There's a petition to make Owain the main character of FE14

As if a brainless oaf is fresh as a main character..

In fire emblem, yes. Most are heroic lords that are almost the same, like Marth, Roy, Eliwood, Ike. Even Chrom could be thrown into that,

Owain would do many interesting decisions about the story of his game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"even" Chrom? No, Chrom is at the top of the heap in terms of not being fresh.

You've no need to worry about offending anyone by insulting Awakening's plot/characters here.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Since when does Awakening take place on Akaneia?

Well I belive (I might be wrong) that Ylisse is Altea 1000 years in the future, combined with Plegia and Regna Ferox that makes up the continent of Akaneia. Valm is actually the continent of Valencia, 1000 years in the future. Again I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure because of what Freddrick describes about the first exalt at the opening of Chapter 3. Also Tiki being asleep for I think the same amount of years as well.

Edited by ViewtifulBo

They might have had the intention, but the shape of the continent is actually the only valid references to Akaneia in the game. Sure, there's stuff like Falchion, but that name has already been given to two different swords in FE history. Awakening's unnamed main continent, meanwhile, has a very different backstory/set of locations to FE1/3- the "First Exalt", who is never stated to be Marth, fought Grima using the Fire Emblem, received Naga's blessing on Mt.Prism, and founded Ylisse. Marth fought Medeus, used the Fire Emblem on Gharnef, and didn't actually have much to do with Naga. Speaking of the FE, it's been a different thing in all continuities so far, and it probably is in FE13 as well, given that it has exactly the opposite effect from SD (there, it imprisoned Earth Dragons. Here, it releases them).

So yeah, Awakening was likely supposed to take place on Akaneia (or at least be a massive reference to it), but it really isn't. Even the name "Marth" is referred to in Cht.1 in the same way as all the DLC lords are referred to ("Name? As in, the Flashy Title of old!?"). Honestly, this game has more ties to Jugdral than Akaneia (FE4's semifinal bosses are even fought in Cht.22).

"even" Chrom? No, Chrom is at the top of the heap in terms of not being fresh.

You've no need to worry about offending anyone by insulting Awakening's plot/characters here.

Well the thing is, Chrom gets bonus points because of a much better made support system present in the game, so the chances are high that you will see most of his support conversations which further defines his character; while for the others you can see about ~4-5 support conversations per game, unless you read on the internet.

Still, doesn't change the fact that he is in the bunch of "almost-the-same" lords.