There's a petition to make Owain the main character of FE14

Petitions never go anywhere anyway. Signing it probably wouldn't do anything, except maybe giving a 2-3 second chuckle.

Just hit the nail on the head as to why most of us are signing it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! that petition is going nowhere fast, I guarantee you that if someone were to put up a petition for me to get my own game everyone would sign it especially since I am such an interesting character I mean look at my long flowing hair, beautiful dress and wing bonnets who wouldn't want to see me in my own title<3.

I'm afraid I'd prefer a game starring Ardan, he's far too majestic to pass up.

• 2 weeks later...

Petitions never go anywhere anyway. Signing it probably wouldn't do anything, except maybe giving a 2-3 second chuckle.

They don't do anything directly, but they do make companies aware of certain things being very popular so they can put them to more use. This has been seen many times.

Yeah, if someone from Awakening had to be the main character, I agree on Priam. Ike's descendant ftw. :D It could potentially give us a lot of Tellius throwbacks, return of the laguz, etc. x3

for me it has nothing to do with the fact that he is ike's decendent (much as I like ike) it is more of giving this guy more of a personality we know squat about him and I really dont like that

along side that what would we do about ragnell god he would be op for the start

though some tellius throwbacks would be nice I would prefer to have some real beast tribe over those taguels

now that I think about it this could be foreshadowing the next fire emblem like soth being fairly useless in por but then being bumped up to main character status in rd

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I had no idea that this existed. I love Owain and all, but I would rather have the whole Marth continent over and done with. (I am pretty tired of it to be honest.) I am hoping FE14 will be some kind of FE6 and FE7 combination remake thing or just a new world.

Awakening is fine for what it is, but I'd rather it not have a sequel at all, much less a joke character at the head. It worked wonders for the franchise, no doubt, but shouldn't this be IS's opportunity to express some creative freedom with a brand new world? To have my cake and eat it too, I would also like a good remake of FE6 and 7 in one game sometime soon...

To those wanting remakes, you do realize that's what nearly killed FE to begin with despite FE12 being a very solid game right?

I'd rather we get that original Awakening Concept that was on freaking Mars it sounds off the wall and awesome.

To those wanting remakes, you do realize that's what nearly killed FE to begin with despite FE12 being a very solid game right?

To be fair, the first one was basically just an HD port. Not sure how the second one was by comparison, but you need to do more than spiffy up the graphics if you want it to sell to more than just diehards.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd rather we get that original Awakening Concept that was on freaking Mars it sounds off the wall and awesome.

The remakes sold better than the new games (of that time period, I mean) actually.

Also I totally agree, Fire Emblem on Mars would be amazing.

MAKE FE14 ABOUT FREDERICK, PLEASE.

Obviously, I'd explode in fangirlism if this happened, but I don't think there's any practical enough way for it to go down. Obviously at the point of Awakening's events, Freddy is already a well seasoned knight and doesn't have a ton of growing room like past lords have had. Plus he just follows Chrom and Lissa. A prequel featuring a younger Freddy could work, but I think if IS made any sort of prequel for Awakening, having Chrom's father be the main character would be the more practical way to go.

but I think if IS made any sort of prequel for Awakening, having Chrom's father be the main character would be the more practical way to go.

I actually think it would be more appropriate in an Awakening prequel to see a Plegian royal as the MC fighting against Chrom's dad as the end-game villain and tossing in Gangrel as a Julian-archetype with connections to other characters to showcase his slide into madness. There are a tonne of interesting slants they could put to a game like that, especially regarding Plegia's connection to Grima and the Grimleal, and also maybe flesh out the world and mythology a bit. Even Emmeryn admits that the stuff her father did was whacked and wrong, so it seems weird that they would make him a hero of a game, unless it went back even further before the Crusades and dealt with an entirely new storyline.

In terms of the actual topic, well, I wouldn't expect an actual real FE game to be made with someone like Owain as the main character. Maybe something in the vein of the Tingle spin-off that's something of a joke/parody, but not a legitimate game.

Edited by Kirie

I actually think it would be more appropriate in an Awakening prequel to see a Plegian royal as the MC fighting against Chrom's dad as the end-game villain and tossing in Gangrel as a Julian-archetype with connections to other characters to showcase his slide into madness. There are a tonne of interesting slants they could put to a game like that, especially regarding Plegia's connection to Grima and the Grimleal, and also maybe flesh out the world and mythology a bit. Even Emmeryn admits that the stuff her father did was whacked and wrong, so it seems weird that they would make him a hero of a game, unless it went back even further before the Crusades and dealt with an entirely new storyline.

Interesting? Potential? Yes.

Has even a remotely feasible chance of happening? Nope. Because Awakening runs on Black and White Morality and even remotely considering the chance that Plegians could be good guys without openly defecting to Ylisse would ruin it in the dev's eyes. Unless they openly start disliking Awakening for some other reason, they're not going to make a game that throws its sequel under the bus (Awakening to SD's lore is different- it's rude and disrespectful to the lore, but doesn't change the light the story is portrayed under).

Sometimes I'm really embarrassed that I signed up as Owain Dark. But I refuse to change it, lol. I liked Owain before he was popular. *scoffs* I don't really get things like asking for him to be in Smash Bros or to be the star of FE14.

*signs*

Whatever FE 14 is going to be, I just hope its not another Akaneia one. 5 games total with 2 remakes? Its been done to death. Granted I enjoyed every single one of them but I feel like Akaneia gets too much love. I'd like to see a game take place on the Valencian or Magvelian continents just because those are the only two who don't have a second game. Or Elibe. I'm always up for another adventure in Elibe. :)

Owain as a main character? I hope that day never comes.