There's a petition to make Owain the main character of FE14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm neutral to Owain and I don't like Lucina at all, so I guess I'd rather it be him than her, but really. What kind of story could be made that revolves around him? Also, I want the next FE to be in an entirely NEW world that's completely unrelated to the others (Ylisse is just Marth's world a thousand years or so later. :/).

And I know I will get flak for this, but Owain is truly the most overrated Fire Emblem character ever. Not even exaggerating.

Actually, I agree with you. And the names he gives to his weapons...it's not the fact he names them in the first place, because that sounds like something I would do, it's that he goes so far with them and tries to make the names sound "heroic".

If that petition isn't intended to be a joke, I don't know what is.

I likely have no place saying this, but

Oh right
Almost forgot
*ahem* The avatar is a stupid idea.

*facepalm*I swear to god I wish awakening never happened,I would have been ok with just 12 fe games*proceeds to smash face into nearest wall

You. All you've done that I've seen is bash Awakening. All you've done. Awakening (and Smash) introduced me to the series, so I guess that Awakening is a magic fanfiction that no one should defend and that all fans who were introduced with it are terrible. There's having an opinion and there's spitting in the face of people who enjoy the game. Mods, fellow posters, if I'm wrong then tear me to shreds but...

also your favorite is blazing sword which would open another whole can of worms, but i'd rather not

Edited by Maester Indigo

I likely have no place saying this, but

You. All you've done that I've seen is bash Awakening. All you've done. Awakening (and Smash) introduced me to the series, so I guess that Awakening is a magic fanfiction that no one should defend and that all fans who were introduced with it are terrible. There's having an opinion and there' spitting in the face of people who enjoy the game.ASl

also your favorite is blazing sword which would open another whole can of worms, but i'd rather not

Well I don't talk much outside of HHH so I can see where you would get that idea

And i do concede that I've never really held my tongue with awakening hate,but why censor myself?If I've offended you in any way,you have my sincerest apologies.And I know Blazing Sword is flawed,but eh,I like it.

just signed it

thank you for letting me know

I'm gonna be completely honest, this made me chuckle.

You're surprised?

And I know I will get flak for this, but Owain is truly the most overrated Fire Emblem character ever. Not even exaggerating.

He's definitely up there. Mostly among the female fandom, though. Mostly.

I'm neutral to Owain and I don't like Lucina at all, so I guess I'd rather it be him than her, but really. What kind of story could be made that revolves around him? Also, I want the next FE to be in an entirely NEW world that's completely unrelated to the others (Ylisse is just Marth's world a thousand years or so later. :/).

I agree with this. Awakening shouldn't have a sequel... the plot has already kinda concluded. How would they even continue it? I also never much cared for Lucina. I'm pretty sure the only thing stopping me from openly disliking her is Laura Bailey.

Actually, I agree with you. And the names he gives to his weapons...it's not the fact he names them in the first place, because that sounds like something I would do, it's that he goes so far with them and tries to make the names sound "heroic".

If that petition isn't intended to be a joke, I don't know what is.

I'll have to agree with you. I would also name my weapons, but the way Owain does it is ridonkulous. Just stick with one word that sounds cool and you're good to go.

But yes, TBH I never liked Owain THAT much. There are other characters much better than him.

Edited by Draco

I'd never sign it lol. Lucina's my favorite FE character, so yeah.

Well I don't talk much outside of HHH so I can see where you would get that idea
And i do concede that I've never really held my tongue with awakening hate,but why censor myself?If I've offended you in any way,you have my sincerest apologies.And I know Blazing Sword is flawed,but eh,I like it.

Oh. I'm sorry, I got all worked up again >_>. You're plenty free to dislike it, it's not the best. However, I do take offense when someone says that it shouldn't exist, or else I wouldn't be here.

My Blazing Sword thing wasn't about it being flawed, but rather, it, like Awakening, introduced many people to Fire Emblem. They fulfilled a role that any other one really couldn't and are like siblings in a way.

I'd never sign it lol. Lucina's my favorite FE character, so yeah.

Oh. I'm sorry, I got all worked up again >_>. You're plenty free to dislike it, it's not the best. However, I do take offense when someone says that it shouldn't exist, or else I wouldn't be here.

My Blazing Sword thing wasn't about it being flawed, but rather, it, like Awakening, introduced many people to Fire Emblem. They fulfilled a role that any other one really couldn't and are like siblings in a way.

Its alright

And actually,blazing sword didn't introduce me,Radiant Dawn did,and I'm kind of debating making it my favorite fe

But yes, TBH I never liked Owain THAT much. There are other characters much better than him.

I agree with this. Owain can be funny, but other characters have made me laugh a lot more or a lot harder. Frederick (duh lol), Gaius, Inigo, Severa, etc. And some characters are just far more interesting and have more depth.

Having a comic relief character as the main protagonist sounds like a bad idea if you ask me.

I agree with this

I hope everyone goes and makes a petition for every single character in awakening to be the main character of the next game

Edited by Fluorspar