Are Shiva and Galzus' recruitment affected by being captured?

Logience

you can't recruit them if you capture them in the chapters you see them if I remember correctly

if you do, however, capture them and not release them in an earlier chapter you see them in (really unlikely in galzus's case) you can get them in their recruitable chapter

so yeah you could capture shiva early on for his killer sword if you wanted it

Edited by Lamia

Okay, I didn't release Galzus in 6, instead I just had Felgus leave carrying him.

Also, turns out you're all wrong about Shiva. I can see him plain as day in 7, Killing Edge and all.

Yeah, you can capture and release them, and they will still show up in the chapter you can recruit them (7 for Shiva and 24 for Galzus). Shiva will remark about how he owes you when you release him: “Soft ones... But now I owe them.” I've also done the same to Galzus. (Can't remember or find his quote)

I think there is no problem when you don't release them, although that does cause a lapse in logic (How is Galzus back with Leidrick in chapter 24 if you didn't release him), so there MIGHT be a problem with not releasing him.

Edited by Kamina

All this conflicting info is just tells me that no one has done any thorough work on catalogueing FE5 further than reinforcement count.

Also, we really need a new patch. Everything but the necessities are gibberish, the names of locations and people are in heated conflict with FE4's translations (Nova? Meeds? Freaking LIBO?), and the scene where Cyas teleports off with Mareeta isreplaced by a Safy placeholder.

Also, we really need a new patch. Everything but the necessities are gibberish, the names of locations and people are in heated conflict with FE4's translations (Nova? Meeds? Freaking LIBO?), and the scene where Cyas teleports off with Mareeta isreplaced by a Safy placeholder.

It's being worked on here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40124 Although it is in pretty early stages so don't expect a patch anytime soon.All sighns point to it being vastly better though

It's being worked on here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40124 Although it is in pretty early stages so don't expect a patch anytime soon.All sighns point to it being vastly better though

Kay.

But can someone tell me how the Grandbell forums ended up with that as a finished product? I know the patcher went to college, according to the readme, but...

Yeah, you can capture and release them, and the will still show up in the chapter you can recruit them (7 for Shiva and 24 for Galzus). Shiva will remark about how he owes you when you release him: “Soft ones... But now I owe them.” I've also done the same to Galzus. (Can't remember or find his quote)

I think there is no problem when you don't release them, although that does cause a lapse in logic (How is Galzus back with Leidrick in chapter 24 if you didn't release him), so there MIGHT be a problem with not releasing him.

As illogical is that might sound, Galzus didn't show up in chapter 24 when I released him.

Kay.

But can someone tell me how the Grandbell forums ended up with that as a finished product? I know the patcher went to college, according to the readme, but...

I believe he lost his source files. Edited by TheEnd

Regardless, someone should probably update the wiki on how releasing him on 2x doesn't matter in regards to his recruitment in 7.

Also, Shiva or Mareeta. Who should I promote?

Mareeta, then.

Oh, one more nitpick about the game itself: I'm all for keeping flaws intact for the sake of retro, but a cap of 20 on everything is bad enough, especially with the whole "conjoining magic and resistance into one stat" thing. You didn't have to make it worse by letting stats continue to level up fruitlessly after hitting the cap, IS. I thought you were working with the FE4 engine here.

Perhaps the universal caps were a late addition and they were going to have different ones.

Magic and resistance together doesn't seem that strange either. Consider Pokémon which did the same thing. It's broken (consider the Fire Sword, the M Up staves, Holy Water and a certain type of floor as a bonus too) but it works.

Maybe, but I was more taking offense to the fact that Lara still levels up speed even after capping it.

i have had shiva disappear on me after releasing him in 2x

>finished product

but what? he stopped working on it!

Edited by CT075

As illogical is that might sound, Galzus didn't show up in chapter 24 when I released him.

What...? That's really weird because when I released him he did show up. Also apparently a few people have had Shiva not show up even if they release him. Perhaps FE5 had multiple updates to the rom? (Ex: How the earliest version of OOT has Ganon spit red blood, but newer versions have him spit green blood)

i have had shiva disappear on me after releasing him in 2x

>finished product

but what? he stopped working on it!

He means why didn't someone else pick it up?

There's a Nintendo Power version on top of the regular one which has different rankings.

Does the translation patch for the np version turn it into a translation of the np version or a translation of the rom version, because the translator might have just translated the rom version and made patches of both versions that become the same rom when patched.

THe glitch might be because some other facter ends up unduly influencing the result. My first guess would be not reseting the game due to how many bugs that caused in fe4. Someone should test that.

Edited by sirmola

He means why didn't someone else pick it up?

the FE romhacking community is very predictable when it comes to doing things like this

nobody who knows how wants to

nobody who wants to knows how

Edited by CT075

the FE romhacking community is very predictable when it comes to doing things like this

nobody who knows how wants to

nobody who wants to knows how

Of course, but the point is that if the origional docs and programs stilll existed, it would have been much easier to pick up. As is, all coding must be redone from scratch, which is why someone only just now started.

Hey, TheEnd, you mind finding someone willing and able to patch or translate stuff and teach them how?

There's a Nintendo Power version on top of the regular one which has different rankings.

That's probably it, indeed.

Hey, TheEnd, you mind finding someone willing and able to patch or translate stuff and teach them how?

...huh?