There's a petition to make Owain the main character of FE14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*facepalm*I swear to god I wish awakening never happened,I would have been ok with just 12 fe games*proceeds to smash face into nearest wall*

lmao one game in the series you dislike somehow ruins everything for you? to the extent where you'd rather it never existed?

Regardless of your thoughts, it was a massive financial success and a lot of people liked it. It might not be to my tastes, but that doesn't mean the world would be better without it ffs

Having a comic relief character as the main protagonist sounds like a bad idea if you ask me.

IS could pull it off if comedy is the basis of the game (go ahead, make a PM from Bowser's perspective. It'll be fabulous), but it wouldn't work in anything resembling a conventional FE. They'd have to tone up the lightheartedness of the story considerably (to the degree where war wouldn't even be involved) for it to work.

I signed it.

What a great idea.

You're surprised?

And I know I will get flak for this, but Owain is truly the most overrated Fire Emblem character ever. Not even exaggerating.

The most overrated character is Tharja, if you ask me.

Her sole appeal is being a blatant pile of fanservice.

Edited by Espeon Shaman

Eh, I think Owain shines best as a support character rather than the main character. If the next game HAD to be anyone from Awakening, I'd want Priam. I think they should just make an entire new cast next game though.

Yeah, if someone from Awakening had to be the main character, I agree on Priam. Ike's descendant ftw. :D It could potentially give us a lot of Tellius throwbacks, return of the laguz, etc. x3

I signed it.What a great idea.The most overrated character is Tharja, if you ask me. Her sole appeal is being a blatant pile of fanservice.

The only thing overrated about Tharja is her looks.

With Owain his looks are overrated, his personality is overrated, his depth is overrated. There isn't a thing about him that's NOT overplayed.

Edited by Aplauserlol

Overrated and Overplayed don't mean the same thing. His personality is overplayed I can agree ((I like Owain but this is pretty factual)), but there's no such thing as an overrated personality.

Signed it because I have a newfound love for Owain. Hells yeah, I think the tonal shift that would come from Owain as a main character would be awesome!

For real though, I'm kind of hoping that FE14 will be a new game. I'm still sick of sequels from FE10-12, and FE13, while new, wasn't completely new. So we haven't had a true original since FE9. And I really want a new game. So I'm not signing this.

Considering Awakening took it's badly written story so seriously I'd be okay with a game making the continent a comic relief gag.

No but really I'm not sure if it's Owain exactly that I want, but I'd love an FE protagonist that has just as much or even just a little bit as much personality as the minor characters.

I find Owain agreeable enough, but I just find it weird that anyone is even taking this the slightest bit serious...even including the small level of seriousness at commenting how it would be implausible as if it was a proposed scenario that needed proper debunking.

I just can't ever see this happening at all ever...not ever even being something that would ever be considered, or a respectable idea at all. It just feels like one big joke to me.

Again,what is WITH this generation?I agree,Owain should be left as a supporting character/comic relief.I would seriously stop buying Fire Emblem games if they listen.Doubt they will though.Petitions don't usually make a difference.

Congress considers petitions that cross 100,000 signatures.

I'm not sure what the line is for Nintendo when they start to take petitions seriously, but it should be pretty high. This is moving at a good rate though and I can definitely see it reaching anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 signatures lifetime.