oh sweet when im not at work i will listen to this. friedman is my favorite guitarist, mainly for his amazing solos and improv.

Guitar solos in general are awesome, especially in metal

Edited by Mayora

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. bob dylan, phil ochs, woody guthrie, pete seeger, joan baez, simon and garfunkel. just to name a few oldies. nowadays you got fleet foxes, lord huron, iron & wine, the avett brothers, tallest man on earth, bird courage. there's literally an ocean of music in each genre waiting for to discover it. if you like it, great! if you don't, that's fine.

even if I'm unfamiliar with most of that, I have to admit bob dylan was a great songwriter.

time to combine folk and metal (plus i'm just posting ratm)

I like pendulum, if it can be considered as such.

I mean, there are a lot of different sub-genres. Can I consider Rage Against the Machine as pure metal?

(Calm Like a Bomb is one of my favourite songs)

yep

The Sword are pretty cool.

What are their lyrics about usually?

RATM is both Funk and Alternative metal from what I know.

Touhou metal

John, listen to this

yah i can understand that because well...most people do like there to be lyrics

linking some pretty old metal with vocals this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7EQlfprV9E

Not if it is Touhou!

Pantera, huh? Damn, been a while since I heard them

As for shitting on other genres, as I said, I'm not knowledgeable on every single one and can only base my assessments on it from what I've heard.

you clearly haven't heard enough if the only tastes of music you get outside of metal are on the radio. :p

even if I'm unfamiliar with most of that, I have to admit bob dylan was a great songwriter.

time to combine folk and metal (plus i'm just posting ratm)

ratm is amazing.

yah i can understand that because well...most people do like there to be lyrics

linking some pretty old metal with vocals this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7EQlfprV9E

eh, lyrics actually are only important to me if they're present in the tune in the first place. what i mean by that is, i love listening to music without lyrics (admittedly, not distorted guitar. usually acoustic, orchestral, or jazz), but if it has lyrics, it's one of the more important aspects of the music that i judge. or rather, the vocalist himself/herself, not actually the lyrics.

you clearly haven't heard enough if the only tastes of music you get outside of metal are on the radio. :p

ratm is amazing.

eh, lyrics actually are only important to me if they're present in the tune in the first place. what i mean by that is, i love listening to music without lyrics (admittedly, not distorted guitar. usually acoustic, orchestral, or jazz), but if it has lyrics, it's one of the more important aspects of the music that i judge. or rather, the vocalist himself/herself, not actually the lyrics.

Eh, yeah, I suppose so >_<

I might try to listen to more jazz, a genre I like from what I've heard so far.

As for lyrics, sometimes I care, sometimes not.As bad as satanistic lyrics can be, I can stomach them if the voice and the melody are both good.

This counts as emo metal right?

idk

Bfmv <3 but yeah, I guess it does

Hmmmmm not sure how "metal" this is because they're usually referred to "hardcore" or "somethingcore" but they're kinda metal-like I guess (well I guess really they're mostly screamo ;u;) and they're probably my favourite too~

How about a slower soothing song (also because of it probably being my favourite~)

This song might be a bit too light in comparisson to what has been posted around here, but it's still one of my favorites:

Also, for the LOTR fans:

lmao this whole thread

edit: also i like some swans

edit: unironically

lmao at you mister

tbf the only album i listened to was filth. it was very bad, and i know swans changes and progresses, but it was enough of a turn off that i don't really need to listen to anything else.

lmao at you mister

tbf the only album i listened to was filth. it was very bad, and i know swans changes and progresses, but it was enough of a turn off that i don't really need to listen to anything else.

I thought everyone likes Soundtracks for the Blind