Units that never turn out well for you

Isn't the general consensus that Sumia is considerably worse than Cordelia in Lunatic?

Yep. And that's really the only difficulty she outshines her on.

Sumia's better in HM and below.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. And that's really the only difficulty she outshines her on.

Sumia's better in HM and below.

Even in hard mode I find Sumia consistently has more problems getting kills than Cordelia, and never takes attacks as well, either.

Cordelia also has completely better reclass options, just for a bonus.

Even in hard mode I find Sumia consistently has more problems getting kills than Cordelia, and never takes attacks as well, either.

I've had a pretty STR screwed Sumia in one of my HM runs before (she had 9 STR at 20/1 Dark Flier), and because of Pair Ups and tonics, she was still killing enemies pretty well. Of course, she couldn't really put a dent in generals without a heavy spear, killer lance, or silver lance, but she was still doing quite fine.

I agree that Cordelia has better reclass options, but Sumia doesn't make a bad GK. It gives her Luna and helps patch up her STR.

Edited by ZM©

hell, i had a STR screwed sumia in Lunatic (<20 str near endgame) and i redeemed her with the use of Magic (She was the primary Valflame user of that run).

I've actually seen people saying Sumia was pretty good on Lunatic thanks to her ability to reclass to knight, which would make her have good Str, Def and Spd. I don't know how accurate those people are, though, since I've never used her on Lunatic (on HM I prefer her to Cordelia. Her STR hardly ever is a problem, thanks to tonics, and I don't think her SPD is overkill. It helps her double some enemies no one else can, like gangrel on chapter 11, which an gives her an awesome niche)

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

IMO, Mercenary is the only one of Cordelia's reclasses that'd actually be worthwhile on the skill front. Sumia has it better in terms of skills, to some extent - I'd rather have Luna, Pavise, Tomefaire, and Renewal over... what good skills does Cordelia get from her reclasses, again??? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Sol and Bowbreaker...

(Despite siding with Sumia, I actually don't have a strong preference for her)

Edited by Levant Caprice

IMO, Mercenary is the only one of Cordelia's reclasses that'd actually be worthwhile on the skill front. Sumia has it better in terms of skills, to some extent - I'd rather have Luna, Pavise, Tomefaire, and Renewal over... what good skills does Cordelia get from her reclasses, again??? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Sol and Bowbreaker...

(Despite siding with Sumia, I actually don't have a strong preference for her)

All this really only matters for post game, though. For main game, Mercenary and Dark Mage are better classes than Knight and Cleric.

Exactly how am I supposed to get through the game without training Edward, Aran and Sothe?

What Cam said is that if you're struggling with the distribution of Experience and kills, the best you can do is train two DBers asides Micaiah and Sothe. I mean, how can you train Nolan, Leo, Jill and Zihark altogether including Micaiah and Sothe with this issue?

Edited by Quintessence

All this really only matters for post game, though. For main game, Mercenary and Dark Mage are better classes than Knight and Cleric.

Meh. I still stand by my point - is there any good reason to reclass Cordelia to Dark Mage, from a maingame perspective?

Meh. I still stand by my point - is there any good reason to reclass Cordelia to Dark Mage, from a maingame perspective?

Efficiency-wise, no (Galeforce yeah), but that's why I called the reclass options a bonus. It's like "And if you want to use them in some other way for fun, Cordelia is still in a better position."

Thieves and Pegasus knights, almost always. Just as a general. I have to feed them weakened kills or very weak enemies, and when they finally level up it's barely even worth it, so I have to constantly baby them if I want to bring them into battle. Attack is bad, defense is bad, resistance is bad, etc.

From what I remember...

FE6: One of Alan or Lance always end up sucking; Roy; the axe bros; Shin

FE7: Roy, Lyn, Dorcas, Fiora, Wil

FE9: Zihark gets awful levels and is THKOed; Nephenee; Rolf/Shinon

FE10: Leonardo, Sothe, Micaiah, Mia, Brom and sometimes Aran

From what I remember...

FE6: One of Alan or Lance always end up sucking; Roy; the axe bros; Shin

FE7: Roy, Lyn, Dorcas, Fiora, Wil

FE9: Zihark gets awful levels and is THKOed; Nephenee; Rolf/Shinon

FE10: Leonardo, Sothe, Micaiah, Mia, Brom and sometimes Aran

Er... do you mean Eliwood?

Eliwood : Always struggles to get average Speed.

Hector : He's actually fine until he promotes. After that his growths might as well be cut in half.

Canas : He has difficulty growing Magic, yets caps his Speed.

Artur : He gets better as a Bishop, but I find that he doesn't grow as well as expected.

FE9 Nephenee : Never been really lucky with her.

In FE13, Gregor always gets screwed for me, unfortunately.

On the other hand Maribelle gets blessed something fierce.

Gregor just feels "meh" for a supposed Ogma.

As for Maribelle, she ended up like all my Ellens in FE6: too much resistance, not enough anything else.

Edited by Logience

Er... do you mean Eliwood?

... Thanks.

Oh well, continuing the list:

FE4: Leaf, Paty, Amid, Tinny, Noish, Tristan and sometimes Delmud, the Joha-bros.

I can't be the only one who had a good Ike in both games, in all 4 of my total playthroughs. 2 of RD, 2 of PoR.

Give Ike the HP-boost item in Chapter 1 and he's good to steamroll the game. I never had any issues with Ike after that point.

My Ike (Level 15) in this playthrough has less def than Mia (also level 15), but otherwise...

Edited by Rapier