Reclass Mafia! Postgames are too much effort

scorri

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we know where the N2 Hijack came from.

HOWEVER, this dual failure thing is interesting, with SB and Randa failing, but only one hooker existing.

I am a male soldier, I tried to get doc night two(failed) and tried for follower last night(obviously failed).

so Randa and SB both failed their actions on N3.

and we have 1 hooker (that we can assume is mafia) and a Martyr that i'm guessing can't target dead people (since targeting Randa with a Martyr action wouldn't fuck anything up).

I'll be here for the entire phase. Also, I'm a bit concerned about priorities. Who's claimed to have failed actions? I think I saw two people claim 2 sets of failures.

I failed to reclass twice.

so we have a 1v1 for Randa and SB because of the N3 failure, and 1v1 for GP and kirsche because extra CLAIMS

only SB's pretty much proven town because of his role

Ace and FFM are still wildcards here I think.

So yea, Randa's caught in an amazing scumslip (or SB is the best scum!Martyr there has ever been, in a game)

and ACE fails twice

I guess either kirsche or GP is gonna get lynched today.

Well, out of the two I find GP the scummiest. kirsche has a lot of credibility right now and GP is focusing too much on her kinumi case to prove her towniness for my liking.

##Vote: GP

[17:10:59] BBM: going to doctor's; may not be back for a while

[17:11:45] BBM: scorri's not here I think so if there's a hammer shut up

[17:12:00] BBM: would say this in-thread but INTERNET

[17:12:21] SB: do you want me to paste this in thread

[17:14:44] BBM: sure

Then you guys decided that GP was scum just for the heck of it.

Dear Cam GP, you are a Priest, Town Doctor.

You are a class intended mainly for support purposes, only capable of aiding allies with the power of staffs. As such, you are unable to directly attack.

Every night, you may reply to this role PM with “Night X: Use Mend on <user>.” You will use a mend staff to repair any damage done to <user> that night, thus preventing them from dying.

Or, if there is currently someone dead who belongs to the same set as you as shown in the OP, you may reply to this PM with Night X: Use Second Seal to turn into <user>’s class. This will prevent you from using your night action, but will allow you to attempt to take <user>’s role instead of your own. Whether or not you succeed will depend on who else attempts to take the role and the priority that they have.

You are allied with the town and win when all threats are eliminated.

whoops? Then the scumteam reveal themselves, or actually they kind of already did, and kill the rest of you guys.

Dear SB, you are a Myrmidon, Town Martyr.

You are a sword-wielding class, often separate from mercenary or hero classes, although you have been linked to them early on. You usually use swords which are much like a katana, as well as the more common, conventional swords other classes can use. Compared to other sword users, you has a considerably lesser amount of defense, but are able to deal attacks of higher accuracy. You are also known for their higher percentage of dealing critical attacks.

Every night, you may reply to this role PM with “Night X: Using my accuracy to knock <user> out of the way.” You will quickly knock <user> out of the way of all incoming actions. However, you will take their place and any actions that were targeting <user> will instead target you.

Or, if there is currently someone dead who belongs to the same set as you as shown in the OP, you may reply to this PM with Night X: Use Second Seal to turn into <user>’s class. This will prevent you from using your night action, but will allow you to attempt to take <user>’s role instead of your own. Whether or not you succeed will depend on who else attempts to take the role and the priority that they have.

Dear Ace, you are a Male Soldier, Town Vanilla.

You are a lance wielding infantry unit that honestly kinda sucks. Your stats are worse than other enemies and you give less exp. In Fire Emblem Gaiden and FE9/10, you are a playable class, but otherwise you’re just an unplayable enemy.

If there is currently someone dead who belongs to the same set as you as shown in the OP, you may reply to this PM with Night X: Use Second Seal to turn into <user>’s class. This will prevent you from using your night action, but will allow you to attempt to take <user>’s role instead of your own. Whether or not you succeed will depend on who else attempts to take the role and the priority that they have.

Dear Poly Elieson, you are a Mage, Town Redirect.

You are a unit who use magic to attack. You primarily use anima magic, although in some cases you may specialize in certain types of anima magic, such as fire, wind, or thunder. Mages' stats have few consistencies, but you will almost always have a very high resistance in place of defense. This and your magical attack make it prudent to use you to block enemy magic users, and avoid direct combat with physical units.

Every night, you may reply to this role PM with “Night X: Direct <user1> to <user2> with Lightning!” You will use your lightning tome to bring down devastating attacks around <user1> until they target <user2> instead of their intended target for the night.

And the mafia win! They were:

Dear Randa, you are an Archer, Mafia Hooker.

You are a bow-wielding class that appears in every Fire Emblem game. You are a foot solder carrying a bow and can deal with enemies from a range without fear of counterattack.

Every night, you may reply to this PM with “Night X: Shoot <user> with my bow.” You will attack them, but since they are out of range, they will be unable to use their action in retaliation. Thus, you will cause any attempt by them to use a night action to fail. This includes any attempt by them to reclass.

You are allied with the mafia and win when you achieve parity with the town.

Dear FFM, you are a Male Soldier, Mafia Goon.

You are a lance wielding infantry unit that honestly kinda sucks. Your stats are worse than other enemies and you give less exp. In Fire Emblem Gaiden and FE9/10, you are a playable class, but otherwise you’re just an unplayable enemy.

If there is currently someone dead who belongs to the same set as you as shown in the OP, you may reply to this PM with Night X: Use Second Seal to turn into <user>’s class. This will prevent you from using your night action, but will allow you to attempt to take <user>’s role instead of your own. Whether or not you succeed will depend on who else attempts to take the role and the priority that they have.

Dear Kirsche, you are a Pegasus Knight, Mafia Watcher.

You are a usually female-only unit class who fights on a flying pegasus mount with a lance. You have the ability to fly over normally impassable terrain for long distances. You tend to have very low defense and HP, making you a little more fragile than other characters. Your high speed is your saving grace, since it aids in easily avoiding attacks.

Every night you may reply to this role PM with “Night X: Fly over <user>.” You will fly high above <user> and watch over them in the night which will allow you to know everyone who visited <user> that night.

preliminary thoughts: did everyone FORGET WHAT POTENTIAL LYLO MEANT? It means that town can either win or lose following a no lynch, not a mislynch. In SOME cases they can also win following a mislynch, but that's generally when there's multiple kills flying around, which was not the case here. I even outright said that Hooker and Doctor could also cause potential LYLO but people just ignored that or something?

also the scumteam were like incredibly obvious after FFM somehow wasn't lynched. kirsche was trying incredibly hard to just get ANYONE other than FFM lynched, and Randa went straight from FFM IS MY STRONGEST SCUMREAD to "hey I guess we can go for a Belisarius lynch". GP pointed at least the kirsche/FFM thing, but people just decided that kirsche was more legit for no real reason? Even if kirsche and GP contributed equally to the Kinumi lynch, kirsche was the sole cause of a town turbolynch, which was way worse than anything GP did.

Yeah so POTENTIAL lylo means that if you don't lynch correctly (ie a no lynch, since a mislynch is worse), town can either win or lose. Following a no lynch; either the doctor or the hijacker could have saved town, and so could the hooker if it was town.

Tbf BBM town can cause bad turbolynches as well (Prims does it a lot).

That said I wasn't that townie. I just had well reasoned arguments.

Edited by kirsche

scum qt: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/wEcrCLknnMeR

graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/H2ye8c85QPsQ

we never really kept a mod qt or a spreadsheet bc we were lazy, unless scorri had one that she never shared with me. You can probably figure out the scum ones from the QT; town's protective roles targeted scum most nights, Follower just targeted vanillas, and Hijacker didn't do much other than N2 where it redirected SB I think.

mafia MVP: kirsche- He was never suspected seriously and somehow convinced everyone in LYLO that he was town over GP. Made generally good action choices and made a good call I guess with the 1v1.

town MVP: SB? You had okay reads for most of the game; your problem was that you let your reads be affected way too easily. You completely dropped Randa after D1, and in LYLO apparently also dropped FFM, because you didn't consider that kirsche made much more sense as a buddy than GP.

Dammit BBM I wanted town MVP. Ah general thoughts thought this was fun, especially reading the graveyard qt I laughed so hard over that. Generally speaking towards night kills, Kirsche just wanted to kill whoever, would be hard to mislynch or wouldn't lead us to a mislynch. Day 3 was something. And to answer GP's question as to why I emphasized that I was just sheeping SB it was so it wouldn't look like I was just bussing FFM and if SB switched his vote I could prevent a lynch without really having to give reasons because SB would've dropped his case. I do think that was a scum slip on my part though.

Tbf BBM town can cause bad turbolynches as well (Prims does it a lot).

That said I wasn't that townie. I just had well reasoned arguments.

The difference IMO is that most town-instigated turbolynches are to lynch a specific person, whereas you tried turbo-ing two different people, which made it seem like you were doing it just to save FFM (which you were).

Other people:

Darros: tbh not REALLY sure why you were lynched. It didn't feel to me like you fought it hard enough though. You might just have been busy I think?

Cam: rip you played okay and then got N1ed.

Kinumi: sorry I couldn't find you a sub; it kind of sucked that you couldn't defend yourself. I think your biggest problem was that you didn't commit to much, like I told you on IRC before you killed me in EiMM :SALT: Hope you play more.

PKLucas: basically what I said to Kinumi; replace not being able to defend yourself to getting modkilled. You committed a little more than Kinumi but it felt like you were kind of just going along with the flow of what others were saying early on. Near the end of D1 you started saying some of your own stuff, which was good.

Poly: You played okay when you were around, but if you're not up to a game then don't sign up for it dude.

Blitz: You actually PoE'd most of the scumteam down really well once you stopped doing reaction tests. I think you focused too much on killspec in the graveyard though. Scum can kill people fora lot of different reasons.

Belisarius: I don't really think you deserved to get lynched tbh. But most of the active people were scum and the one active person (SB) let himself get convinced too easily, so scum diverted the lynch to you. One thing- you didn't correctly report your results just as you died. You forgot to mention that you saw Rein/Juliette trying to reclass. I think you were also too reactionary early on?

Koneko: Sucks you had to sub out, hope you play more etc.

Rein/Juliette: Rein generally has okay reads when he actually posts, and Juliette posted for him, so the hydra worked out!

Ace: You were also too reactionary and defensive early on IIRC. I think the biggest problem with your play was that you kind of just disappeared after D1. You obviously weren't the only one responsible for why D2/D3/D4 were combined as many posts as D1, but other than PKLucas you embodied it most to me. So keep up the activity if you want to play more I guess.

Randa: You were lucky that people just fsr dropped you after D1 tbh, but you did a good job to not get discouraged and keep up being really active, and I think that was probably a large reason why you went from a consensus scumread on D1 to a mostly townread on D2.

GP: I think your biggest issue was just convincing people tbh. You were voting scum most of the game but you weren't the person who convinced others to vote with you.

ok I have to go now so FFM and Bear/Elie will have to wait until later