Is anyone on these boards propiterly athletic in any way?

In my youth, i was pretty decent at basketball. My height allowed for it and really oppressive defensive maneuvers. I wasnt hella great at offense though. :/

As of now? lol not really.

YOUTUBE OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Sounds hilarious though, what was her reaction?

I think we all just laughed about it afterwards. I don't remember initial reaction since it was back in 9th grade. That's like 6 years ago or something

ok this is off topic but HOLY SHIT was that misspelling of properly intentional or is propiterly actually a word I don't know about

'cause goddamn parrhesia you wrecked that word

I feel bad for it

Edited by Esme

I could possibly beat your average does-not-play-a-lot-of-table-tennis, maybe, but anyone who actually plays much regularly could kick my ass.

That's the closest I'd get to a sport these days, I think.

I'm named after a very famous hunter in my family, ironically seeing as I am a vegetarian.

I got my black belt in judo when I was 17, but I haven't been to any form of dojo since then.

The only real achievement that I can do today is run five miles in an hour. I want to get into swimming as well, while I wouldn't call myself a beginner at swimming, I do however want to learn the proper methods and strokes, versus the flip-flap, self taught technique I currently use.

Edited by Maji

i am not properly athletic (my last sport was baseball, age 11) but i do even lift

i somehow forgot that i did in fact play baseball for one year split over two seasons

I was pretty decent in my first half-season despite not having any real skills. The team finished like fourth overall. i was godawful in the second and the team was godawful lol

ok this is off topic but HOLY SHIT was that misspelling of properly intentional or is propiterly actually a word I don't know about

I feel bad for it

i was reading the backlog of this thread for ages and i was really hoping nobody would notice so i could notice it because i only just noticed it like two minutes ago when i opened the thread and now it has to stay there forever

I feel bad for it

I think we should make it a word. It'll catch on like "selfie" and "twerk."

Not in the slightest! I was on the school football team, but my only match got cancelled. I have a more casual attitude towards athletics, I enjoy them rather than actively compete in anything... not to say you can't do both!

I can't remember if I made the tennis regionals or not....that was in junior high lol. Our coach just picked the highest ranking people on the varsity team. Either way I ended up not going since I had a lot of school stuff to do.

i was reading the backlog of this thread for ages and i was really hoping nobody would notice so i could notice it because i only just noticed it like two minutes ago when i opened the thread and now it has to stay there forever

gg

I think we should make it a word. It'll catch on like "selfie" and "twerk."

yes

i was doomed from the start.

got hit by a car when i was young, broke my right leg, had bad asthma until i hit 18, hit by a truck and broke my femur and got metal in me leg at 14. but the worst part is i started way, way late (at 16), so there was simply no way, haha. but goddammit i've got the build for it (am. football). it's not a big deal at all, but for that year i did play, i can say that i really, really enjoyed football.

got hit by a car when i was young, broke my right leg, had bad asthma until i hit 18, hit by a truck and broke my femur and got metal in me leg at 14. but the worst part is i started way, way late (at 16), so there was simply no way, haha. but goddammit i've got the build for it (am. football). it's not a big deal at all, but for that year i did play, i can say that i really, really enjoyed football.

please stop going on the road i really worry for your safety

I (sort of?) know that feel. I was play fighting with my brother years ago and he threw a kick that I didn't move away from. It hit my shin, and at first I'd thought he'd broken my leg. He must have cracked it, because even today if I rub the top of my shin it makes a weird line shape down the bone feel numb and painful, so I had to have had some nerve damage. In addition, a few years ago I came down with appendicitis, and after the operation was botched and I nearly died I had a lot of scar tissue on my left abdomen.

I didn't really say earlier even though it's relevant to the thread, but I hike or run every day and sometimes when it's been a hard day or maybe I'm not getting enough protein or something my left shin will feel really sore and my left abdomen will feel like it's ripping. So sometimes I get a bit down because I feel I can't really push myself out of fear that one of those times when I sprint I'll stomp my foot down and my leg will snap in half or my stomach will implode or something.

please stop going on the road i really worry for your safety

haha thanks. :) but i like to go places!

I (sort of?) know that feel. I was play fighting with my brother years ago and he threw a kick that I didn't move away from. It hit my shin, and at first I'd thought he'd broken my leg. He must have cracked it, because even today if I rub the top of my shin it makes a weird line shape down the bone feel numb and painful, so I had to have had some nerve damage. In addition, a few years ago I came down with appendicitis, and after the operation was botched and I nearly died I had a lot of scar tissue on my left abdomen.

I didn't really say earlier even though it's relevant to the thread, but I hike or run every day and sometimes when it's been a hard day or maybe I'm not getting enough protein or something my left shin will feel really sore and my left abdomen will feel like it's ripping. So sometimes I get a bit down because I feel I can't really push myself out of fear that one of those times when I sprint I'll stomp my foot down and my leg will snap in half or my stomach will implode or something.

that's pretty shitty. a friend of mine is in the position where she just can't push herself, for risk of a serious medical condition getting worse. it does basically destroy your motivation and forces you to be more cautious than you'd like to be at your age. the bright side is, at least we can still partake in all of this.