Should the weapon weight return?

Should weapon weight return?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should weapon weight return?

2. 2. Which stat should influence the AS?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, just what the hell do you mean by a "weight buffer" ???

To put it in other terms, the higher your offensive stats grow, the higher enemy defensive stats grow and vice versa but when it comes to con and weight, the enemy doesn't have any corresponding stat that scales with it in the way strength scales to defense.

• 4 months later...

I think so.

With Awakening, with the lack of a weight, all you have to do is choose which weapon you want which character to wreck dudes with. With the other games, there's more strategy. Do you want a slightly stronger weapon that could let you get doubled easier? Or do you want to stick with good 'ol Iron Sword, at the cost of power?

Edit: I'm a dumb, I forgot to check the date of the thread. Sorry for necroing.

Edited by Honesty

I disliked the way the previous FE executed it, but I don't mind it coming back if it was better implemented. Some trade offs do have strategic value, but the previous implementations are all pretty poorly done imo.

I think it shouldn't return, weapon rank is enough of a restriction as to which weapon a unit can use, and all weight did was the opposite of adding strategic value to the game IMO. On Shadow Dragon H5, none of the enemies are weighed down aside from Mages, whereas the player was crippled by using steels very early on and it gives mages (aside from earlygame!wendell) sort of a speed issue, and the enemies don't get restricted by that at all, since enemy mages are supposed to heavily weaken the player units and then may die, while the player doesn't want to kill off any units/any useful units. Like, harder difficulties are challenging enough, there's no point in giving the player a drawback from using strong weapons that aren't silver lances on a jagen unit. I dislike complaining about balance, especially since Fire Emblem isn't/isn't supposed to be balanced, but what's the reason behind giving the player units drawbacks from steels while the enemies can freely spam everything they get?

TLDR fuck weight, unnecessary headaches etc