Good methods to wake yourself up in the morning

Caster

ah, the wonders of being a morning person. i don't wake up feeling refreshed every morning, but usually as long as i get out of bed, easy if there's literally anything i have to do within two hours of being awake, i'm awake. if i don't have anything to do, though, i tend to go back to sleep and i hate that.

that said, i think what could help is maybe some morning tea? the morning walk that integ said will almost certainly do it for you, though. gettin the blood pumpin early wakes ya right up

i'll try taking shorter showers but i just lose track of time anyways.

my roommate is like this. unfortunate for him. ends up taking like ridiculously long showers

I haven't heard any complaints from my roommates about snoring. I did wake up one time to find one of my roommates dead with a thousand stab wounds in his chest, and that was a bit of a nightmare trying to hide his body. It's always possible that I flew into a cocaine rage in the night and murdered him when he complained about my snoring, but personally I can't really see the strands of fate connecting on that one :/

I haven't heard any complaints from my roommates about snoring. I did wake up one time to find one of my roommates dead with a thousand stab wounds in his chest, and that was a bit of a nightmare trying to hide his body. It's always possible that I flew into a cocaine rage in the night and murdered him when he complained about my snoring, but personally I can't really see the strands of fate connecting on that one :/

Didn't you play FE13? There are invisible strands that connect people together!

EDIT-Sometimes causing them to murder each other over petty complaints!?

Edited by SeverIan

wow the things that dont work for you work for me

Hot showers first thing always wake me up, and if that fails, I'll have a coffee at work or on campus. If you're into drinks though try tea. A lot of teas are caffeinated and taste great!

Since I'm a horrible person, I'll play a single round of League on a smurf. The adrenaline rush usually does the trick.

Either that, or the birds outside of my house DO NOT SHUT UP, thus making it impossible to sleep.

i put pandora on and shower for between two and three songs

I do exactly this. Well, not always pandora, but close enough.

When I don't I generally lose track of time in the shower.

doesn't always help wake me up, though

take shorter showers, seriously

just a little less hot and a lot less long will probably do wonders for waking you up in the morning

i would rather die

hard part is getting out of bed in the first place

I put my alarm on the floor so I can't reach it. Sometimes I will still sleep walk to it, turn it off and then wake up hours later without realizing what the fuck happened, but USUALLY putting the alarm out of reach is enough.

If I'm feeling bold I'll set the alarm a bit early and then set it a bit later again after it goes off. Having to turn a damn alarm off every 15 minutes will wake you right up.

Do NOT use snooze. Too easy to accidentally overdo it.

I always wash my face first thing.

especially the eyes, oh how they burn

Edited by Aleph

drink a glass of water before you shower, taking an overly long and/or hot shower will dehydrate you which can make you feel sluggish. drinking water will offset that.

eat something with carbohydrates, they break down the quickest so will give you energy the quickest. fruit is the best choice as it has both natural carbs and natural sugars.

and why do you brush your teeth before you eat? doesnt that defeat the purpose of brushing your teeth?

If staying awake's the problem then I dunno, that's never been an issue for me. In terms of getting out of bed, I used to set multiple alarms on my phone staggered 3 mins apart from each other, each requiring me to solve some math problems to deactivate. Of course, this also requires the discipline to not just turn off the phone or disable all alarms after I deactivate the first one.

oh, actual hint

Set your alarm to the radio. You'll end up being able to be in bed but still becoming more alert, on account of there's like... words and shit to listen to. Also it's a good way to actually get news.

I just have my alarm clock at the opposite side of the room, and wgen it goes off, i break the sound barrier and turn it off and wake uuuup.

I actually WANT to get out of bed in all seasons except Winter, where I want to stay in bed forever. For Winter, I set my alarm an hour early, so I can have an hour to bask in the glorious warm blankets, and listen to classical music CBC Radio, alongside the groans of agony as my roommate leaves for work. After such, I get up ten to whatever and let my cat in my room. Because he is a furry fat thing of joy in the mornings, there will be no sleep for me afterwards. It should also be noted that I am a strange morning person, and usually never fall back asleep, once the Kongs aggressively wake me up.

I also have a bunk bed, so it's a gigantic pain in the ass to crawl back into bed.

For Winter, I set my alarm an hour early, so

related: the clock by my bed is actually set ten minutes into the future to shock me into getting out of bed if i'm running late

yes, i am gullible enough to trick myself into this working early in the morning