Doomsday Clock Mafia - Town/ITP Win

NekoRex

... his claim sounds like a VT claim to me, not an "I can't claim things" claim. @Poly: elaborate?

exactly

I hate VT so much

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree BBM's pressure on Elie D3 looks like distancing because the way he went about it essentially locked him into voting Elie that day; shooting for anything else would have made him look immensely bad esp. if Elie got lynched anyway.

Still want to lynch Poly, or Marth failing that. IMO Marth's dismissal of the Elie wagon was for weak reasons and he understated my actual case on Elie here.

urgh I feel like Poly's VT claim is townie because why would he claim VT in a situation where he's the last scum and nobody is really averse to lynching him? I also don't think that Poly's the type to WIFOM in that manner, and I doubt the scumteam have two Goons. He should come up with actual content though

I agree that Marth's dismissal of the Elie wagon is bad and didn't even address the reasons behind the wagon, but I still feel like him shutting me off for a D2 lynch is town. His reasons weren't great either (me giving reasons for townreading 3 people, 2 of whom were being townread by everybody) and overall his was basically the swingvote against my wagon, even if he wasn't actually voting me. I wouldn't lynch him, at least not today. Would like a Shin opinion from him though

tbh I'm starting to feel my gut townread on scorri was wrong. Shin contributed to the Elie wagon, but at a time when it was kind of obvious Elie was going to be lynched, and also at a point when he was the only available counterwagon anyways. His only real non-Elie content is a non-committal Refa suspicion and a halfhearted attempt to get associative reads from Elie's posts. He also has reasoning for a kirsche townread and that's kind of it. The contrast between the focus of the Elie case and the rest of his content is jarring and gives me the feeling he went in with the mindset to make an Elie case. Also I get that he subbed in and it was cool that he could get content out at all, unlike some other people, but he's only spoken about like half the playerlist.

##Vote: Shin

Shin, what are your opinions on me, Prims, Mitsuki, and Marth?

urgh I feel like Poly's VT claim is townie because why would he claim VT in a situation where he's the last scum and nobody is really averse to lynching him? I also don't think that Poly's the type to WIFOM in that manner, and I doubt the scumteam have two Goons.

If he claims VT he can't get screwed by rolegaming, since with the cop dead there probably isn't a tracker.

@mod: Shouldn't Poly be modkilled?

Maybe? I haven't received any notification of needing a sub from Poly or Marth. Hell, neither of them ever confirmed their role PM.

He's posted in the lat 24 hours so I can't prod him, although Marth hasn't.

Edited by NekoRex

Ooh! I know! I can get you guys to vote for a modkill!

I'll allow strictly one modkill lynch as a bonus to the regular lynch, for an inactive player. Just use the ##ModWrath: <Bloke> vote and if I get a majority I'll modkill a dude. It's separate from the normal votecount so you can have a vote and modkill request.

Then nobody can legitimately hate me for modkilling people! Everyone wins!

Edited by NekoRex

that game mechanic is probably unnecessarily town-sided since we're getting an extra lynch as a result of somebody's inactivity but whatever ##ModWrath: Polydeuces

uh

maybe ##UnModWrath, ##ModWrath: Bluedoom if marth is subbing out like people are saying (I have no idea where they read that he was?)

Why do people sign up for games they're not going to play? Makes me kinda mad.

Because they either

A. Thought they had time to play and then something unexpected came up (e.g. imagine you're Prims, roll scum and Conq isn't part of your team); or

B. Are addicted to mafia.

Shin, what are your opinions on me, Prims, Mitsuki, and Marth?

Sure thing. I feel like some ELABORATION. I was going to make a content post after my first one, but then stuff happened and Eli hammered himself. I've also been studying for super exams, but hey.

BBM, your interactions with kirsche are kinda what led me to think you're more town. Both of you really disagreed with each other, but I felt that the scum intent wasn't there in either side. In all honesty, I can understand where your vote on me's coming from, but it would have been worse for me not to vote Eli. I was the 4th vote out of 6. Yours and Eli's followed after that and he was lynched within 15 minutes.

I wouldn't say BBM tried to do a 180 and distance from Eli, I could see the cogs whirring throughout the posts on his changing opinions. My main issue is that none of them inherently say something definitive about him. It went from "Eli isn't scum" to "Eli so paranoid". His vote post itself never really implied that he thought Eli was scum, by his own admission it was just to get a lynch off. This could either be lazy town, just wanting the phase to end, or something more malicious.

I've mentioned Mitsuki in passing, and I'm pretty happy to believe that claim. If she does indeed leave D5 or whatever, I don't see the point in getting rid of her today. There's been no indication that her role's hostile and it would still be the worst scum fakeclaim ever to exist.

I legitimately have forgotten Marth existed. Looking back, he really seems to have it out for this slot. The number of time's he's voted scorri is pretty impressive to be honest, and it's all for being inactive. I'm yet to hear a fresh opinion but I'd quite like to know if Marth/sub still dislikes this slot. I'm also rather impressed how he's managed to get a null read off the inactive-Poly despite similar levels of activity. I smell double standards... or I just need to wash my socks!

Prims seems pretty progressive, I don't really have too much to say about him other than he's pushing the game forward.

I'll post more a bit later, currently leaning more Marth >> BBM = Refa at this stage.

##Vote: Marth

Hopefully either Marth or a sub will be able to explain things a little.

lolreally Neko you think I thought I wasn't going to play this game? Life happens > : (

If I get vote modkilled do I lose as self aligned?

So you're not subbing out? Also don't really want to modkill anyone if it means that there's a chance that they can't win with me (but if I had too, I'd pick Poly over Bluedoom, because Bluedoom has actually done things and doesn't really deserve to be modkilled).

Also don't really like Shin's last post, while complain about it in a second.

If he claims VT he can't get screwed by rolegaming, since with the cop dead there probably isn't a tracker.

Darros's role PM implies some sort of Tracker or Follower variant actually.

I have no desire atm to lynch Poly or Marth and I also think the modlynch mechanic is unnecessary.

Shin's Marth read doesn't make any sense to me at all. Just because Poly and scorri had a similar number of posts doesn't mean their situations were similar. scorri had more content in her first non-RVS post, #78, than Poly has had the entire game. It's perfectly possible to get a read on someone off scorri's level of activity. Read on me seems kind of semantic; was it really necessary for me to explicitly say ELIE'S PARANOIA IS SCUMMY considering I said that he was the person I'd lynch most?

Also Elie's read on the scorri slot looks a lot like distancing; he kept saying she was scummy but never seriously pushed her or voted her. In fact, he chose to push a shitty case on Mitsuki over voting the slot despite the fact that it was his counterwagon and his best chance of not getting lynched, and despite the fact that he was garnering heavy suspicion for the Mitsuki case and nobody was agreeing with him on it.

yes bbm i too think that there should be both a cop and tracker along with the presumed protective role and a rolelight game when mafia have goons

in other words that's a load of crock

I don't think that's a bad assumption to make. Particularly "Attempts to determine that you are actually Russian Kremlin, or that you have taken actions at night, will fail." Like it's possible that town doesn't have a tracking role (see: SoH Mafia), but I don't see the error in his reasoning. WRT balance issues, maybe Mafia gains some super hax powers after the Doomsday Clock or something, I dunno.