So is it safe to assume Michalis conquered and became the ruler of Valm after FE12?

Jagen

Michalis' ending in FE12 states "Accounts are conflicted about Michalis after the war. Some said he ruled over Macedon once again, while others claimed he departed to conquer another continent." I think the the other continent could have been Valentia, and here's why.

Cherche in Awakening is from the continent Valm which is the future version of Valentia. Her wyvern is named Minerva after Michalis' sister Minerva which she confirms in the dlc. Why would she name her wyvern Minerva, when Minerva was someone who was from Akaneia? It would make more sense for her to name her wyvern after a hero of her own continent, Valm. Well Minerva might actually be connected to Valm. While Michalis' ending is him (possibly) concurringValentia, Minerva's ending is that she finally made up with Michalis and the two of them returned to how they use to be. Maybe Michalis ruled over newly created Valm alongside his sister Minerva, and that's why Cherche named her wyvern after Minerva.

Thoughts?

Valm is Valencia? But I thought Ylisse was Archanea. I don't remember them being so close together...FE13's connections with FE's 1-3 confuses the fuck out of me.

Edited by Refa

Valm is Valencia? But I thought Ylisse was Archanea.

Both of these being true doesn't contradict anything. Heck, Catria, Palla, Est, and a certian spoiler appear in FE2 on Valencia.

Awakening takes place on those two continents in the future, I don't see what is confusing about it?.

Edited by L95

though he dies in the original FE3.

in this case, what do we consider canon, his death in the original or him being saved int he remake?

Going off what can happen in Awakening, in the DLC, there are references to the Avatar of FE12, and the fact that characters exclusive to FE11 and FE12 are present in DLC and Spotpass, it's a safe assumption that him being saved in the remake is believable.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Both of these being true doesn't contradict anything. Heck, Catria, Palla, Est, and a certian spoiler appear in FE2 on Valencia.

Awakening takes place on those two continents in the future, I don't see what is confusing about it?.

They don't. I should have been more clear that them being super close to each other and both continents being the same size (when Valencia struck me as a faraway small island) was what bothered me.

I don't think it's a very safe assumption. First of all, Michalis' ending says that he either returned to Macedon or he journeyed off to conquer another land. This means that it's possible he went on to conquer Valencia, but it's just likely that he returned to Macedon. As for this:

Her wyvern is named Minerva after Michalis' sister Minerva which she confirms in the dlc. Why would she name her wyvern Minerva, when Minerva was someone who was from Akaneia? It would make more sense for her to name her wyvern after a hero of her own continent, Valm.

Why would it make more sense for Cherche to name her wyvern after a hero from her own continent? Awakening is filled with references to past games, and the Wyvern Rider class did not exist in Gaiden. It makes little sense to me to name a wyvern after someone who holds no association with wyverns. There's always Palla, Catria, and Est, but these three are more associated with pegasi despite being able to promote into wyvern riders.

Furthermore, why should Cherche be limited to pooling names from her own continent? Is it such a stretch of the imagination that Cherche was influenced by stories of Minerva's exploits on Archanea and named her mount after Minerva as a sort of tribute?

Well, the DLC makes it pretty clear that Cherche at least knows who Minerva is.

I personally think it's a little unlikely because of the timing- Michalis would either have to fail, and thus not become a legend, or defeat Alm and cut short his reign, preventing it from becoming legendary (or at least legendary enough to warrant the continent being renamed after him).

I don't think it's a very safe assumption. First of all, Michalis' ending says that he either returned to Macedon or he journeyed off to conquer another land. This means that it's possible he went on to conquer Valencia, but it's just likely that he returned to Macedon. As for this:

Why would it make more sense for Cherche to name her wyvern after a hero from her own continent? Awakening is filled with references to past games, and the Wyvern Rider class did not exist in Gaiden. It makes little sense to me to name a wyvern after someone who holds no association with wyverns. There's always Palla, Catria, and Est, but these three are more associated with pegasi despite being able to promote into wyvern riders.

Furthermore, why should Cherche be limited to pooling names from her own continent? Is it such a stretch of the imagination that Cherche was influenced by stories of Minerva's exploits on Archanea and named her mount after Minerva as a sort of tribute?

I just feel it would make sense that Cherche would name her after a hero of her own continent due to the fact that Minerva really didn't do anything that good during her time on Akaneia. In fact everything Minerva done was the opposite of good. Even she admits it in her support with palla. She done nothing but faught amongst her family, threw Macedon into war, and sparked rebelions all because she failed as a queen. However with Michalis becoming ruler of Valm, the people of Valm could easily consider Minerva some legendary warrior just because she's the brother of Michalis and they wouldn't know of the mistakes she caused. But that's just my thought on the subject.

Also about Gaiden not having wyverns, I didn't think of that. That actually makes me think Michalis becoming the ruler over Valm could be even more plausible. Macedon was most known for its wyverns even having their special forces be called "the red dragoons", so with Michalis becoming ruler it would make sense that he would bring wyverns with him or even create an area on the continent specifically for wyverns to live.

I'd think it's too close to FE2's ending to be such a case.

...there's an Alm in the way.

...you know, the guy they renamed the continent after?

Michalis isn't noted in Awakening, just Minerva.

You'd think Michalis be more notable if he took over Valencia by seizing it from Alm and Celica.

Actually in Awakening it's mentioned that the person who renamed the continent was Alm's successor, not Alm himself. Michalis could have easily become king after Alm was killed in battle, or stepped down from the throne.

Edited by Jagen

I think it's a neat theory.

Another thing, which could be coincidental or not: all the Valmese characters you can recruit can reclass to Wyvern Rider (even Lon'qu).

Also, I always thought it weird how IS purposely brought back Michalis from the dead and then blatantly reference another continent in his ending.

I don't think the namesake has anything to do with it. That's like saying you can't name your cat sir whiskers because you don't live in England. Minerva was a female wyvern rider so Cherche named her female wyvern Minerva, that doesn't seem unusual to me. During my playthrough of FE12 he died anyway so he wasn't ruling anything.