's very smart when it comes to claiming.

I'm not seeing how a roleblock that affects everyone in the game could help town, because the conditions of my role and presumably others/informed depend on certain things happening overnight. Scum getting access to this seems more advantageous since it prevents these roles from developing.

Non-speculation now:

Shinori's response looks good to me. He explained his thoughts and though I may disagree with his reasons (i.e. voting someone entirely off gut) what he's saying fundamentally makes sense, and considering how early on in the game his post was, his answers seemed to be the honest and intuitive ones.

##Unvote

Regarding Euklyd, I don't think what he's been doing is overly scummy. When I last gave my read on him I thought that his reliance of meta in constructing reads felt odd, but that's the biggest issue I had with him. However -

This looks like a scumslip. (quoting Euklyd)

I think this is something worth considering. I also thought it was a scumslip right after reading it, but then saw how it could've been meant as a joke, suggesting that the ITP reveal itself. However, Euklyd hasn't been cracking very many jokeposts/votes this game so far, and after Prims' not-entirely-serious message to Manix it seemed as though this sort of thing had ceased. I don't think the context affords Euklyd's response, not just because it was presumably a joke/slip, but because he decided to forego exploiting the person PMing him in favor of this dead-end response that would not help him catch the ITP.

##Vote: Euklyd

btw I heavily dislike Marf's inability to differentiate between FFM and Euklyd because their circumstances across the game have been different so it should not be hard to figure out which one you think is more likely to flip scum, even if they both look bad. It's not like we're juggling two lurkers who haven't posted since RVS (shout-out to Polydeuces tho). Town should want to pick one that seems scummier and vote accordingly.

hookers are more often scum roles than not, especially so if the hook is stronger. . .

this is dumb

1) Town Hooker is still entirely plausible

2) Global Roleblock is not stronger for scum because it (typically) prevents them from executing the mafia kill. There have been variants without this problem before, but if FFM is one of these he'd still have to give up his NK to validate his claim, so it still benefits us to let him live until tonight.

FFM proving his role doesn't make him town, but it helps us to let him prove it, since it essentially gives us two lynches in one day.

Shit I fell asleep while ISO'ing and lost the post to my comp running out of battery overnight.

I have to get going pretty soon so more reasons later but rn I find Shinori the scummiest for basically the same reasons as Blade (yeah I know this is lame).

##Vote: Shinori

which reasons are those?

Blade said Shinori looked better do you agree with that as well

FFM your listpost is very vague and surface-y.

Euk: Seems proactive although seems to be spending a little too much time looking into Refa and backtracks a few times. Null.

and now this is complete bullshit this looks like a pathetic excuse to nullread me.

This looks like a scumslip.

dammit Refa stop outing your scumbuddies' slips you're going to get me lynched one of these days

really I can’t tell is this a joke?

what happened to the reread that you promised euklyd???

"it's summertime you need a job"

"which means we're going to work on your resume right now"

"also there are errands for you to do"

"and random stuff as well"

really I don't have much of an excuse for anything right now my play has sucked and I look pretty scummy I'd probably vote me as well at this point.

continuing though.

Not responding to people's suspicions is really scummy.

What sort of response do you expect me to make? I've been acting pretty scummy, how am I supposed to respond?

FFM's claim looks like a townclaim to me.

I'm not seeing how a roleblock that affects everyone in the game could help town, because the conditions of my role and presumably others/informed depend on certain things happening overnight. Scum getting access to this seems more advantageous since it prevents these roles from developing.

Non-speculation now:

Shinori's response looks good to me. He explained his thoughts and though I may disagree with his reasons (i.e. voting someone entirely off gut) what he's saying fundamentally makes sense, and considering how early on in the game his post was, his answers seemed to be the honest and intuitive ones.

##Unvote

Regarding Euklyd, I don't think what he's been doing is overly scummy. When I last gave my read on him I thought that his reliance of meta in constructing reads felt odd, but that's the biggest issue I had with him. However -

I think this is something worth considering. I also thought it was a scumslip right after reading it, but then saw how it could've been meant as a joke, suggesting that the ITP reveal itself. However, Euklyd hasn't been cracking very many jokeposts/votes this game so far, and after Prims' not-entirely-serious message to Manix it seemed as though this sort of thing had ceased. I don't think the context affords Euklyd's response, not just because it was presumably a joke/slip, but because he decided to forego exploiting the person PMing him in favor of this dead-end response that would not help him catch the ITP.

##Vote: Euklyd

of all the reasons to vote me this is by far the stupidest

that was pretty obviously a joke

since I'm at ~lots of votes~ (something like 6?) I should claim

I'm Famfrit, Numbers Neighbor; I have OC with Adrammelech. Also I have something cool that I can do when another (specific) Totema dies and it's strong enough that I'd rather not claim it. Keeping scum guessing is cool. I'm guessing it's probably a backup ability but I don't actually know, it might happen when a Totema with an entirely unrelated ability dies for all I know.

something i want to note: i think the OP does imply only the existence of town/mafia due to "town roles flip in blue, mafia roles flip in red"

also what if: 1) scum have a strong-willed/strongman/whatever that can ignore the massblock, effectively making it intensely not-useful for town

2) FFM is lying about blocking the mafia's factional kill and hence can use the above argument

anyway less flavorspec as well. btw if people want me to nameclaim (not that it would matter) i can

also cut by euklyd. idk if i'm okay with that claim.

also euklyd: you made a few posts between now and when you promised the reread 24 hours ago.

also tbh i had a feeling this was going to turn into An Elie Game and is going to be a role clusterfuck

next we'll have Toonami 2.5

What sort of response do you expect me to make? I've been acting pretty scummy, how am I supposed to respond?

"This is why you're wrong about me" is always a good start. Nearly anything would've been better than ignoring it.

If there's a strong-willed mafioso then having a global roleblock is negative utility and that seems Pretty Dumb.

Manix why are you talking about nameclaiming?

cut

also cut by euklyd. idk if i'm okay with that claim.

also euklyd: you made a few posts between now and when you promised the reread 24 hours ago.

aware of that

I was not occupied All The Time

also I suck at timeslicing

something i want to note: i think the OP does imply only the existence of town/mafia due to "town roles flip in blue, mafia roles flip in red"

not really, if I were host and had something like that I would specifically leave out ITP so that people wouldn't speculate about it

Manix, do you think FFM would come up with his claim (or choose to claim that ability) if he were scum? At this point I'm worried he's the typical D1 mislynch who everybody got on because he's inexperienced and easy to pick on.

euklyd: how much talking have you been doing with your neighbor? do you think they are town or scum?

they have made one (1) post where they denied being scum with Refa, however they admitted to being scumbuddies with me, Paperblade, and Kay

I have no idea about their alignment

"This is why you're wrong about me" is always a good start. Nearly anything would've been better than ignoring it.

I think I said that I agreed that I had been Sucking At Doing Useful Things and overall looking Pretty Scummy. What was there for me to disagree with?