Best unit you have?

Torva

Why does everyone do so good with Olivia and Inigo? For me, the two are constantly needing support, especially Olivia. Now, it might be because Vaike is the father, but even then, Inigo shouldn't be dying so much. Vaike, on the other hand, is just crushing foe after foe because he's a berserker. Seriously, he's only been defeated like, twice. His one major flaw is his accuracy, though. Defienetly an asset to the team, though. Same with Kellam.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best units (judging by kill counts) are - Avatar, Chrom, Avatar!Lucina, Chrom!Morgan, Vaike!Owain, Lon'qu!Laurent, Donnel!Nah, Gaius!Kjelle, and Frederick!Cynthia. Oh man I can't wait for people to tell me how awful I am because of who I paired who with.

Edited by December Knight

Why does everyone do so good with Olivia and Inigo? For me, the two are constantly needing support, especially Olivia. Now, it might be because Vaike is the father...

It's probably because of favouritism. I loved her so much I trained her to kill everything even as a dancer. Inigo's my son so there's also that family favoritism. Avatar make a good father for Inigo in my opinion, Vaike's not the only father out there.

Why does everyone do so good with Olivia and Inigo?

The correct answer is they don't. Olivia has crap combat abilities and by extension of being her son Inigo has crap bases. Inigo's also got the hardest kid paralogue in the game. The only way Inigo and Olivia do good in main game is by taking them into EXP Growth DLC and grinding for hours, lol.

The only way Inigo and Olivia do good in main game is by taking them into EXP Growth DLC and grinding for hours, lol.

*One hour.

It also depends on who Azure/Inigo's father is. If it's a unit you've been using, it saves you a long while.

Olivia can also dance abuse on the level you get her. 200 Turns is enough for her to be a dodge tank for hard mode.

Edited by shadowofchaos

*One hour.

It also depends on who Azure/Inigo's father is. If it's a unit you've been using, it saves you a long while.

Olivia can also dance abuse on the level you get her. 200 Turns is enough for her to be a dodge tank for hard mode.

I meant that with Rey as the exception. We all know Rey is Inigo's canon dad but other than that Inigo isn't worth the recruitment, lol.

.... I can't picture Olivia shaking her hips for 200 turns. The poor girl would get burnt out!

^Her moves inspire soldiers to work just-stand-there-and-watch-her-dance-for-200-turns twice as hard.

I always dance abuse with Olivia. Characterwise, I love her and Inigo, and having a discreet assassin with lots of bright pink hair flowing about is an opportunity I won't pass up.

^Her moves inspire soldiers to work just-stand-there-and-watch-her-dance-for-200-turns twice as hard.

I always dance abuse with Olivia. Characterwise, I love her and Inigo, and having a discreet assassin with lots of bright pink hair flowing about is an opportunity I won't pass up.

Haha, that's totally fair. But who was stealth? Behold the pink hair of silence. Even funnier is that since female assassins have the waggly hips it is as if Olivia couldn't contain the need to dance.

Chrom!Inigo, Olivia!Lucina , Donnel!Noire, Gaius!Kjelle. (Seriously, Gaius!Kjelle...... :) )

Chrom!Inigo, Olivia!Lucina , Donnel!Noire, Gaius!Kjelle. (Seriously, Gaius!Kjelle...... :) )

I forgot Frederick!Cynthia.

MODEDIT: you also forgot not to doublepost lmao

Edited by Integrity

The Limit Break + Armsthrift combo along with 1-2 ranged weapons automatically makes units useful to me by default. However, based on kill counts, there's myself at first, and then Cordelia (the character I chose to marry) at second.

Every team has it's ace, so who are you guy's (who is you guy's? Who are you guy's? Eh, you get the idea.) best troops?

For me, my absolute best would have to be my son, Gerome, and is a Wyvern Lord. I never understood why, he just desimates everything in his path. Morgan is also pretty amazing as a Grandmaster, and Cherche is pretty good with the Wyvern Lord, too. MU is pretty great too as both a Hero and Grandmaster, and Laurent as a Sorccerer is deadly because Ricken was the father.

So what about you guys?

No surprise.
As that was how Rey was able to do almost max damage in his video. 634 dmg.
-----
7cts.jpg
DLC Ike.
He pawn everything with this...

At the moment it's Donnel by far. >.> He went through Mercenary and is now a Hero; he's definitely worth grinding out of his 'squishy villager' phase, haha. Tharja's pretty good too, because she can basically tank half of the map with Nosferatu. I haven't done so much grinding with my children characters, but Cynthia's pretty awesome. Currently, she's a Falcon Knight after going through Dark Flier to level 20. Nah's also shaping up to be a great unit because she inherited aptitude and good stats from her dad. (that post turned out longer than I intended)

Edited by Cervantes' Moustache

If you take the time with Donnel he ends up being one of the strongest characters until the children roll around simply because of Aptitude.

In terms of raw power, King Marth. The Marths are the only units in the game who can OHKO Lunatic+ Grima through Pavise+ (OHKO, not ORKO), and he's +Str so I used him.

In terms of killcounts, that would be Mr. Force-Deploy, aka the only unit I can do true solos of all the DLC maps with (well, almost. He can't 100% GG, EG or RR, and he can only do Normal Apo).

My best unit most of the time is Morgan, to the point where she can solo R&R3 on Lunatic. Barring her, in my current run, Nah is nigh unstoppable with her insane defenses, and she's even better when paired with someone that gives her a good speed boost.

At the moment it's Donnel by far. >.> He went through Mercenary and is now a Hero; he's definitely worth grinding out of his 'squishy villager' phase, haha. Tharja's pretty good too, because she can basically tank half of the map with Nosferatu. I haven't done so much grinding with my children characters, but Cynthia's pretty awesome. Currently, she's a Falcon Knight after going through Dark Flier to level 20. Nah's also shaping up to be a great unit because she inherited aptitude and good stats from her dad. (that post turned out longer than I intended)

If you take the time with Donnel he ends up being one of the strongest characters until the children roll around simply because of Aptitude.

Huh. Personally, I think Donnel's too much work for the payoff. It doesn't help his case that he NEEDS a precious Second Seal to function, among other inconveniences.

Back to the topic at hand, I can't remember. I have other games taking up my time, so I don't play it as much as I used to.

Edited by Levant Caprice

On my current hard/classic no-grind, no pair-up run, my best unit is... Kellam.

I'm on chapter 13 and he has these stats:

[spoiler=KELLAM]7YbhbvU.png

Plus that beautiful 7 move

Edited by Nobody

Huh. Personally, I think Donnel's too much work for the payoff. It doesn't help his case that he NEEDS a precious Second Seal to function, among other inconveniences.

Back to the topic at hand, I can't remember. I have other games taking up my time, so I don't play it as much as I used to.

Yeah, it is a lot of effort, which is why I'm not doing much with him in a different playthrough of mine. not as annoying as grinding for galeforce though, ugh Still, it's fun to see him smashing up enemies while still wearing a pot on his head. XD Bottom line: he's worth using a second seal on if you know he'll take up a permanent place in your army, otherwise bench him I guess?

Bottom line: he's worth using a second seal on if you know he'll take up a permanent place in your army, otherwise bench him I guess?

More precisely, he's worth using a second seal on if you're playing Normal/Hard and want a growths unit who does require babying (as opposed to Avatar and Nowi who are awesome right off the bat with pairup). On Lunatic(+), he never pulls his weight.

Also add an Arms Scroll/Forged Bronze to the list of stuff he needs. After the reclass he'll be stuck at E Swd/Axe and that'll hurt.