Series that need a playable character

solrocknroll

this  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you feel needs a playable character the most?

• Rhythm Heaven
    • Advance Wars
    • The Last Story
    • Xenoblade
    • Mystical Murasame Castle
    • Sin and Punishment
    • Pandora's Tower
    • Golden Sun
    • Starfy
    • Custom Robo
    • Chibi-Robo
    • Balloon Fight
    • Harmo-Knight
    • Pushmo
    • Wonderful 101
    • Dillon's Rolling Western
    • Retro Series (Explain)
    • Other (Explain)

What series do you believe should get a character in the new game the most?

I made it one choice so it wouldn't be too easy. I'd also say that this is a pretty wide encompassing list.

I say Xenoblade. A thousand times Xenoblade.

Totally Xenoblade. Shulk is a must in SSB4. Shulk is a character with unique abilities and a wide set of moves that can make him a viable smash character showing off the different Talent and Monado Arts in the game. Xenoblade also will love being represented since X was shown at the Digital Event and will attract more people to try the game and get amazed at its awesomeness.

I support The Last Story and Golden Sun reps too, though.

Edited by Quintessence

considering that golden sun is really the only thing relevant on this list(why would stafy be playable), I went with that. Nothing else on the list seems to be popular enough to get even a reference in smash bros other than these two and as far as I know, stafy's game is japan only(although marth and roy got in melee so idk maybe?)

wait there was a balloon fight reference I think somewhere in brawl but >balloon fight

considering that golden sun is really the only thing relevant on this list(why would stafy be playable), I went with that. Nothing else on the list seems to be popular enough to get even a reference in smash bros other than these two and as far as I know, stafy's game is japan only(although marth and roy got in melee so idk maybe?)

wait there was a balloon fight reference I think somewhere in brawl but >balloon fight

Starfy got a game in English, actually. I considered trying it out because I think Starfy and his little sis look cute. But it wasn't very well-received from what I hear.

I don't really know enough about any of these franchises to form a real opinion, but I suppose Shulk is deserving because so many people seem to want him in. And Golden Sun has three games, as does Mother/Earthbound, so a rep from there wouldn't hurt either.

Also, I dislike the lack of Rayman on this list. He'd be cool. D:

Edited by Anacybele

TAKAMARU!

Reasons:

• I want a Nazo No Murasamejo revival really badly, especially if Kamiya was the director (but I doubt it since he's busy with Scalebound :( although I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't have problems letting P-games handle one of their franchises; worse developers did much worse games for them... I'm looking at you, people who made the last Yoshi games...).
  • Samurai are sexy. Very sexy.
  • He has more weapons to use than just a sword.

If he actually makes it and looks awesome, sexy and cool, I'd scream, dance, kiss the computer screen, etc.

If he actually makes it but looks like another pretty boy, I'd still consider myself very happy anyway.

Voted Balloon Fight because IMO it's the most iconic Retro game that doesn't yet have a rep.

...but... in retrospect... I suppose Balloon Fighter wouldn't really add anything that Jigglypuff isn't already doing, aside from just existing. So I suppose I'll change my vote to Golden Sun, with Custom Robo being a strong personal-favorite in second.

The only series on the poll I've played is Advance Wars, and I don't think that "needs" a playable character nor do I think it would work too well.

Actually, I don't think any particular series "needs" a rep right now. At least, none that Nintendo owns.

Yeah, I was actually kind of thinking that ^ before I read the thread, and none of the choices have really changed my mind much on the matter. There are a few that COULD have reps, but nothing is significant enough without them to really warrant a new one right now.

Maybe Rhythm Heaven if anything since Japan seems to love it so much.

9cd17d4889c2d45b4ca593b974d17acc_large.p

Shovel Knight.

- Nintendo and PC exclusive.

- Very platformer friendly moves and design.

- Series has awesome music and cool potential stages.

- He fights with a shovel goddamnit.

shit

I voted for Golden Sun, but I agree with

Neku from The World Ends With You. Or Batman from Batman. Either one works, really.

so damn much.

Can you imagine all the psychs?

I mean, I'd rather have Golden Sun, but Neku would be amazing.

Nice list but I don't see Shantae and/or Elite Beat Agents.

Xenoblade, Golden Sun, HarmoKnight, yes please.

I would like to see Elite Beat Agents but they are American exclusive and Japan gets these guys:

osu_tatakae_ouendan_wallpaper_by_satanic

Either way, I loved both versions.

Other than that, I reeeeeally want to see Golden Sun. It's a really underrated series. Totally would main Isaac if I could.

i don't think anybody 'needs' a rep but i think a custom robo rep would rule and work pretty great inside the framework of the game, either as just a robo rep (since they're pretty small) or as a pkmn master kinda guy commanding a variety of robos

I voted for Mystical Murasame Castle, seeing how we don't have a true retro newcomer in SSB4 yet (Palutena and Little Mac got full new games recently in their series, so they don't really count). Plus, Takamaru has become quite relevant lately with his cameos in 3 relatively recent games (Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warriors 3, and Nintendo Land), so he'd make the most sense to make playable in regards to filling the "true retro newcomer" slot for SSB4.

Ghandi from Civilization.

He'd annihilate everyone, it wouldn't be fair for the other players. He would basically automatically win.

I voted Starfy. He's cute, made it in as an assist trophy before and it'd be awesome if he could be more, and it wouldn't be the first time that a character rather unknown to the English audience was introduced. Little Mac is rather unknown and unpopular when it comes to the Japanese audience, anyways.

Edited by Crooks