Bravely Default Draft

BBM

SO I just got Bravely Default recently and finished a playthrough. And of course I thought, why not do a draft! Refa is playing and just getting the game today so keep the spoilers such as the identity of the final boss secret.

There are only 4 characters, so instead of doing a draft of characters, I think we should do a job draft. There are 24 jobs, which is a nice multiple of 4, but Freelancer has to be free, and 23 isn't a nice multiple of anything. So my solution is to have 4 free jobs, which leaves 20 to draft. Then, depending on interest and whether we want to have 8 jobs each or 9 jobs each, we can have 4 or 5 people.

Rules:

1. We're playing just for completion. We play until the final boss is beaten (if you're hardcore you can go for the bonus boss as well).

2. HARD MODE because that's how we roll (you can do NM if you reeeeeally want to). Also on New Game, not New Game+.

3. Other difficulty modifiers (like encounter rate) are up to the player to modify as they want.

4. No Abilinks or Friend Summons because those are LAME and EASY and also people with a lot of friends have an unfair advantage.

5. Norende is allowed I guess because a couple jobs (Salvemaker) pretty much need it and having more friends just cuts down time.

6. Jobs that aren't free or drafted by you can't be used at all, as a main or secondary job. The sub-scenarios for jobs you don't have can still be completed.

Free Jobs:

Freelancer

White Mage - The person who drafted this would have a significantly easier time than everybody else for quite a while.

Black Mage - Gives everybody early AoE and early elemental damage (or only BM and SF would have it).

Thief - This is still up for debate. I almost put Monk for an earlier physical class, but with everyone having 8/9 jobs, but I think Thief gives a lot of earlier weapons for very little opportunity cost.

Monk- By popular vote

Signups:

1. BBM - Spell Fencer, Performer, Dark Knight, Conjurer

2. Paperblade - Ranger, Salve-Maker, Knight, Time Mage

3. CT075- Thief, Valkyrie, Templar, Merchant

4. Shadowfrost Zenbiniar - Spiritmaster, Red Mage, Arcanist, Vampire

5. Refa - Swordmaster, Ninja, Pirate, Summoner

Edited by BBM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see

Monk has better abilities and Phoenix Flight, as well as physical, but not defense(Correct me on this if wrong)

Thief, has speed, but fragile HP, as well as Godspeed strike.

I'd say Monk, for the fact it is a better class

Steal is a great ability, though I'm not sure it works on the highest level of enemies(For example, Death, and Silence become useless after chapter 5)

It can be for stealing items you can't get regular game, but I don't find it that great.

i'll bite

tbh i think that thief and monk should both be free and that black mage shouldn't be

(although that introduces it's own problems such as "how the fuck do you not get chingis'd by blazzard)

I'll say Monk too because while I've never played this game, Monks are awesome.

Okay I think I'll go with Monk over Thief. I think BM should still be free because at the end of the day elemental damage is probably more important than earlier weapons.

List Randomizer

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. bbm
  2. paperblade
  3. cam
  4. sz
  5. refa

Timestamp: 2014-06-04 00:42:08 UTC

FIRST PICK damnit such a hard decision

I was tempted to pick Ninja for the cheesing or Salve-maker/Spiritmaster but I'm going to go with my FAVOURITE CLASS Spell Fencer

this probably means I have no healing other than WM but who cares

oh yeah another thing

everybody but Refa should know that there's a chunk of the game you can skip- up to you whether you want to or not, and how much of it you do

wow those were my dream #2/#3 picks screw you guys

Performer for ULTIMATE HEROISM and uhhhhhhhhhhh Dark Knight because fuck Pirate without Swordmaster and fuck beating the dragons to get Vampire without Ninja or Spiritmaster

wow those were my dream #2/#3 picks screw you guys

Performer for ULTIMATE HEROISM and uhhhhhhhhhhh Dark Knight because fuck Pirate without Swordmaster and fuck beating the dragons to get Vampire without Ninja or Spiritmaster

Nooooooooo

taking Performer when I have no heavy BP using classes and will probably also get Conjurer was possibly not a smart idea

The order is in the OP. When we reach one end, we snake back. So it goes 12345543211234554321. The bolded is where we are right now.