Bravely Default Draft

BBM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I started since the earliest class I can get is Knight anyways.

Hard mode is hard... things went pretty well up to Centro Keep- the Barras/Holly fight wasn't that bad. Then in Centro Keep I ran into 3 Orcs and they wiped me out...

Using WM Agnes, FL Tiz, and Monk Ringabel atm. I guess I could put Tiz to Monk but tbh I don't think it would have made a huge difference in that fight.

Cam picks Merchant.

I'm guessing Paper is going to take Time Mage?

Anyways I got to the end of Intro. Ominas was not actually as bad as I was expecting; just had to keep HP up and Default x 3 and then quad. Same for Heinkel really. Encounters become way easier with Edea who would've thought.

Party:

Tiz: Level 1 Black Mage, Level 3 Freelancer (only a few JP away from leveling BM)

Agnes: Level 2 White Mage, Level 1 Freelancer (only a few JP away from leveling both)

Ringabel: Level 2 Monk, Level 1 White Mage (close to leveling Monk)

Edea: Level 2 Monk, Level 1 Freelancer

Ringabel pretty much only has White Mage to cure statuses. I'm figuring Ringabel and Edea are going to go Spell Fencer/Monk for most of the game and transition over to Dark Knight for the end. Tiz will be Freelancer/Black Mage I guess, and Agnes will be White Mage/Performer or something. I could also do Freelancer/Performer to Mimic My Hero but WM/BM is kind of awkward to level up, although their masteries go well with each other. I might have Agnes level Black Mage to max late in the game for Group-Cast All.

Conjurer gets stuck on either Tiz, Agnes, or nobody depending on how things are working out.

Edited by BBM

Right now that I have my magic classes

Holy One will be used, and will be abused

Hard.

Anyway, I'll start Anges as a WM, Tiz as a Monk, Edea as a Monk and Ringabel as Black Mage till I get muh classes.

which are all late game top lel me

PARTY ANALYSIS

me: My team is kind of awful. I have no fighting classes between Spell Fencer and Dark Knight, and I (probably) have the two last classes in the game. In hindsight I should have taken like Pirate over DK even if I wouldn't have been able to use Amped Strike. owell SPELL FENCER will carry me

Paper: Assuming he takes TM, he has a really well spaced out team if nothing else. A bit lacking in the lategame but Salvemaker should make up for it.

Cam: Also pretty well spaced out. I feel like Thief and Valkyrie aren't that great late on though.

Shadowfrost: I think some more midgame classes would have been better, probably. Spiritmaster/Arcanist/Vampire are all fairly late and Red Mage isn't a great class by itself. But you have some good classes.

Refa: om nom nom Free Lunch summons and Amped Strike. also Ninja. You took like almost all the Chapter 3 classes lol. Have fun with only Summoner until Pirate though!

PARTY ANALYSIS

Shadowfrost: I think some more midgame classes would have been better, probably. Spiritmaster/Arcanist/Vampire are all fairly late and Red Mage isn't a great class by itself. But you have some good classes.

You're right, but Cam had taken Valkryie and Paperblade took Salve-maker and you took Performer I wanted to have some magic offence

Or rather, all them use magic, Anges as my support, Tiz and Edea as my offence, and Ringabel as the status maker

And I do think Red Mage is a underestimated class, as its done wonders for me.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

Beat Jackal and Khint, though it took several tries because Jackal stole and used like 6 potions. I realized when I was like halfway through my successful attempt that I could have just sold all my Potions...

oh god i don't remember the random encounters in centro keep being so ridiculous

seriously right

the Orc mobs are so wtf

I beat Profiteur btw. In Vestment Cave atm. shit is hard

oh god i don't remember the random encounters in centro keep being so ridiculous

maybe i should actually stop using freelancer

orcs are dicks

I'm in Lontano Villa with Monkabel, FreelancerTiz, Freedea, and BMagnes, everyone has WM secondary and I've not actually bought Black Magic. Party is 9 except for Edea who is 8. Can just Autodown battles with 3x brave and attacks

man centro keep was actually pretty easy once i realized that monk!tiz and monk!ringabel can solo orcs if they're unarmed

iron knuckles tiz one shots some things

EDIT

ok freedea/monk!tiz/wmagnes/bmabel is actually working hilariously well (SO MUCH DAMAGE)

it's a shame i won't have two-handed (or dual wielding) to buffer my offense, though

Edited by CT075

is it just me or does enemy power randomly spike at the start of chapter 1

i'm going from easily autobattling everything without taking damage to having to actually manage default/brave so i don't get chinggis'd by the stupid golems

yeah it's similar to the power spike in centro keep

in vestment cave currently

Edited by BBM