We need an FE8 sequel

Sacred Stones is the only game in the series that has not had the world expanded on. FE1 had FE3, and FE2 technically is the same world, and Awakening just combines them together. FE4 had FE5, which takes place in between the two generations. FE6 has its prequel FE7, and FE9 has the direct sequel FE10. Then the remakes and Awakening, which I've already mentioned. Magvel is the only FE world that has not been revisited, and I need to see it again. Imagine! King Ephraim, rugged young-adult trainees, rebuilt Grado...The possibilities are endless. Yeah FE8 ended pretty cleanly resolved so clearly we're not seeing the Demon King again (which would be boring anyway). What would be really cool is to see Magvel come together as a continent of allied nations and peace, only for that peace to be thrust into chaos when the land is invaded by another continent (possible tie into another game in the series hmm?) so part of the game takes place on Magvel defending the nation and gathering troops, and another part takes place taking your army to the invading continent. Guys, you have no idea how much I want this.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not possible to revisit the FE8 without reusing Demon King considering that's the major antagonist in that universe.

I'd rather they have a sequel to FE6 featuring Idoun and the story of Nergal/Aenir are involved.

I think what we need now is just a game that somehow bridges all the different worlds. Like, hell, time travel is already canon, who's to say they can't do it on a larger scale to grab characters from all the different games? Okay, now I'm getting ahead of myself.

You may have some trouble penning a Magvel sequel when Knoll's supports with Natasha and Duessel explictly state that there is going to be a natural disaster that will wreck the entire southern half of the continent within a few years.

You may have some trouble penning a Magvel sequel when Knoll's supports with Natasha and Duessel explictly state that there is going to be a natural disaster that will wreck the entire southern half of the continent within a few years.

Not within a few years. The disaster happens at the end of the game if you took Ephraim's Route.

Blimey, I don't remember that at all. Guess that's beacuse the last run I did of this game was Eirika since I hate ch13 and 14 of Epraim's route. Shame since 10 and 11 are great fun.

Edited by Irysa

that's not really true; plenty of stories can be written around a disaster-struck or impoverished country

Hm, I think I'm missing a really obvious point here, but that seems like a good background for a sequel if it takes place a while into the future (maybe a 30(?) year gap like between FE6/7?), not a detrimental one.

Even if an actual sequel wouldn't really work, I can think of a few half decent prequel ideas, but eh.

I vaguely remember talk of this natural disaster (haven't played FE8 in years!). Wasn't the "natural disaster" just Lyon resurrecting the demon king?

I vaguely remember talk of this natural disaster (haven't played FE8 in years!). Wasn't the "natural disaster" just Lyon resurrecting the demon king?

In Knoll and Natasha's supports (and Knoll and Duessel's?), they talked about how in the future after the events of FE8, Grado would be hit by a massive earthquake.

Hm, I think I'm missing a really obvious point here, but that seems like a good background for a sequel if it takes place a while into the future (maybe a 30(?) year gap like between FE6/7?), not a detrimental one.

Even if an actual sequel wouldn't really work, I can think of a few half decent prequel ideas, but eh.

that's not really true; plenty of stories can be written around a disaster-struck or impoverished country

There's plenty of great storylines you can write about the scenario, but working a war into it? Sure, malcontent about the state of the country compared to before can inspire agressive behaviour, but Grado really has no chance of managing to do anything significant for a very long time after all their cities got destroyed, their fields burnt and probably more than 60% of their population dead from the war and the disaster. Hell the number's probably higher.

So, what does that leave us with? Unless Ephraim goes evil or something Renais seems in good hands. Innes would have to graduate from merely disliking Ephraim to outright hating him for Frelia to start a war, Rausten is being lead by fucking L'Arachel, so I don't need to say more. I don't think that Carcino has a military force.

That only leaves Jehanna. Josh doesn't seem to be a warmongerer, but if there's any nation that could start a war for political reasons it's probably Jehanna, since Josh would be pretty likely to abdicate or just let reagants rule whilst he's off gambling away his fortune.

If we take a very large jump into the future and abandon most of the characters I guess you can do something though, but that isn't much of a direct sequel compared to games like 9-10 or 11-12 which is what I thought the OP wanted. 7 doesn't even actually have a war going on so much as some minor uprisings combined with what is in effect a cult like organisation trying to ressurect a god bring forth a Dragon.

Edited by Irysa

There's plenty of great storylines you can write about the scenario, but working a war into it? Sure, malcontent about the state of the country compared to before can inspire agressive behaviour, but Grado really has no chance of managing to do anything significant for a very long time after all their cities got destroyed, their fields burnt and probably more than 60% of their population dead from the war and the disaster. Hell the number's probably higher.

civil war + unwanted foreign intervention set the tone for a lot of conflict in real life. iraq, syria, vietnam, cambodia, just to name a few in recent history.

Edited by dondon151

Unless they make someone evil it doesn't seem it is gonna happen( sadly) , they could pull a FE10 and make another protagonist from Grado who rebels against an occupating Renais, but again they would have to canonize some pairings, our they can make everyone single.

civil war + unwanted foreign intervention set the tone for a lot of conflict in real life. iraq, syria, vietnam, cambodia, just to name a few in recent history.

Of course, but most FE games tend to rely on some kind of power exerting influence across the continent which usually wraps up in some kind of climax after most of the world gets united to a common cause. That being said, I suppose that Thracia is mostly an internal conflict side story, and 7 doesn't even involve an actual war, so an entirely Grado centric civil conflict would work just fine. I mostly just postulating on Grado's capability to mount any meaningful offensive on a continental scale, which I doubt it has the resources to do anymore.

Edited by Irysa

Dunno about the DK being a human, but I always felt that FE8 implies that there is at the very least, some sort of group out there dedicated to Fomortiis ("Unlike two other layabouts I know, I do not have such time to waste. I have much to do for our master." - Riev in ch6) I was honestly surprised they weren't elaborated on in FE8 itself. Riev was also kicked out of Rausten for... "something".

(I could be misinterpreting that quote, but I'm pretty sure Riev is the only general that knows Lyon is possessed?)

Edited by L95

Dunno about the DK being a human, but I always felt that FE8 implies that there is at the very least, some sort of group out there dedicated to Fomortiis ("Unlike two other layabouts I know, I do not have such time to waste. I have much to do for our master." - Riev in ch6) I was honestly surprised they weren't elaborated on in FE8 itself. Riev was also kicked out of Rausten for... "something".

(I could be misinterpreting that quote, but I'm pretty sure Riev is the only general that knows Lyon is possessed?)

That actually sounds like perfect material for a sequel. An occult following resurrecting monsters and wreaking havoc in the name of Fomortiis.

That actually sounds like perfect material for a sequel. An occult following resurrecting monsters and wreaking havoc in the name of Fomortiis.

I like this idea.

Have this cult use the Grado earthquake as a rallying point for converting a massive amount of the populace to this cult, and used their combined faith/energy/something in order to resurrect/convert someone into the Demon King a short time before the beginning of the story.

I'd have the possessed person be Innes, who would have married Eirika in this scenario. That would allow Frelia, which probably has the strongest army left on the continent, to be the "villains" here, and it can keep Ephraim and Renais as antagonists as well, as in this scenario, Innes/Demon King would be holding Eirika hostage in exchange for Ephraim's cooperation.

This would allow either Rausten or Jehanna to take center stage, both of which I feel weren't represented as well as they could have been. I'd pick Jehanna, and play up on the mercenary dynamic, giving it a sort of PoR vibe for the early chapters, and allowing for some interesting interactions with Joshua, who was a sellsword himself.

The big reveal could come after Innes is tragically killed, reminiscent of Lyon, leading to the emergence of the cult backed by an enormous monster army that encompasses the last few chapters.

Somewhere along the way, insert some kind of Demon Sealing/Slaying MacGuffin, and you're golden.

I like this idea.

Have this cult use the Grado earthquake as a rallying point for converting a massive amount of the populace to this cult, and used their combined faith/energy/something in order to resurrect/convert someone into the Demon King a short time before the beginning of the story.

I'd have the possessed person be Innes, who would have married Eirika in this scenario. That would allow Frelia, which probably has the strongest army left on the continent, to be the "villains" here, and it can keep Ephraim and Renais as antagonists as well, as in this scenario, Innes/Demon King would be holding Eirika hostage in exchange for Ephraim's cooperation.

This would allow either Rausten or Jehanna to take center stage, both of which I feel weren't represented as well as they could have been. I'd pick Jehanna, and play up on the mercenary dynamic, giving it a sort of PoR vibe for the early chapters, and allowing for some interesting interactions with Joshua, who was a sellsword himself.

The big reveal could come after Innes is tragically killed, reminiscent of Lyon, leading to the emergence of the cult backed by an enormous monster army that encompasses the last few chapters.

Somewhere along the way, insert some kind of Demon Sealing/Slaying MacGuffin, and you're golden.

Whereas I really like this idea, I feel like it would just be repeating the plot from SS (friendly character becomes possessed, awaken the demon king, etc.) with some BD elements in there (former friendly territory from the last game suddenly evil, etc.). If we tweak certain things in the plot, add some new stuff, maybe somebody/something above the demon king, then we have a solid game plot here (and we should start working on a hack.)

is this a fe8 sequel or advent children

All joking aside, I really like the idea. Maybe two MCs could share the spotlight. One from Grado who is caught in all the tragedy and the greatest knight of Renais who isn't ephraim. Admittadly, Innes, L'Arachel, Eirika, and Ephraim would have to be shoved in there somewhere. I could see Eirika running Renais and Ephraim running Grado, and this evil cult turns him against his sister and home country. he could be the new demon king's vessel

is this a fe8 sequel or advent children

All joking aside, I really like the idea. Maybe two MCs could share the spotlight. One from Grado who is caught in all the tragedy and the greatest knight of Renais who isn't ephraim. Admittadly, Innes, L'Arachel, Eirika, and Ephraim would have to be shoved in there somewhere. I could see Eirika running Renais and Ephraim running Grado, and this evil cult turns him against his sister and home country. he could be the new demon king's vessel

I always thought the canon ending for FE8 had Ephraim on the throne of Renais. I feel like Duessel would make a good ruler for the restored Grado. Joshua now rules Jehanna (maybe Jehanna could fall into a slight recession as Josh tries to learn how to actually rule, seeing as all he cares about are girls and gambling). L'Arachel has become the ruler of Rausten, and Innes is the new king of Frelia. Also, I really liked the idea of the main character being a swordsman from Jehanna, as Jehanna and Rausten did seem rather underrepresented and it would be really interesting to see main character from those backgrounds. I could really get into a new protagonist similar to Ike in terms of class and personality. I think the second "lord" should be from Rausten, and a magical class similar to Micaiah (only not as useless), but I also really like the idea of a main from Grado caught up in all the drama. Maybe during the Jehanna chracter's campaign there could be a Gaiden chapter featuring the Grado character (similar to 5x where it switches perspectives) and him getting caught up in the cult, and ends up working for them, and at the end of the chapter realizes what he's fighting for is wrong, and he deserts, causing the rest of his campaign, when it comes to it, to have the cult out to get him, constantly giving him the ultimatum: return to us or die.