Stupid things you did in Fire Emblem when you were young

Rikter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time through FE9 I only used Ike Soren and Titania. I killed off Shinon and was mad that I was forced to kill a former ally. It wasn't until SF that I knew. :(

Ehh its ok, i didnt know Shinon could be readded to the group with Rolf until a specific issue of Nintendo Power happened. (Same thing with recruiting Stefan).

I only got into FE around 4 years ago, and i hate missables, so i always try to find a "missable walkthrough", which results in geting all the characters. So honestly, the only mistake i can say i made is using amelia in fe8(although i still don't aim for turncounts or care about grinding a little.)

accepting the side quest where you get the fell note in fe7 on hhm having a team that was truly unable to beat it without dropping a couple units. soloing lyns hm with lyn and sain and disregarding everyone else probably wasnt too smart either.

I got just about everyone killed on my first run in Lyn's mode, believing that their absence was only temporarily.

By the time I reached chapter 9, I started to catch on to the fact that just because the game insists that the character's are merely injured doesn't mean they are ever coming back and consequently restarted shortly before the campaign would have been over anyway.

In chapter 13, I tried to get Matthew to talk to Guy using the only way I knew that allowed characters to have a conversation: By letting them fight. That went about as well as one would expect.

Also on my 1st FE7 playthrough, I gave some of my units promotional items to hold and waited for something to happen, rather than selecting "use" (didn't see that option). It took me a few chapters to figure it out.

My friend played Normal/Casual in FE13. He didn't know how to use Master seals, so he thought they worked by putting them in the characters inventory. He got all the way to Chapter 21 without knowing how to promote. You should have seen the look on his face when I finally told him how to use them

• 2 weeks later...

Kept playing when people died in my first ever play through of any Fire Emblem game in Path of Radiance. Got to the chapter with Bertram as the boss with, I shit you not, twelve characters left alive in my entire army.

Twelve.

Probably didn't help that I skipped most of the tutorials. 10 year old me couldn't figure out what the hell to do (somehow I had no healing items and 20/?? Ike kept dying to Bertram), so I ended up not completing the file. I got Sacred Stones soon after, beat it (because lol sacred stones) and came back to Path of Radiance later with a better understanding of the series and beat it too.

Now it's my favorite Fire Emblem, ironically, but that was not my proudest moment.

EDIT: I forgot one! Playing Sacred Stones for the first time, I had Orson basically solo 5x with Ephraim chipping in some kills here and there.

Man, did I feel dumb afterwards.

Also, I played FE7 well after I played those two, and for some reason when I got Lowen I always thought he'd turn out to be a traitor like Orson so I never used him. I was like 13-14 when I did that so I really don't have a "little kid" excuse for that one.

Edited by Wander

The only way I got past chapter 9 in FE7 was having Florina ferry Lyn to the southwest fortress and let wallace tank all enemies on the map :3

Edited by Vorena

People talking about stuff about Orson

You know...i think nearly everyone who played FE8 without knowing too much about its plot made the mistake of overusing Orson in that chapter on their first runs. I remember my first run, i was like "oh neat! Ephraim gets a Seth/Marcus too! With these other two cavs, we can have some serious Pally spam!" And then...yeah. I was like "oh...i think i should have given more kills to Kyle then. O.o"

My friend played Normal/Casual in FE13. He didn't know how to use Master seals, so he thought they worked by putting them in the characters inventory. He got all the way to Chapter 21 without knowing how to promote. You should have seen the look on his face when I finally told him how to use them

This is probably a good showcase on just how easy FE13's Normal Mode is.

I absolutely did not give a shit about stats. Like I would press R and immediately move the screen to inventory. This led to me deploying the characters I liked, mixing it up a lot of the time and not really focusing on a few to be my main core of the army. Granted that probably allowed for a more innocent and enjoyable experience with the game but oftentimes that would lead me to deploy unpromoted characters late game and screwing myself over.

Thank God it was FE8

Edited by lbrasz44

PoR was my first. I was 17 so I wasn't stupid, but I was a little too aggressive on the mercenary camp defend. I lost Soren for my first death. It wasn't until about half way through the game I was talking to a friend who got the game too that Soren was pretty much the most gangster mage ever, and I couldn't use him anymore.

I replayed PoR last year, and ended up losing Soren again, this time late game to a one hit ballista crit across the map due to his low luck stat.

I remember my first playtrough of FE7, I tried to train EVERYBODY, so when picking units to go out to battle I would go, "Oh I haven't used you in a while. I need to train you." I ended up sending out Lucius as a Lv 5 Monk into Chapter 20 and wondering why he kept dying.